BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

He got married yesterday in Malmo he’s wife’s deciding if she wants her honeymoon in Sheffield or Brockhall lol 😂 poor lass !!  

3864D734-1BB2-4275-B48F-DAAA132621BF.jpeg

Having spent quite a bit of time working in Sheffield over the years and living around Brockhall, should be no contest!  I hate Sheffield - horrible place in my view.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Having spent quite a bit of time working in Sheffield over the years and living around Brockhall, should be no contest!  I hate Sheffield - horrible place in my view.

had nights out in leeds and sheffield and got to say sheffield is a nicer place imo,they both trump rotherham,which is a cesspit

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

what? Winning team under him win the league twice in the bounce so something must be good about his ability - poor managers dont have winning teams

Mourinho was famously a terrible man manager and has won the lot

16 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Mourinho was famously a terrible man manager and has won the lot

He's a brilliant man manager, he just only has one trick - he alienates one player in the squad as his whipping boy (at Man U it was Shaw) and installs a siege mentality.

Obviously it's not a long-term strategy, which is why he moves on so often, but for those 2-3 years players will run through a wall for him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a brilliant man manager, he just only has one trick - he alienates one player in the squad as his whipping boy (at Man U it was Shaw) and installs a siege mentality.

Obviously it's not a long-term strategy, which is why he moves on so often, but for those 2-3 years players will run through a wall for him.

Got to disagree... his fear tactics worked up until the mid to back end of the 00's

Isolating and bullying a player and creating a team victim mentality is well out of date.. everyone has sussed him out and he will switch players off..

The modern day leader is so much different to to that, have to win hearts and minds in an engaging, creative, individual manner, whilst them knowing you can not be f'd with...

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We shouldnt play a back 3 nor can we play without Dack.

Kaminski

Carter Ayala Wharton Pickering

Buckley Travis

Hedges Dack Markanday

Brereton

As it stands.

That’s why we need signings … JDT and his coaching staff will be saying all the right  things publicly “Great Group” Fantastic players” “bought into the project” etc etc but privately he will know that 11 there just isn’t good enough 

• Like 2

If we signed Anel (or any other non-striker costing over a million) would it be the first time since relegation that we have spent more than a million on a player who wasn't a striker (debates about what Gallagher is not withstanding)?

54 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If we signed Anel (or any other non-striker costing over a million) would it be the first time since relegation that we have spent more than a million on a player who wasn't a striker (debates about what Gallagher is not withstanding)?

Ben Marshall was a million exactly (I think) I’m sure there might be one or two more but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We shouldnt play a back 3 nor can we play without Dack.

Kaminski

Carter Ayala Wharton Pickering

Buckley Travis

Hedges Dack Markanday

Brereton

As it stands.

I know that's about the best we can cobble together as things stand but that's a fairly horrific looking line up imo.

Defensively Carter is primarily a centre half not a RB and we will sorely miss the excellent Nyambe. The crock Ayala needs turfing out, jury's out on Pickering.

Further forward Hedges is pony imo, Markanday is completely unproven and it's unclear at this stage whether Dack can get back to anything approaching his best.

Brereton might not even be staying. Anyone who thinks Mowbray left us with a solid platform needs to look at the above and give their head a wobble. The rest of us will probably be reflecting on what a vulnerable position Mowbray has left us in and what a complete waste of time and money  the last four seasons have been.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know that's about the best we can cobble together as things stand but that's a fairly horrific looking line up imo.

Defensively Carter is primarily a centre half not a RB and we will sorely miss the excellent Nyambe. The crock Ayala needs turfing out, jury's out on Pickering.

Further forward Hedges is pony imo, Markanday is completely unproven and it's unclear at this stage whether Dack can get back to anything approaching his best.

Brereton might not even be staying. Anyone who thinks Mowbray left us with a solid platform needs to look at the above and give their head a wobble. The rest of us will probably be reflecting on what a vulnerable position Mowbray has left us in and what a complete waste of time and money  the last four seasons have been.

Not sure if I agree with some comments here Rev, overly critical imo.

The excellent Nyambe? He's a decent player but not 'excellent' Should and could have been so much better in particular offensively 

Hedges was a bit part player but shone when given a mini run towards the end of the season and looked a useful player.

Markanday is an unknown atm, however if we go off what many Spurs fans said when they sold him I'm looking forward to see him get a decent run in the side. 

Dack is a quality player and like you say it's unclear to us all regards getting back to his best, however a full preseason won't do him any harm at all, fingers crossed the lad deserves it.

Jury's out on Pickering? Is it? Still young loves to get forward and create opportunities and apparently is the sort of player JDT likes.

If BBD stays or goes you'd hope we'd be in a win win situation. Stays, we know how good he is, leaves, £££££ to hopefully reinvest in a few quality additions to provide more quality in our squad. 

We are the only non Premier League outfit to contest the U23's Premier league 2. Cat one Academy costs are rising and Venkys still remain committed. Look at Burnley, waited years to upgrade for cat one status and lasted just a couple of seasons before losing it and back to Cat two. 

Whereas we've had many talented youngsters come through one of the best Academys in the country and continue to do so.

Next season I'd expect and would not be overly disappointed with a midtable finish as long as we're seeing progress, but to be honest I'm quite looking forward to JDT's style of play, such a youthful squad of talented players, need imo at least 6 additions, let's get behind JDT and see where it takes us.

Edited by damo100
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Ben Marshall was a million exactly (I think) I’m sure there might be one or two more but I could be wrong. 

Now you mention it yeh, thought he was 1.5 mill actually but it's a while ago now. Really can't think of anyone in the last few years at least.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Which is why I'm struggling to see us spending 3m on Anel sadly.

What's worse is 3m is around the money we threw about previously on shite like Goodwillie & Leon Best without hesitation too 😵

Well I don't expect much in the way of news till/if players are officially announced with Sharpe being away on holiday. I know he's got critics on here but he remains one of the few reporters with half decent links to the club.

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Well I don't expect much in the way of news till/if players are officially announced with Sharpe being away on holiday. I know he's got critics on here but he remains one of the few reporters with half decent links to the club.

And so he should, he should have an excellent link with the club afterall he’s employed by the towns rag

Piss poor reporter though, i cant of any as bad

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pomster said:

And so he should, he should have an excellent link with the club afterall he’s employed by the towns rag

Piss poor reporter though, i cant of any as bad

I'm not gonna spend time defending him, he seems a decent bloke just trying to do his job. I don't envy him trying to get any sort of information from the circus of a club and all the clowns involved. Barely anyone has decent sources anymore, hence all the shite we read on here that never comes to fruition.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Have to agree on Sharpe. Seems very poor, nothing personal.

Not a case of being personal more a case of not getting info

Remember when a Mr A Shearer signed and he said to Peter, something along the lines of ... so your the local journo, heres my phone no.
Journalism doesn't have to be always about the clubs business, it could be chats with players, members of staff eg groundsman, even the flippin tea lady!

• Like 2