BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

Well this is all very predictable, not a pot to piss in, waiting for handouts from Premiership club and billionaire owners.

You can keep changing the manager and his direct reports, but we need a change in ownership or this continues season after season after season.........

Venkys Out!

This post will get a like from me at the end of the window if like you say no money is spent. 

For now il take JDT'S word for it that money is available and we are trying to bring in quality.

The Venkys out part il like now 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

Well this is all very predictable, not a pot to piss in, waiting for handouts from Premiership club and billionaire owners.

You can keep changing the manager and his direct reports, but we need a change in ownership or this continues season after season after season.........

Venkys Out!

Jesus, get a grip. Just because we don't come out telling the world our targets doesn't mean stuff isn't going on behind the scenes. Still got 5 weeks until the window closes. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Jesus, get a grip. Just because we don't come out telling the world our targets doesn't mean stuff isn't going on behind the scenes. Still got 5 weeks until the window closes. 

Is there not a case to say that three or four weeks into the season is not the best time to be doing your transfer business?

Edited by Gordon Ottershaw
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaybes said:

Magloire permanent move to Northampton confirmed, undisclosed fee. Good for all parties, never looked like he was going to make the grade at this level

He looked shot to pieces away at Blackpool last year.  Felt sorry for him in the end.  Can't see him ever making it above League 1 at best.  Good luck to him, hope he can have a fresh start.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

Is there not a case to say that three or four weeks into the season is not the best time to be doing your transfer business?

In an ideal world yes but this summer was always going to be difficult with the new team only just being in place. In reality JDT hasn't seen any of the players in a competitive match yet.

We seem to have a plan of the system JDT wants to play and the additional players needed to make it a success which is better than most seasons. It's just going to take time to get the players in within our budget.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Magloire wouldn’t get a game in my Monday night 6 a side league so I’ll be impressed if Northampton decide he’s anything but hopeless. Good luck though, young man!

Looking at Twitter their fans rate him and are happy with the deal.

I can't say I watch much League Two football, but I assume he can get by with his pace down there.

Just now, The Gull said:

WIth Magliore deal confirmed I hope that's a sign someone may be coming in, dare I dream.....

Can’t see a correlation there I’m afraid, if it was a one in one out policy half of this message board wouldn’t be having panic attacks at our lack of business

• Like 1

• J*B changed the title to Transfer Window - Defenders are Leaving
1 minute ago, Theaxe15 said:

Can’t see a correlation there I’m afraid, if it was a one in one out policy half of this message board wouldn’t be having panic attacks at our lack of business

Me neither.

It is pleasing that JDT / Broughton have watched Magloire play / train for a month and thought "Nope", though. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

You're probably right, but then again we're now left with only three senior centre backs, one of them is Carter and another can't be trusted to stay fit.

I know we have Phillips too, but it does leave us particularly short. I wonder if it's because we're close to bringing one in.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Squad numbers are in, notable absentees: 

Number 5 (CB)

Number 6 (CB)

Number 8 (CM)

Sometimes people just have their own numbers and the traditional numbers don't get filled, however I would hold out hope that Morton wouldn't take 8 so assume they want a big/decent midfield signing.

If I allow myself to dream, people don't seem to like that round here, then JPVH can have the 5 shirt and become the new Big Col.

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Squad numbers are in, notable absentees: 

Number 5 (CB)

Number 6 (CB)

Number 8 (CM)

They don't mean anything.

Wharton is 16, Brereton is 22, Dack is 23 etc, whilst Edun is 7. 

If Edun is a starter this year we're in trouble. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They don't mean anything.

Wharton is 16, Brereton is 22, Dack is 23 etc, whilst Edun is 7. 

If Edun is a starter this year we're in trouble. 

They certainly do in this case.

We know we’re going to sign a CM and 2 CBs and the traditional numbers for them positions are untaken. 

Just helps reaffirm our recruitment priorities. 

Call me a traditionalist, but would it have killed Wharton, Buckley, Markanday and Travis to take numbers in the first XI. 

I get Brereton-Diaz and Dack have "brand worth" with 22 and 23. But Markanday could be #7, Buckley #8, Wharton #5 or #6, and our captain not "down" at #27.

Edun, JRC and Dolan rocking top XI numbers is vomit worthy (if numbers meant anything!)

Maybe we have 3 more of these quality signings to come in and take the remaining 3.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Me neither.

It is pleasing that JDT / Broughton have watched Magloire play / train for a month and thought "Nope", though. 

Worrying if it took them a month to fathom that out!

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

They certainly do in this case.

We know we’re going to sign a CM and 2 CBs and the traditional numbers for them positions are untaken. 

Just helps reaffirm our recruitment priorities. 

If Tyler Morton is our CM option then god help us.

Edited by BankEnd Rover