BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hope it`s true but nixon is a bit of a walter mitty,in reality he knows **** all

Notice how he doesn't ever commit to anything, everything is in the balance. The Bosnian could come here, he could go there, he might do neither. We want Cantwell but it's difficult so I am covered in case that line is bollocks.

• Like 8

The ‘Aye’ comes out for the 1 in 10 that actually happens, the 9 out of 10 that disappear without trace, obviously never get another mention from him, same old shtick for years… and now he charges gullible mugs for it, the crafty old goat! 😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Notice how he doesn't ever commit to anything, everything is in the balance. The Bosnian could come here, he could go there, he might do neither. We want Cantwell but it's difficult so I am covered in case that line is bollocks.

In fairness, whilst I do agree that in many ways Nixon is a chancer and often hedges his bets, that's kind of how the transfer world works generally. Most of the time, everything is in the balance. Deals can seem like they're nailed on but fall apart. Not surprising some journalists adopt this tactic, the alternative would be to be constantly making claims that things are definitely happening and getting egg on their faces, or barely sharing any stories until they're happening.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You can't commit to anything in the transfer market cos anything can happens. Players, clubs and agents can all change their minds, players failed medical, New clubs can come in late, etc. 

The transfer market is unpredictable as anything in life Roversfan99. 

@bluebrucespot on with your last post

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can't commit to anything in the transfer market cos anything can happens. Players, clubs and agents can all change their minds, players failed medical, New clubs can come in late, etc. 

The transfer market is unpredictable as anything in life Roversfan99. 

@bluebrucespot on with your last post

They can, but that doesnt mean that Nixon doesnt often talk shit and has also been a journalist for long enough to perfect the art of covering all bases so that he can protect himself either way which only increases his arrogance and self righteousness when he gets a story right.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They can, but that doesnt mean that Nixon doesnt often talk shit and has also been a journalist for long enough to perfect the art of covering all bases so that he can protect himself either way which only increases his arrogance and self righteousness when he gets a story right.

There is zero certain in the football world and no transfer is done until the contract. No Journalist or Media reporter will commit until it is virtual a done deal. 

There is plenty of evidence of that from what certain football documentaries out there or stories of players doing a medical and close to personal terms only to see them walk out on that club to go to another club. Like what Joe Bryan did to Aston Villa before joining Fulham, or players failed medical like what happened to us like summer when we had Josh Maja here and ready to sign. 

What do you want any journalist to say? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is zero certain in the football world and no transfer is done until the contract. No Journalist or Media reporter will commit until it is virtual a done deal. 

There is plenty of evidence of that from what certain football documentaries out there or stories of players doing a medical and close to personal terms only to see them walk out on that club to go to another club. Like what Joe Bryan did to Aston Villa before joining Fulham, or players failed medical like what happened to us like summer when we had Josh Maja here and ready to sign. 

What do you want any journalist to say? 

Like I said, sometimes unforseen external factors will come into play. My initial comment which I stand by was that Nixon is the master of covering all bases.

• Like 2

Knowing what they knew at the time they should have tried to sell Rothwell last summer, there'd be an extra million or two in the pot.

He would have represented good business even if they'd only got 2 million or near that instead of nothing.  We could still have had a good season without him and going off what we'd seen up to that point he was replaceable, albiet with i different type.

That's what trading clubs do but this lot haven't a scooby do about that, hopefully a DoF changes that dynamic.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Knowing what they knew at the time they should have tried to sell Rothwell last summer, there'd be an extra million or two in the pot.

He would have represented good business even if they'd only got 2 million or near that instead of nothing.  We could still have had a good season without him and going off what we'd seen up to that point he was replaceable, albiet with i different type.

That's what trading clubs do but this lot haven't a scooby do about that, hopefully a DoF changes that dynamic.

Don't think many clubs would've been that interested, until he had a good start to the season.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Like I said, sometimes unforseen external factors will come into play. My initial comment which I stand by was that Nixon is the master of covering all bases.

You can stand by point if you want but no Football journalists and reporters will ever been dead certain of a transfer happening until it mostly done or the player is heading for medical. That the way football is. Just watch the Sunderland FC documentary to know this or just watch this deadline day special with Chris Wilder  Deadline day is even crazier than you think. We went behind the scenes with S... - Bing video

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can stand by point if you want but no Football journalists and reporters will ever been dead certain of a transfer happening until it mostly done or the player is heading for medical. That the way football is. Just watch the Sunderland FC documentary to know this or just watch this deadline day special with Chris Wilder  Deadline day is even crazier than you think. We went behind the scenes with S... - Bing video

I am well aware that a deal is presumably very complex without the need for documentaries whereby the footage will be cherry picked. Not the point I was making.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Don't think many clubs would've been that interested, until he had a good start to the season.

If they'd got the right agent hawking him around i think there might have been a market for him.

If you Google Alan Nixon The Sun, the sun website has a page with all of his stories on. Go back to the January transfer window and I am struggling to find one linked transfer that actually came off, literally.

Portly, tabloid guesser.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am well aware that a deal is presumably very complex without the need for documentaries whereby the footage will be cherry picked. Not the point I was making.

Its shows the uncertain in football deals and nothing is certain until its done. You would certain from Alan Nixon which isn't available in football. I have show or named you several different situations, articles and documentaries that show this. You seem unwanting to accept it.