BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

the fac that he`s played under jdt at malmo could be a crucial factor,though in all honesty and being completely neutral id`e rather play for jon dahl tommason,champions league winner and 120 apps for ac milan than paul heckingbottom,lower league midfielder and sacked from every job he`s had

Im sure the main factor is money. Id rather earn 20k a week than 10k a week. As much as either would be nice at the moment!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the fac that he`s played under jdt at malmo could be a crucial factor,though in all honesty and being completely neutral id`e rather play for jon dahl tommason,champions league winner and 120 apps for ac milan than paul heckingbottom,lower league midfielder and sacked from every job he`s had

JDT could be a horrendous man manager for all we know... 

26 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If there is a desire for quick defenders we might see Magloire get another chance.

I wonder if Pickering will fall into the same bracket as Ayala considering his lack of pace. Either way, it’s going to be a very new look defence.

Despite his impressive physical attributes he's doesn't seem to have impressed at any club he's been out on loan to, like you say though his attributes could be idea (in theory!) for JDTs style, Could be a late bloomer like Samba 🤷‍♂️

If fans think Magloire might be the answer then I think we really are scraping the barrel.  The lad is 24 this year and, IMO, he would struggle to even hold down a place at League 2 level as evidenced by just 30 loan appearances at bottom tier clubs in 3 years.  IMO, no ifs and buts, he just hasn't got it and you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Think we need to get Ayala off our hands and gleefully rub our hands - think he's only marginally fitter and marginally less of a a liability than Vince Grella ever was!

Think we have big problems defensively - no right back, Carter untried at Championship level, Wharton to prove he's good enough without an experienced head next to him and a painfully slow Pickering. 

Not sure we'll get the Bosnian lad despite the JDT connection.  If we are in competition with other clubs, players and agents will look where the best prospect of PL football is and where the money is.  Sadly, despite Mowbray's 5 year journey, JDT has essentially a rebuild job and I think it will be a herculean task to even get us pushing top six. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Tricky said:

JDT could be a horrendous man manager for all we know... 

the lads all looked pretty happy in the portugal pre season trip

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If he chooses them I imagine it will be financial though. They have a higher wage bill.

im`e not sure,they ar`nt splashing it around like fulham and bournemouth did,despite having a saudi owner

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If there is a desire for quick defenders we might see Magloire get another chance.

I wonder if Pickering will fall into the same bracket as Ayala considering his lack of pace. Either way, it’s going to be a very new look defence.

It’s more the cb’s as they’re left a little isolated (think Liverpool) - The fullbacks push on and leave the CB’s 1 on 1 so Ayala has been like a fish out of water as he insists on the fullbacks tucking in…

I said it last week but Dack is also struggling…hope he pulls it round 👍🏼

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s more the cb’s as they’re left a little isolated (think Liverpool) - The fullbacks push on and leave the CB’s 1 on 1 so Ayala has been like a fish out of water as he insists on the fullbacks tucking in…

I said it last week but Dack is also struggling…hope he pulls it round 👍🏼

We’ll see — I think JDT will see a lot of himself in Dack and will make him captain. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

We’ll see — I think JDT will see a lot of himself in Dack and will make him captain. 

His ability is undoubted. But he’s not going to press and JDT has implemented this 5 sec rule re getting the ball back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

His ability is undoubted. But he’s not going to press and JDT has implemented this 5 sec rule re getting the ball back. 

We don’t have the players to play like this. And to be fair, not all 10 outfield players press in the Liverpool side… and they’re the best in the world at it. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

We don’t have the players to play like this. And to be fair, not all 10 outfield players press in the Liverpool side… and they’re the best in the world at it. 

As Mowbray never built teams to last (loanees and contracts running out), JDT basically has a clean slate - he needs to bring in 5/6 players regardless. They can all be guys that fit his high press system.