BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

18 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Somebody asked Rich Sharpe if this guy was a target , got no reply but looks a decent shout to me as a cb alternative. Free agent but played at good level

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/richard-jensen/profil/spieler/214078

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jensen_(footballer)

4 seasons in the Dutch second division, I’ll pass on that guy. 

33 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Why the hell would we have to scout Malmo players?

So you don’t rely on one man’s word?

If I start a new job and there was another job going within the company, I wouldn’t expect those in charge to take my recommendation without a character reference/interview 🤣

That’s how we got in this shit!

• Backroom

Some suggestions:

John Anthony Brooks - CB, end of Wolfsburg contract, 29 and won CONCACAF with the USA last year.

Eric Botheim - CF, 22, end of contract at Krasnodar due to Russia/Ukraine conflict, formerly of Bodø/Glimt so known to GB.

Hördur Magnusson - CB, 29, end of contract at CSKA Moscow, previously at Bristol City.

Alfie Mawson - CB, 28, end of contract with Fulham having been loaned to Bristol City.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tbf kounde is only 5'10 and is regarded as the best defender in Spain.  Yes the English leagues are more physical but that hasn't stopped Chelsea wanting him

Shorter Centre backs are rare, but there have been a few over the years, from Moore, Koeman, Puyol,  Beresi, Cannavaro.... a brain and positional sense can be as useful as height.

Isn't Scott Wharton also only 5 ft 11?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Some suggestions:

John Anthony Brooks - CB, end of Wolfsburg contract, 29 and won CONCACAF with the USA last year.

Eric Botheim - CF, 22, end of contract at Krasnodar due to Russia/Ukraine conflict, formerly of Bodø/Glimt so known to GB.

Hördur Magnusson - CB, 29, end of contract at CSKA Moscow, previously at Bristol City.

Alfie Mawson - CB, 28, end of contract with Fulham having been loaned to Bristol City.

I'd go no where near Mawson, he has been useless for years, Magnusson is a great call, giant aerially dominant CB 

Boeheim is probably out of our price range for wages, but we can dream

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Some suggestions:

Botheim is best mates with Haaland so that would help. Must be on good wages and his agent probably quite busy talking to clubs atm.  Not entirely convinced about him myself but does tick a lot of boxes. 

i expect a flurry of activity of the next 10 days,jdt has had time to asses what he wants and he must know now what he needs personel wise,it will be time to worry if things remain quiet🤔

id`e be looking at the big lad from west brom,semi ajayi,giant centre back,threat from set pieces and a thumping header of a ball,seemed a bit player last season so might be available,i remember he was at rotherham and he dominated the game when we played them up there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Around 6'1"  i'd wager, he isn't Sam Gallagher dimensions

Yes but Wharton can jump for a ball as well. I’d guarantee he be all over Gallagher in an opposed heading drill. A lot of really big guys struggle getting off the ground more than a foot or so. Mike England was the exception to that rule. 6’3” and he could really jump. I’ve seen him head corners down into the top corner of the goal !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes but Wharton can jump for a ball as well. I’d guarantee he be all over Gallagher in an opposed heading drill. A lot of really big guys struggle getting off the ground more than a foot or so. Mike England was the exception to that rule. 6’3” and he could really jump. I’ve seen him head corners down into the top corner of the goal !

looking at the other end of the height scale,faz and andy todd we`nt particularly tall but both of them could get up well ,david speedie was touching 5"7 and his heading was fantastic,never seen a player hang in air for so long,his timing was brilliant