BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Pretty sure Raya went on loan to Southport early in his career who couldn't have been too many levels if any above Bamber Bridge at the time. Seemed to go OK for him.

I've no idea about the lad but I expect 5 months out of his comfort zone there would do more for his development than sharing U18 duties for the first half of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieUK said:

Pretty sure Raya went on loan to Southport early in his career who couldn't have been too many levels if any above Bamber Bridge at the time. Seemed to go OK for him.

I've no idea about the lad but I expect 5 months out of his comfort zone there would do more for his development than sharing U18 duties for the first half of the season.

I always have it firmly in my head he was 17 when he went there, but turns out it was 18, like Goddard is. Nonetheless it's two levels higher than Bamber Bridge play (think the League One of the Conference pyramid), and he only went on one short term loan there (which he smashed) and started making limited first team appearances here the same season.

I don't know what Goddard can learn from a second stint in that league that our youth coaches and the PL2 can't teach. It's not like outfield players who can learn a lot from the physical side of playing competitive games with men. At least he should get more game time than competing with our overstuffed youth goalie department. But I can only assume he either didn't do too well, to not attract someone further up the pyramid, or the club have moved him too early in the window.

21 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Anyone know Nixon's story on us this morning? I presume its the Full back from Malmo we’re battling with Sheff utd? 

FA535AA0-9ED4-4D5A-96CB-C1EC32DA853D.png

I don't have his patreon but one of my Facebook friends has put on that Nixon saying Venkys are willing to back JDT to bring the Bosnian here and Tomosson knowing the player makes us hopeful he will choose us ahead of Sheffield United 

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I don't have his patreon but one of my Facebook friends has put on that Nixon saying Venkys are willing to back JDT to bring the Bosnian here and Tomosson knowing the player makes us hopeful he will choose us ahead of Sheffield United 

please!

2 minutes ago, pomster said:

Unleaded stated earlier that JDT had phoned him?

sorry must of missed this. 

seemed like we were set to lose out to sheff United but sounds like it could very much be on - would be a top top signing.

this lad is on Van Heckes level and is an improvement on Lenihan 

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, islander200 said:

very good news this. Lets hope it happens and it good news that the owners are backing JDT. 

Ayala's interest from Spain is still there

Spanish side retain interest in Blackburn Rovers defender Daniel Ayala | Lancashire Telegraph

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

3m is a lot for us these days so that'd be pretty much our main summer signing I would have thought, unless potentially Brereton is off...

BB has to be off unless he's signing a new contract(which seems unlikely considering howmuch I imagine prem and foreign clubs will be offering hims in salary) 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

Anels contract expires in 6 months. Cheaper than expected. 

In recent years its been salaries that are more the stumbling block than transfer fees 😩 

Cant imagine this guy will be expecting too much though 🤞🤞 unless shef unt or another team offer him silly wages. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't know what Goddard can learn from a second stint in that league that our youth coaches and the PL2 can't teach. It's not like outfield players who can learn a lot from the physical side of playing competitive games with men. 

I think you are slightly missing the point here.

He goes to BB and competes for a place, if he's the goalie we hope he is then BB will put him in and play him all season.  Then that development will go to a higher loan, perhaps conference and then he has to play there....its exactly what he needs right now, not so much competing against men from opposite clubs, it's the competition to play week in week out at that level....Once he does that then he will get an extension to his deal....

Straight from the horses mouth that

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

very good news this. Lets hope it happens and it good news that the owners are backing JDT. 

Ayala's interest from Spain is still there

Spanish side retain interest in Blackburn Rovers defender Daniel Ayala | Lancashire Telegraph

They’re more than happy to let Ayala go. Doesn’t fit with the plans….too slow.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

They’re more than happy to let Ayala go. Doesn’t fit with the plans….too slow.

I think that would be right decisions given his wage and injuries he has had during his time here. get rid

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do you remember the time we threw him up front at Luton towards the end of the game ?  Running in treacle doesn’t do it justice, more like running in quicksand.

Yes I remember that game and I do wonder why Mowbray didn't sign a striker in January. Anyway we have move on now to JDT era and from his past experiences seems to play players in their correct positions

55 minutes ago, neophox said:

Anels contract expires in 6 months. Cheaper than expected. 

well according to this he has 18 months left on his contract not 6 months. otherwise we could have agreed pre contract agreement. 

Anel Ahmedhodzic - Player profile 2022 | Transfermarkt

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I always have it firmly in my head he was 17 when he went there, but turns out it was 18, like Goddard is. Nonetheless it's two levels higher than Bamber Bridge play (think the League One of the Conference pyramid), and he only went on one short term loan there (which he smashed) and started making limited first team appearances here the same season.

I don't know what Goddard can learn from a second stint in that league that our youth coaches and the PL2 can't teach. It's not like outfield players who can learn a lot from the physical side of playing competitive games with men. At least he should get more game time than competing with our overstuffed youth goalie department. But I can only assume he either didn't do too well, to not attract someone further up the pyramid, or the club have moved him too early in the window.

Hopefully he will be playing regular football there and developing his game. Is he going to get game time for the under 23's. if not then a loan move would be better for him. He will playing with experience players like Nathan Pond. 

I wonder if he played yesterday with PNE yesterday