BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Jaybes said:

If we’re only days away from announcing signings, it looks as if we’ve again been able to move and submit bids, hold talks etc under the radar of the usual journos, wonder whether this means these will be left field signings that haven’t yet been rumoured. 

Interesting week ahead!

That's the way it used to be done at 'Rovers, when John Williams and his team would keep things under wraps and use their connections and confidences to get things done before going public. Nowadays, or certainly in recent times, the only thing our senior management seem connected to is their own exhaust. 

Let's hope we are entering a new phase on the upwards trajectory for the club 😉

50 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

That's the way it used to be done at 'Rovers, when John Williams and his team would keep things under wraps and use their connections and confidences to get things done before going public. Nowadays, or certainly in recent times, the only thing our senior management seem connected to is their own exhaust. 

Let's hope we are entering a new phase on the upwards trajectory for the club 😉

I remember when batty signed from Leeds, it came totally out of the blue. I can still remember thinking ... whose David Batty!

Edited by pomster

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Really? He’d been a regular for Leeds for years and was one of the stars of their title winning side… and had some international caps, was in the England side at the Euros the summer before.

It was a massive signing, real statement of intent.

True, just brain freeze in action 🤔 😊

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeH said:

My favorite part of the article is this...

He’s also being tipped to head to the Championship on loan but it’s said that Villa want to send him to a club challenging near the top end of the second tier table, and so we could guess that Villa want the same for Iroegbunam.

That could well rule the likes of Blackburn, Swansea, Stoke City and Bristol City out of the transfer chase and perhaps come as a boost to Sheffield United and QPR who might be in and around the top half.

Based on what?!

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Anel Ahmedhodzic isn't going anywhere until the Bordeaux relegation appeal is sorted. They have first dibs as they hold a buy clause as part of the loan deal.

They are appealing relegation to the third tier as I understand it. They can't appeal the relegation to ligue 2 so I'm not sure why it would delay anything 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

They are appealing relegation to the third tier as I understand it. They can't appeal the relegation to ligue 2 so I'm not sure why it would delay anything 

They still hold the right to buy the player if they choose to. Nobody else can sign him until they make that decision unless they pay off Bordeaux (to end the option) and Malmo to buy him.

3 minutes ago, 1874 said:

They still hold the right to buy the player if they choose to. Nobody else can sign him until they make that decision unless they pay off Bordeaux (to end the option) and Malmo to buy him.

I'm sure they must have a deadline to complete the deal regardless. Anyway, I would imagine we aren't at the front of the queue for his services 🙁

Just now, Lucimo said:

I'm sure they must have a deadline to complete the deal regardless. Anyway, I would imagine we aren't at the front of the queue for his services 🙁

Oddly enough it's probably today as i assume his loan would have expired yesterday

“Gregg has got the budget lines, he knows what’s available to spend and he will then propose an acquisition of a player, whether that be a permanent transfer, a loan or a free transfer, and he’ll present that to me and the board and say ‘this is who we want’.

fuck me we're going to struggle with GB having to go to the incompetent SW every time

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Butty said:

I’m expecting a few signings, and even without signings, having Vale in the spine of the team is pushing it my mate. 

So who would you have in Vales place from the currently available players ? For me the spine of a team is made up of : The Goalie, and three sets, of two players, playing as partners.

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

So who would you have in Vales place from the currently available players ? For me the spine of a team is made up of : The Goalie, and three sets, of two players, playing as partners.

I always thought - goalkeeper, centre half, centre midfield, central striker. Unless you’re lucky enough to have two backbones of course.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I’m just craving a transfer link of substance…

Same! It makes perfect sense that JDT has needed time to review what he has, it's certainly the right way to do things...

However it's also quite agonising to see some of the free's that have been snapped up as well as Burnley signing players left, right and centre - whilst we're seemingly doing nothing. I expect plenty will be going on next week though.

We were told to be patient in all fairness... but that's difficult after the exciting appointments of JDT/GB, we're all very curious about who they could bring in with their connections and how much we have to spend etc.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I always thought - goalkeeper, centre half, centre midfield, central striker. Unless you’re lucky enough to have two backbones of course.

If you don't work in pairs, one injury or a suspension and you are knackered. I think it was known as belt and braces.

5 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

.. but that's difficult after the exciting appointments of JDT/GB, we're all very curious about who they could bring in with their connections, how much we have to spend etc.

Connections?  Swedish league,🤷‍♂️ ...its all a bit quiet....I'd have thought JDT would have a couple lined up to take away on pre camp...that's the place to bed in new players away with the squad....should have made signings by now...1st preseason game will be depressing if it's all kids

• Like 1

Remember when we we're linked with cantwell? In what feels like eleven years ago....

As for Bordeaux they are financially fucked whichever division they end up in. I can't see them keeping him but also I'd be impressed if he came here.

Edited by Danny O.Brien