BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

17 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

As if any salary we offer Brereton would be enough. Why on earth would he sign a contract with us under any circumstances when a PL club might come in for him this summer? 

You really think any PL club will go for him? I think not, he’s not good enough…However with his age and another 20+ Goal season with us, he can “better his chances”

37 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Put it this way, what did more harm? Not signing Emnes, Gally etc. a couple of games early, or going into the season expecting the likes of Stokes, Greer, Byrne and Samuelsen to be first teamers?

Sounds like an obvious point, but we can afford to wait if it's what is needed to get the right players in. 

Fair question and one which can be flipped around and applied to today's situation, for me.

What is going to do more harm to our season...not bringing in the required quality early enough or going into the season expecting these kids to step up?

Get off to a bad start and it's a long way back, IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

You really think any PL club will go for him? I think not, he’s not good enough…However with his age and another 20+ Goal season with us, he can “better his chances”

I can see your thinking - after all it's only been one good season (arguably half season.) That said given his talent and contract status he would be relatively cheap - if we only got £15 mill for Armstrong who had a longer track record of scoring in the championship I reckon Bereton would be below this  - then they might well take a gamble. 

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If Brererton was a free transfer of course he would have offers from the Premier league.

Armstrong was bought last season and Brererton Is a better all round player and has done the buisness at international level. 

I still think someone will pay the £15 million pre deadline.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If Brererton was a free transfer of course he would have offers from the Premier league.

Armstrong was bought last season and Brererton Is a better all round player and has done the buisness at international level. 

I just hope it's long enough before the deadline that we can use the money. 

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Of course if he was free he would be snapped up…I’m talking about this summer.

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned…Morton is in the Liverpool squad tonight…in Austria!!! Obvious   nothing imminent there then…So frustrating, we’ve literally signed 1 player! 

However, I have strong believes that we will hear something tomorrow elsewhere.

The loan is on hold because he's covering for Liverpool in these friendlies - or at least that's what we've been told. 

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Fair question and one which can be flipped around and applied to today's situation, for me.

What is going to do more harm to our season...not bringing in the required quality early enough or going into the season expecting these kids to step up?

Get off to a bad start and it's a long way back, IMO.

I'm not arguing with you and believe me id be as happy as Larry if we had all our business done.But if we have been in talks with clubs and have been told a player who is our first choice will be available once they get a player in.Should we move on to the next target or wait for the preferred player?

I sound like a Parrot but did you see Wilders interview?Said they are close with 3 attackers from the premier league and have agreements with the players but have to wait for their clubs to give the go ahead? 

The manager and Dof have both said money available and I know we have heard that in the past from others but il give the new guys the benefit of the doubt for now.Only media talk but don't you find it a bit heartening that at least we seem to be targeting decent players if the links with Davies, Anel, Styles etc are true?

Do you think we will beat QPR at the weekend if we don't make any more signings before then?

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Of course if he was free he would be snapped up…I’m talking about this summer.

Some team will panic.There will be people watching him at the ground Saturday. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Brighton made a move 

With some of the transfer fees paid for some players this summer ,year left on his deal or not Brererton is worth the £15 million a more commercially savvy club will get that fee back by exploiting his popularity in Chile.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Any advisor would be saying to BBD, forget an extended contract with Rovers.  Sit tight, consider any offers should Rovers agree a fee with anyone - if you don't fancy it, worse case scenario is you move to another Championship club next season and bank a big slice of your perceived value.  Best case, a PL club come in next season and you get a huge wage increase and again bank a big slice of your perceived value.

Sadly, there is only going to be one winner here and Rovers are between a rock and a hard place.  Think it will be a big stretch to get anywhere near £15million.  Think anyone who thinks otherwise is living with the fairies.

• Like 3

Styles and Bowler are pie in the sky stuff along with Anel and Davies. They aren't going to happen.

Hope these prem loans are good as that's what we are waiting for going off JDT's latest comments.

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Any advisor would be saying to BBD, forget an extended contract with Rovers.  Sit tight, consider any offers should Rovers agree a fee with anyone - if you don't fancy it, worse case scenario is you move to another Championship club next season and bank a big slice of your perceived value.  Best case, a PL club come in next season and you get a huge wage increase and again bank a big slice of your perceived value.

Sadly, there is only going to be one winner here and Rovers are between a rock and a hard place.  Think it will be a big stretch to get anywhere near £15million.  Think anyone who thinks otherwise is living with the fairies.

Deja vu or should I say Adam Armstrong

Saying the exact same last year

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

This is a serious problem on this board, people just make up facts and statistics to make a point! You are way off. Coyle signed 5 players before a ball was kicked all of them in the squad for the first game against Norwich:

stokes, Byrne, Hendrie, Greer, feeney- if you include Graham who signed on a permanent then it’s 6 players.

The issue wasn’t not signing the issue was signing absolute tosh. Surely the only time to judge is when the window is closed? If we’ve not added or it’s just kids on loan we are all right to have a meltdown but we won’t know until then.  if we end up with van hecke on a permanent in August surely that’s better then rushing out and signing someone of a lower quality early in the window?

I also think waggots getting off lightly here, broughton seems to get all the stick but in his defence he wasn’t hired until July! If waggot had pulled his finger out and made some appointments in June we might be further along.

GB started early June and JDT mid June.

Still early days for them though, a ball not yet kicked in anger.

I agree that Waggott deserves stick for a multitude of reasons including a long and badly managed Manager and DoF search.

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Can we have a dislike button for stupid comments 

I don't like it as much as you do, but doesn't stop it being true. Every time he came off the bench last season it was like playing a man down.

Now, I was hoping he would have a really good pre season with plenty of minutes under his belt and start the season looking sharp etc. Looks like he is playing catch up again though.

I love Dack, and he might still have that knack of sniffing a goal out here and there, but it's not going to be enough I fear.

Think his days as a top player is this league are over unfortunately.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I don't like it as much as you do, but doesn't stop it being true. Every time he came off the bench last season it was like playing a man down.

Now, I was hoping he would have a really good pre season with plenty of minutes under his belt and start the season looking sharp etc. Looks like he is playing catch up again though.

I love Dack, and he might still have that knack of sniffing a goal out here and there, but it's not going to be enough I fear.

Think his days as a top player is this league are over unfortunately.

The truth is sometimes hard to except, but it has to be done.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Galgaterover10 said:

This is a serious problem on this board, people just make up facts and statistics to make a point! You are way off. Coyle signed 5 players before a ball was kicked all of them in the squad for the first game against Norwich:

stokes, Byrne, Hendrie, Greer, feeney- if you include Graham who signed on a permanent then it’s 6 players.

The issue wasn’t not signing the issue was signing absolute tosh. Surely the only time to judge is when the window is closed? If we’ve not added or it’s just kids on loan we are all right to have a meltdown but we won’t know until then.  if we end up with van hecke on a permanent in August surely that’s better then rushing out and signing someone of a lower quality early in the window?

I also think waggots getting off lightly here, broughton seems to get all the stick but in his defence he wasn’t hired until July! If waggot had pulled his finger out and made some appointments in June we might be further along.

If you’re gonna make wild accusations like that, you’re going to need to give some examples.