BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

“Gregg has got the budget lines, he knows what’s available to spend and he will then propose an acquisition of a player, whether that be a permanent transfer, a loan or a free transfer, and he’ll present that to me and the board and say ‘this is who we want’.

fuck me we're going to struggle with GB having to go to the incompetent SW every time

Then the board ( Waggott) present it to Suhail who either says no or presents it to Babu who either says no or he'll present it to Barry.   He'll then either say yes/no or he'll present it to Mrs or Mr D.

Moss grows quicker on new bricks.

If Gregg has the budget lines and knows the budget then if it's in that why can't he say yes ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Then the board ( Waggott) present it to Suhail who either says no or presents it to Babu who either says no or he'll present it to Barry.   He'll then either say yes/no or he'll present it to Mrs or Mr D.

If Gregg has the budget lines and knows the budget then if it's in that why can't he say yes ?

Seems like bullshit to me! 

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure nothing could go wrong with our inexperienced, first timer DoF having full control over the budget without board oversight.

Although tbf, in the case of our board, they probably should keep their beaks out...I'm just saying structurally, what he said makes sense at a normal club anyway. The stuff you've said about it going to Pune afterwards is speculation on your part, albeit plenty of chance it's accurate based on past experience.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sure nothing could go wrong with our inexperienced, first timer DoF having full control over the budget without board oversight.

Although tbf, in the case of our board, they probably should keep their beaks out...I'm just saying structurally, what he said makes sense at a normal club anyway. The stuff you've said about it going to Pune afterwards is speculation on your part, albeit plenty of chance it's accurate based on past experience.

At a normal club the CEO or Chairperson would be in charge of the budget allocated by the ownership or board.

They would then be able to sign off transfers or wages that fit into that as that should be within their authority.  They should be trusted enough and capable enough to do that because, in effect, that's why you employ these people.

Here what we now to seem to have is another level added, a new face but the same old chain of command.

(That's without the hypothetical some would say light hearted scenario above)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

At a normal club the CEO or Chairperson would be in charge of the budget allocated by the ownership or board.

They would then be able to sign off transfers or wages that fit into that as that should be within their authority.  They should be trusted enough and capable enough to do that because, in effect, that's why you employ these people.

Here what we now to seem to have is another level added, a new face but the same old chain of command.

(That's without the hypothetical some would say light hearted scenario above)

It feels like Waggots adding another layer to protect himself and lie the blame of failure at GBs feet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

“Gregg has got the budget lines, he knows what’s available to spend and he will then propose an acquisition of a player, whether that be a permanent transfer, a loan or a free transfer, and he’ll present that to me and the board and say ‘this is who we want’.

fuck me we're going to struggle with GB having to go to the incompetent SW every time

Hang on wasn’t he saying the other week that GB will report into the owners on football matters, he will focus on the commercial side?

But to be honest his latest comments sound about right, opaque structure with all these people involved the fans literally couldn’t pick out of a line up, loads of rungs on the reporting ladder, a convoluted sign off structure.

Plus ça change, but it’s obviously just how the owners want it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Seems like bullshit to me! 

Seems like, looks like, smells like ..... you know how this goes.

The shambles shambles on and on and on. Vision, project, journey, new start .... All cobblers, lies, deceit and deflection.

I amuse myself by wondering who will jack it in first .. GB or JDT ..... I suppose the first to wake up gets the key.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Seems like, looks like, smells like ..... you know how this goes.

The shambles shambles on and on and on. Vision, project, journey, new start .... All cobblers, lies, deceit and deflection.

I amuse myself by wondering who will jack it in first .. GB or JDT ..... I suppose the first to wake up gets the key.

Wouldn't surprise me if GB gets fed realising he's actually better than all the shit, as he's actually qualified in football and somewhat as a DoF.

Waggot as a CEO however....

2 hours ago, rigger said:

So who would you have in Vales place from the currently available players ? For me the spine of a team is made up of : The Goalie, and three sets, of two players, playing as partners.

I’ve always seen the spine of a team as one of each position, so at the minute it would be Kaminski, Wharton, Trav and Gally. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

I’ve always seen the spine of a team as one of each position, so at the minute it would be Kaminski, Wharton, Trav and Gally. 

Ok if it is one per area I would go with : Kaminski, Ayala, Trav, Gally.

42 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It feels like Waggots adding another layer to protect himself and lie the blame of failure at GBs feet. 

Well how many minions of ticket office managers, commercial dept etc etc has he installed by now ?

WFT does he actually do for his money apart from 'oversee' everything ?

Beyond a cushy number this mon.

22 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Director of bugger all by sounds of it.  

It's good to have someone onboard in charge of the football operations but he has to be able to direct, not just recommend or ask.

Surely if he sees a decent young player that will fit what JDT wants and the head coach is happy with it. Then he can spend a half a million initial fee and sign off 3 grand a week without going through half a dozen other levels for a simple 'yes' !

• Like 2

Plus side to this new structure:

- Someone other than the manager has responsibility for appointments, transfers and recruitment

- In theory this means the manager can focus his energies and efforts on managing the first team, not flying around the world and running the whole operation himself

- Hopefully by extension this means that if results are crap or performances not up to scratch the manager can be removed easily and quickly and replaced without needing to rip up the entire operation and start again from scratch

Down side to this new structure:

- Broughton might talk well but is new to this job and this level

- It might further complicate and lengthen an already convoluted snail pace setup

- The absence of any flights to India to worship at the feet of Mr and Mrs Desai tells me that things are being done below their level and I am certain this means slower chains of communication and most importantly much less to play with on the financial side. I am certain that healthy cash budgets in summers of 2017, 2018 and 2019 all followed India visits whilst non-existent budgets came in summers of 2016, 2020 and 2021 without India visits.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

- Someone other than the manager has responsibility for appointments, transfers and recruitment

- In theory this means the manager can focus his energies and efforts on managing the first team, not flying around the world and running the whole operation himself

- Hopefully by extension this means that if results are crap or performances not up to scratch the manager can be removed easily and quickly and replaced without needing to rip up the entire operation and start again from scratch

- It might further complicate and lengthen an already convoluted snail pace setup

- The absence of any flights to India to worship at the feet of Mr and Mrs Desai tells me that things are being done below their level and I am certain this means slower chains of communication and most importantly much less to play with on the financial side. I am certain that healthy cash budgets in summers of 2017, 2018 and 2019 all followed India visits whilst non-existent budgets came in summers of 2016, 2020 and 2021 without India visits.

Add to the positives:

- Venkys knew we were going no where on TM journey so they are up from trying something new.

If this is true then your third point in the downside (absence of flights) may prove to be a positive. Venkys have hopefully taken advice in this and should/could change their ways and give more decision making authority to the new regime. Surely not a case of two steps forward and three steps backwards. 

Just trying to remain positive. 

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Gregg Broughton has said he has spoken directly with the owners before taking this job. He was head hutted for this job. 

The Director of Football and head coach structure is the right one for me for the reasons I have outlined in previous posts on this. 

bringing in someone like JDT who is used to working in this structure is what you want.