BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, eire3382 said:

Talk of exciting additions has been said multiple times since the Vs turned up. It’s always been bs.
This window all comes down to JDT. His vision and the path forward. Clearly GB will also be important. We won’t have a significant budget, no point in pretending. The owners won’t change their spots. The rest of the senior management are incompetent. 
We need to replace the spine of the team and add experience. It’s going to take a couple of windows at least. 
Potential new players have to be sold on the “project”. Hopefully we get whoever in early and sell BBD early to get a decent replacement.

If Diaz goes, for me the spine of the team would be

Kaminski

Wharton       Ayala

Travis         Buckley

Gally         Vale

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Diaz goes, for me the spine of the team would be

Kaminski

Wharton       Ayala

Travis         Buckley

Gally         Vale

You're going nowhere fast relying on Gallagher.

Apart from maybe League 1.

We'd be as well off trying to get £3m back on him than trying to pimp BBD out imo.

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

100%. I would much rather us sign 4 quality players who improve our starting 11 that 6/7 that provide us with squad depth. The talent in our academy should be more than enough to fill up the squad, with players such as Garret, Phillips, Wharton and Vale all good enough imo to have a bit-part impact. 

Priorities for me have to be:

1 RB: 

Cody Drameh (1m) - young full back from leeds impressed on loan at cardiff last season and is available

Josh Key (500k) - another young promising player who has been proven in the lower leagues. Was linked in jan. 

1 CB:

Ahmedhodvic (loan to buy/3m) - would be top tier signing 

Phil jones - Blackburn lad and great experience. Can we keep him fit?

Van Hecke - could become available on loan later on in the Window

2 CM:

Brannagn (1m) - 14 goals at Oxford last season. Box to box

Camara (500k) - Powerhouse midfielder, impressed at Plymouth last season 

Zak Knight (1m) - Very Solid championship midfielder

1 Forward/Winger:

Dembele (loan) - can’t see Bournemouth using him much next season 

Khadra (loan/1m) - has a very high ceiling imo

Obvisously it looks a different picture if Diaz was the go but business on that sort of line would put us in good shape I reckon

I'll be shocked if we spend £10m in the transfer window - even if / when Brereton goes. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Chaddy in “I’ve mentioned him on here” shocker whenever Rovers are linked with a player 😂😂

Hardly Butty, it's ain't every player we linked but I have suggested some good potential names we should be targeting. 

I think he cost around 1.5 million to get. Well worth it. 

Zak Knight (1m) - Very Solid championship midfielder

Do you mean Jason Knight from Derby?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're going nowhere fast relying on Gallagher.

Apart from maybe League 1.

We'd be as well off trying to get £3m back on him than trying to pimp BBD out imo.

Nowhere have I said that is the spine I want. But it is what I think we could start with. 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

So from the players we have, or are likely to have, who would you choose up front ? 

I’m expecting a few signings, and even without signings, having Vale in the spine of the team is pushing it my mate. 

• Like 1

If we’re only days away from announcing signings, it looks as if we’ve again been able to move and submit bids, hold talks etc under the radar of the usual journos, wonder whether this means these will be left field signings that haven’t yet been rumoured. 

Interesting week ahead!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, TruRover said:

100%. I would much rather us sign 4 quality players who improve our starting 11 that 6/7 that provide us with squad depth. The talent in our academy should be more than enough to fill up the squad, with players such as Garret, Phillips, Wharton and Vale all good enough imo to have a bit-part impact. 

Priorities for me have to be:

1 RB: 

Cody Drameh (1m) - young full back from leeds impressed on loan at cardiff last season and is available

Josh Key (500k) - another young promising player who has been proven in the lower leagues. Was linked in jan. 

1 CB:

Ahmedhodvic (loan to buy/3m) - would be top tier signing 

Phil jones - Blackburn lad and great experience. Can we keep him fit?

Van Hecke - could become available on loan later on in the Window

2 CM:

Camara (500k) - Powerhouse midfielder, impressed at Plymouth last season 

Jason Knight (1m) - Very Solid championship midfielder

1 Forward/Winger:

Dembele (loan) - can’t see Bournemouth using him much next season 

Khadra (loan/1m) - has a very high ceiling imo

Obvisously it looks a different picture if Diaz was the go but business on that sort of line would put us in good shape I reckon

Jason Knight is a quality player. Done very well recently in the nation's league. Neat, tidy, clever and bags of energy. Be a great signing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

LT reporting that we’re aiming to make signings early next week and prior to the Accy game.

Strap in boys!!!

We've been here before. 'Aiming to' is not the same as getting deals over the line. Cautiously optimistic though.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We've been here before. 'Aiming to' is not the same as getting deals over the line. Cautiously optimistic though.

Agreed.

As said in the LT article, the season had already started before we signed anyone last season.

Hopefully things work out better with GB running the show and not Venus but the overall problem of Venkys is still here.

Optimistic about the actual signings themselves, as we have more scope to cast the net wider with JDT and GB's network but I'll be surprised if we get anyone over the line next week.

Go on then i'll say it, i bet the early part of the week nothing happens only to be told at the end of the week that "players were asking for too much money." "Well, we tried" the usual suspects on twitter will pipe up.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Go on then i'll say it, i bet the early part of the week nothing happens only to be told at the end of the week that "players were asking for too much money." "Well, we tried" the usual suspects on twitter will pipe up.

I think JDT and GB are in a bit more of a professional league than the incompetent TM and MV

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Jaybes said:

If we’re only days away from announcing signings, it looks as if we’ve again been able to move and submit bids, hold talks etc under the radar of the usual journos, wonder whether this means these will be left field signings that haven’t yet been rumoured. 

Interesting week ahead!

That's the way transfer deals should be done. 

If we are targeting players from non UK clubs then I would guess it's easier to keep quiet 

43 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

nothing is done deal transfer in football and I would imagine we are close to finalising a fee/deal for the player In My Opinion