BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Peterborough fans seem to want to cash in on Szmodics.

Yeh, at about double what we're reported to have offered. I bet the poll would look very different at 1 mill. Wouldn't want us to pay 2 mill for him personally.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am delighted by the signing of Callum Brittain. He is quality player and for me an upgrade on Nyambe. He also impressed every game I've seen especially at Ewood Park last season. Also to know from our director of Football Gregg Broughton that we have been tracking him for over 12 months.  Very good interview on Rovers TV from him. 

Nothing confirm that James Brown will be loan out. I would keep him and loan JRC out instead myself but lets see in the future. 

Also to know from our director of Football Gregg Broughton that we have been tracking him for over 12 months. 

You didn't say you'd had a meeting with him as well?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Let's wait and see what happens. 

I have said what I would do and I can't be anymore clear than that. 

Why keep signing players when we have got players already in the squad who can fill that role. We don't need to keep signing squad fillers when we got good young talent players who can fill these roles and improve and develop here. We need another 4 or 5 signings now and that's is all we need.  

Like I said, I feel like both would benefit from a loan. Brown has played (and struggled in) one game of a reasonable professional standard at the age of 24, a season of football week in week out at League 1 would be really good for his personal development and to see if he excels ready to come back into contention the year after, rather than just playing occasionally here. Rankin Costello had had many injuries and has struggled at this level, again a season of regular football could be make or break rather than the odd cameo/appearance.

On a budget though, I would understand loaning out only one, neither have proven their ability at Championship level and both would benefit from regular football which isn't on offer here. I am not overly fussed which one but would probably lean towards prioritising Brown going on loan.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Yeh, at about double what we're reported to have offered. I bet the poll would look very different at 1 mill. Wouldn't want us to pay 2 mill for him personally.

I noticed a couple of comments saying as I mentioned yesterday that he struggled at Championship level compared to in League 1. They seem to think that they have replacements internally (a young player called Poku who I saw a few times last season who seems very dangerous) and could do with the money. 

Talented player but I am not sure he would start if Dack is fit.

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Also to know from our director of Football Gregg Broughton that we have been tracking him for over 12 months. 

You didn't say you'd had a meeting with him as well?

GB said In signing release,  he has known about Brittian for years , since watching play aboard on loan .

13 minutes ago, damo100 said:

No, he was a full back who loved to get forward. 

One of the best I've seen in a Rovers shirt doing this. 

A case of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Way before Chris Price's time when dinosaurs still roamed the earth we had a diminutive right winger Johnny Price 71-73 time.

5 ft 2 inches and signed from Stockport County I think he was.

Despite his size he was a good un as well at old Division 3 (League 1) level. One of my favourite players growing up.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, damo100 said:

No, he was a full back who loved to get forward. 

One of the best I've seen in a Rovers shirt doing this. 

Yes, he was a right winger who loved to kick the ball past the full back and simply use his pace to beat his man before getting a cross in. He was very good at it.

You’re more than likely thinking of Chris Price but I’ll forgive you. 😆

C0B44C5C-CD64-435F-943A-B218CCE3AF19.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So its now clear our market is the 3rd Division.

I can see how that will improve us from last season.

Bit harsh probably.

Whilst I agree there's still much MUCH more to do in terms of recruitment I'd say this lad theoretically looks in a different bracket to the calibre of player we've  brought in over the last couple of seasons. (Pickering, Edun, Hedges etc)

Let's hope it pans out that way and let's hope there's at least several more to follow.

• Like 3

• J*B changed the title to The 2022 Summer Transfer Window - Superstylin?
Just now, glen9mullan said:

Reliably informed from Barnsley side (agent) that Styles is rovers bound, seen as a Smith-Rowe type player.

Some fine details re sell on clauses, but this is likely to happen.

This is not related to my meeting today, which i will report on later

Oh Glen made my night 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Yes, he was a right winger who loved to kick the ball past the full back and simply use his pace to beat his man before getting a cross in. He was very good at it.

You’re more than likely thinking of Chris Price but I’ll forgive you. 😆

C0B44C5C-CD64-435F-943A-B218CCE3AF19.jpeg

How patronising..

Don't recall Jonny being mentioned here, looks like you're confused here 😐 😳

Screenshot_20220721-192342_Samsung Internet.png

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Reliably informed from Barnsley side (agent) that Styles is rovers bound, seen as a Smith-Rowe type player.

Some fine details re sell on clauses, but this is likely to happen.

This is not related to my meeting today, which i will report on later

Would be over the moon with this one.Joe who 

• Like 1