BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, 47er said:

Get rid of Waggot and appoint someone like Williams.

Have regular dialogue with representative fans.

Have a fans rep on the Board.

Don't let player contracts run out.

Aim to match season ticket sales of our local rivals rather than have an empty Ewood. 13000 cheaper season tickets would bring in more revenue 80000 dear ones and give us a match day atmosphere.

In general be proactive rather than reactive.

Could go on but I'll finish with---don't swallow the idea that things can't be better.

In agreement on all of this but ask JW what Madame Venky said about his season ticket policy before he left. They don't like to devalue their product with price reductions.

Sadly I don't think anything changes until Venky's leave and a new owner comes in who understands the fans, attends matches and wants to get involved and improves things.

Till then it will be a death by a 1000 cuts maintaining the status quo and season ticket price rises each season

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's just depth, hopefully. Buckley and Travis being the two starters.

Takes pressure off Wharton / Garrett (and I guess Edun?) to hit the ground running.

The club have constantly said they want to add experience and first team ready players.  So we sign another kid to play second fiddle, in the middle.

If it's a cheap loan squad filler then fair enough. If it's one of  the '4' players, then its piss poor.

• Like 1

I.m no defender of Waggot quite the opposite, but remember the "don't devalue the product" quote from Venky's.

Shortly after the takeover Madame Desai criticised John Williams for reducing ticket prices previously to generate the filling of Ewood.

Therein lies the problem,the" if we are putting in £20 million a year then they are not having cheap tickets as well"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Earlier this summer people were suggesting James Brown as a competent Championship RB who could fill in to replace Nyambe.

He's just joined League Two newboys Stockport on loan.

Best of luck to the lad but I think that brings things into perspective. What people think we might have available isn't all that.

Worryingly, he actually looks better at RB than JRC, which is who we are left with as cover.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phili said:

In agreement on all of this but ask JW what Madame Venky said about his season ticket policy before he left. They don't like to devalue their product with price reductions.

John Williams? I wasn't aware Mdm Venky had said this about Rovers ST's?

A parallel would be PNE again. Their new manager had a big say in the dropping of prices and it was only because Hemmings Snr passed away that PNE have been able to do it. Hemmings Snr was against dropping prices by all accounts. 

Hemmings Snr & Mdm Venky have been proved wrong. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

STs were still cheap enough for years under these owners, it’s only the past three years that they have increased by eye watering amounts…

Throughout Venky's tenure they have either been kept the same or been increased each season. Prices have never been reduced since Venky's have been here 

• Like 1

So small clubs find young talent, raise them, coach them, school them nurture them. Then when they are old enough if they are any good the big clubs hoover em up for pennies.  Who git oaid the pass that rule.  Crooked as hell. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The club have constantly said they want to add experience and first team ready players.  So we sign another kid to play second fiddle, in the middle.

If it's a cheap loan squad filler then fair enough. If it's one of  the '4' players, then its piss poor.

From the highlights I've seen he looks like he'll be Buckley's understudy - a deep lying passer from CM.

If he's one of the four then yes we're really struggling. I do think it's a canny signing though if he's any good - Travis and Buckley can't play every game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Yeah I’m fuming he’s not convinced fabinho to come instead of having to make do with Morton 

I'm not talking about top echelon players.  Morton looks by what what people have said a Clarkson clone. The type of player we could only attract under Mowbray.  Jdt is a well renowned forward.  I don't blame jdt. The Venkys should be backing him

41 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

STs were still cheap enough for years under these owners, it’s only the past three years that they have increased by eye watering amounts…

Since Mr squeeze what you have started working his magic.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I can't agree that they are happy to let players leave for free - it's because they don't want to keep putting these extraordinary amounts in that we are seeing these cutbacks. But what about replacing the outgoing players? We have just paid £1m for Nyambes direct replacement and I'd wager he will be on what Nyambe earned on his deal. And what are we going to offer Brereton, are we going to exceed this wage structure? along with Brereton both Travis and Dack are out of contract next year although the club appear to have one year options on them. Will we see another situation like this summer?

Did Travis not just sign a new deal

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'm not talking about top echelon players.  Morton looks by what what people have said a Clarkson clone. The type of player we could only attract under Mowbray.  Jdt is a well renowned forward.  I don't blame jdt. The Venkys should be backing him

I think it's two-fold:

1. I'm excited by the calibre of player we've been linked to: Styles, Bowler, Davies, Ahmedhodzic - they would all walk into our first team and improve it. 
  2. Generally I wasn't disappointed with the calibre of player Mowbray brought in (albeit Pickering, Hedges and Edun might be struggling to make the grade), it was more that he brought them in without a plan. We shifted from a possession based 4-2-3-1 to a direct counter-attack 3-4-3 (or 5-2-3 if you like) with a False 9 basically on a whim under Mowbray. Those obviously require completely different types of players. 

Take Clarkson and Giles last year - for both it felt like he just brought them in because he could get his hands on them. He ended up playing Clarkson all over the shop (including as a False 9) and Giles as an inverted Winger on the right hand side when he's CLEARLY a FB / LWB. 

I'm hopeful that JDT will operate to a structure and a plan, tactically to make the most use of our resources - which is what this Morton signing seems to be; a backup for Buckley. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Almost entirely  agree with that, are the owners not entitled to expect those they pay handsomely to do their jobs to do them properly though?

Either way, if we get things right from top to bottom, we will do well regardless of whether we have less revenue than certain Clubs. I still maintain that our overall revenue stacks up well against all but a few Clubs after the owners contribution is taken into account.

Such a lack of accountability. Shouldn't they have enough of an interest to replace people who aren't doing a job properly? That is the key, and Venkys are the underlying problem.

Does anyone know what the hold up could be as to why we 'supposedly' haven't put any bids in for either Bowler or Styles?

Surely the club realise that the longer it goes on the likes of the bigger spenders will come in. You just know Bowler will go elsewhere...

I'd love to know how the process works...

Edited by BankEnd Rover

To be fair, we don't have a clue if Styles and/or Bowler have ever seriously come into the thinking of those in charge of recruitment this summer.

Every transfer window a player or two is tediously linked and with the momentum of a bit of wishful thinking seems to take off to the point whereby it seems to become an expectation that they will sign.

Unsure what to make of the Morton deal, I am not against loan deals as strongly as many others and if he is better than what we have then by all means get him in, would Garrett and Adam Wharton be given starts in Champions League games at any stage at this moment in time, almost certainly not.

The key is whether he is alone as a reinforcement in midfield or if a permanent addition follows. I already felt that we was light in midfield last season prior to losing Rothwell as well as Johnson and Davenport. There is an expectation that Buckley will slot in seamlessly further back, even if he does, I would like at least 4 in there and I would like to see a bit of money spent in there too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blondie said:

I.m no defender of Waggot quite the opposite, but remember the "don't devalue the product" quote from Venky's.

Shortly after the takeover Madame Desai criticised John Williams for reducing ticket prices previously to generate the filling of Ewood.

Therein lies the problem,the" if we are putting in £20 million a year then they are not having cheap tickets as well"

Then they'll have to settle for 8000 season-ticket holders and watch the money roll in at Preston and Bolton.

We've always said they haven't a clue.