BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

All I know is that Suhail has worked in many of V’s businesses and is arguably their most trusted man. He IS the conduit but once the budget is set it’s his decision and his sign off that GB etc will need on V’s behalf 👍🏼

So why did Mowbray go to India?

Surely he could have skipped the time and just got what he needed from the middle man instead.

Reckon Suhail could have authorised the Brereton or Gallagher fees? Nah.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2022 at 06:26, Miller11 said:

From the Telegraph article today, I’m expecting us to be a lot less active in the transfer market than we’ve all hoped.

It looks like we are going to try and fast track academy players through to the first team quicker than we have. I’m pretty pleased with this, but we need to supplement this with a few experienced heads. Unfortunately I can see us trying to do it primarily with loans instead.

I think it is fantastic we go with our own youth first, very commendable BUT, both our DoF and Manager are new and for the most part new to this league so what IF it goes tits up after a short time, the window is closed then.

In a way it is OK, great.even, that JDT and Greg are looking to go that way at least it gives them time to get at least a feel of the level of Championship Footy and the level of our opponents BEFORE they go splashing cash.  

My biggest fear is that we do sell Diaz, late in the window as usual no one is brought in due to the late date and the Brereton money is banked.  So we get to the January window both GB and JDT are happy with targets they have identified are comfortable that they can do more than just hack it.  So Mr Broughton (sp?) is that his name?  Damn senility. anyway our DoF picks up the phone his the BUY PLAYER speed dial button on the phone........,...NOTHING.  Just the FAX mysteriously stops working.  GB speaks to JDT,   ring ring.......no answer.  It continues like this and by January both Greg and Jon are outta here.  They've just been Lamberted or Lambertboozled what ever you want to call it. 

All of course speculation but it has been done before right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

In a way it is OK, great.even, that JDT and Greg are looking to go that way at least it gives them time to get at least a feel of the level of Championship Footy and the level of our opponents BEFORE they go splashing cash.  

If only that problem could have been dealt with in advance by changing the manager a few months ago...

On 30/06/2022 at 09:45, unleaded said:

Rovers keeping tabs on  Veljko Birmančević  …. 

The attacking left sided Right  footed midfielder who is dubbed the Serbian Foden is high on JDT wanted list …..

Serbian Foden

Rovers Are also  tracking Oxfords Cameron Brannagan …..Scored 14 from Midfield….

Oxfords First team Scout who just joined Rovers last week has pushed him to GB …….. 

59C35DFB-117D-4057-B379-C3EAE319F257.jpeg

Serbian Foden?  What cos he favours him a little and plays in City's colours.  Scored a few but I did not see anything just stand out like that Anel's video showing lots of great tackles, a lot of desire not to get done, plus looks to read the game well.  Not saying this Fodan from Serbia isn't great I just did not see it on his HIGHLIGHTS video

With 28 days until the new season is anyone remotely concerned that we haven’t done any business yet. Well except losing 6 of last seasons first xi. With the arrival of the much ballyhooed rookie DOF and the speed he appointed JDT after swags dithering and delaying I was hoping there’d be some positive activity by now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

With 28 days until the new season is anyone remotely concerned that we haven’t done any business yet. Well except losing 6 of last seasons first xi. With the arrival of the much ballyhooed rookie DOF and the speed he appointed JDT after swags dithering and delaying I was hoping there’d be some positive activity by now. 

I would give it until next week pal…Rich Sharpe has stated that (hopefully) we will be close to signing early next week…of course if they fall through then maybe but trust the process…it doesn’t help that JDT has only had a week with the players…

17 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I would be more than happy to get veljko birmancevic….would this not be Markandays position though, look like similar players.

Birmancevic is a right footer who plays on the left, and Markanday is a left footer who plays from the right, Dolan would likely compete with Birmancevic, and Hedges with Markanday

21 minutes ago, matt83 said:

No I am not concerned at all. 

This week pre season training camp is about JDT assessing the squad and what transfer moves he wants to make

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Rovers scouts were in attendance as Malmo  got beat 2-1 last night …..Malmo had 37 shots 18 on target but still couldn’t breakdown the minnows ….. Berget was playing as a forward…. 

Birmancevic was playing too...

Screenshot_2022-07-02-09-10-54-89_d29973efd0ded056752aedcf6cbf62ac.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-02-09-10-59-39_d29973efd0ded056752aedcf6cbf62ac.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I would be more than happy to get veljko birmancevic….would this not be Markandays position though, look like similar players.

Feel like we need one starting 11 quality attacking player who can play across the front line to give us proper depth. Definitely not a priority position for us though especially if we keep Diaz 

• Like 2

On 30/06/2022 at 15:07, RevidgeBlue said:

Must admit, was hoping for some fireworks myself next week, anyone who's out of contract will be a free agent by 00.01 Saturday morning so it might concentrate a few minds and start the ball rolling.

Fireworks are on Monday.over here   That do you?

• Like 1

An attacking midfielder who can score goals (double figures) is exactly what we need if we have any desire to be pushing for promotion.

I read the stats for Rothwell last week and it is alarming just how consistently poor he actually is. Good riddance. 3 goals is useless. Buckley also incapable in that particular role. Rothwell will now slip into obscurity.

he became a regular fixture in the side in his favoured central role, with 2021/22 his best season in terms of appearances (43), goals (3) and assists (10) as he played a key part in Rovers’ push for the play-offs.

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

The football club is skint, that hasn't changed since Mowbray left, he spent nothing of note for 2yrs and I don't expect that promotion busting approach to change anytime soon. 

The rhetoric coming out of the club, talking about promoting academy players only lends strength to that. 

You need healthy transfer funds to get out of this league, or hefty wages, we have neither, but even in the face of adversity I'm looking forward to the season ahead.

Venkys Out.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

Somebody asked Rich Sharpe if this guy was a target , got no reply but looks a decent shout to me as a cb alternative. Free agent but played at good level

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/richard-jensen/profil/spieler/214078

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jensen_(footballer)

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Rovers scouts were in attendance as Malmo  got beat 2-1 last night …..Malmo had 37 shots 18 on target but still couldn’t breakdown the minnows ….. Berget was playing as a forward…. 

Why the hell would we have to scout Malmo players?

• Like 3