BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wow, that's weird. Noel was very young and "Tom Thumb" must only have been early 50's?

Both right wingers as well.

noel was only 38 when he died😥,working as a painter and decorator i think,very tragic,i used to love him jinking down the wing,despite the boo boys in the blackburn end,i thought he was great

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What makes you say that Brittain looks in a different bracket in terms of calibre to those named players, out of interest?

I'd presume the fact Brittain has spent the last two seasons in the Championship one extremely good season the other poor whilst the other 2 had never done it at this level 

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20296277.blackburn-rovers-transfer-latest-club-step-search/

A few things of interest:

- The Nyambe contract offer was considerably higher than previously but was withdrawn.

- Rich Sharpe doesn't know who the midfielder is and seemingly is speculating on the identity.

- The aim is 2 centre backs, 1 central midfielder and 1 "attacker" with a further striker if and when Brereton leaves. Do we need 2 centre backs more than say 2 central midfielders? I think Travis, Buckley who has only been converted to a deeper role now so whether that will work as well as it theoretically could is unknown, then one more, and little beyond that, is not enough. A couple of injuries and it is the underwhelming Edun who is also needed to cover left back, and untested kids. 

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Aye all right. You clearly didn't have a clue who Johnny Price was when you replied to CLB' s tongue in cheek post about "Price" being a winger.

Understandably so unless you're getting on a bit like me.

On the contrary, Johnny Price wasn't even mentioned.

Must have been a senior moment on his part.

Ah well, no harm done.

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wow, that's weird. Noel was very young and "Tom Thumb" must only have been early 50's?

Both right wingers as well.

Wasn’t Brotherston a left winger? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20296277.blackburn-rovers-transfer-latest-club-step-search/

- The Nyambe contract offer was considerably higher than previously but was withdrawn.

- Rich Sharpe doesn't know who the midfielder is and seemingly is speculating on the identity.

- The aim is 2 centre backs, 1 central midfielder and 1 "attacker" with a further striker if and when Brereton leaves. Do we need 2 centre backs more than say 2 central midfielders? I think Travis, Buckley who has only been converted to a deeper role now so whether that will work as well as it theoretically could is unknown, then one more, and little beyond that, is not enough. A couple of injuries and it is the underwhelming Edun who is also needed to cover left back, and untested kids. 

Or the management who see them every day feel Garrett or Wharton can play a part. 

Sharpe is guessing what we are looking for there anyway.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah Noel was late 30s and I believe Johnny took his own life in his early 50s.

Didn't know that. Makes me sad because he was a good lad. Bandiest pair of legs on a footballer I've seen. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Or the management who see them every day feel Garrett or Wharton can play a part. 

I don't understand the argument of "well management see them every day" that is regularly mentioned. I have never claimed that I know more, I just posted my opinion on a messageboard that I would prefer at least 2 midfielders are brought in, otherwise I feel regardless of how talented those 2 appear in training and in kids games, that we would be short of senior options. Hopefully the pair break through but the chances of them both doing so immediately would likely be low and it shouldn't be forced.

If that is a genuine argument, surely the whole messageboard is pointless.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sharpe has a lot more confidence in Wharton / Garrett et al than I do. 

That said, if Buckley and Travis are the confirmed starters at CM you can probably only afford 1 more quality guy in there to rotate (which should be the aim) based on our wage structure / transfer budget. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I must admit, I think we need 2x cm’s too!

Intrresting that Nyambe’s deal was pulled. I thought as much…he’s just not great. His agent has probably cost him £3m in wages by not signing that 4yr deal he had on the table.

The club bidding on Styles and Smozics tells me that Dack is on borrowed time. I mentioned shortly after JDT’s appointment that the coaching staff were particularly worried about Dack and Ayala ability to fit in to the high intensity game plan….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I must admit, I think we need 2x cm’s too!

Intrresting that Nyambe’s deal was pulled. I thought as much…he’s just not great. His agent has probably cost him £3m in wages by not signing that 4yr deal he had on the table.

The club bidding on Styles and Smozics tells me that Dack is on borrowed time. I mentioned shortly after JDT’s appointment that the coaching staff were particularly worried about Dack and Ayala ability to fit in to the high intensity game plan….

while i don`t think dack will play every game,he`s to good a player to ship out,we don`t need all 10 outfield players running around at high tempo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, damo100 said:

How patronising..

Don't recall Jonny being mentioned here, looks like you're confused here 😐 😳

Screenshot_20220721-192342_Samsung Internet.png

This could be a BRFCS comedy sketch..

I initially replied to 1864’s post thinking (with a reference to 1970) that he had mistaken Johnny Price for a fullback. I now realise that he was, in fact, talking about Chris Price.

When you then stated that Price was a fullback, I countered with the info on Johnny Price, the winger.

It was neither a tongue in cheek post, nor a patronising one. I was trying to make light of it, hence the smiley.

😆😆

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't understand the argument of "well management see them every day" that is regularly mentioned. I have never claimed that I know more, I just posted my opinion on a messageboard that I would prefer at least 2 midfielders are brought in, otherwise I feel regardless of how talented those 2 appear in training and in kids games, that we would be short of senior options. Hopefully the pair break through but the chances of them both doing so immediately would likely be low and it shouldn't be forced.

If that is a genuine argument, surely the whole messageboard is pointless.

Yeah but we have a budget I'd rather 1 decent addition like a styles instead of 2 mediocre/poor signings.

It's not an insult ,it's a fact the management see them daily and may feel 1 or 2 of them can play a part and don't need to bring in the numbers you or I feel we need as they have more insight and expertise than we do.

We wouldn't be the only club in the country not buying a senior player for a certain position as the club feels a player is ready to step up and play senior football.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

This could be a BRFCS comedy sketch..

I initially replied to 1864’s post thinking (with a reference to 1970) that he had mistaken Johnny Price for a fullback. I now realise that he was, in fact, talking about Chris Price.

When you then stated that Price was a fullback, I countered with the info on Johnny Price, the winger.

It was neither a tongue in cheek post, nor a patronising one. I was trying to make light of it, hence the smiley.

😆😆

No harm done, take care fella.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

It’s a fair enough thing to moan about this, before venkys we never made a bad signing ever in the history of the club 🙄🙄

I think you are right mate....I seen the biggest shower of shite in blue and white halves since these took over...no coincidence 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoverRB said:

Styles follows a fair few of our lot on Instagram if that counts for anything 😂

Him and Butterworth are the same age and went to rival schools in Rochdale. So they're pretty close (as both were obviously the outstanding player). 

As for his position, all I know is his coach in Yr11 played him as the #10 🤣

Fun comment: Does anyone know the quiz question which has Callum Styles as the answer?

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1