BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We definitely need another central midfielder, although I dont think we will get one. Travis, Buckley and Morton supplemented by kids is not enough over a 46 game Championship season. At the moment Travis and Buckley have the shirts but he would really push the latter in particular and also offer an option of more experience.

Ideally I'd like another CM, but funds are clearly tight and we're desperate for another attacking option, a LB and a CB - not to mention a backup RB. 

I assume Edun is pencilled in as cover at LB and CM.

I watched the Watford v WBA game yesterday and we can simply give up on any promotion dreams - their squads are far deeper than ours, we simply can't compete. 

14 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Not a lot going on transfer-wise is there? Really hoping we can bring in a CB this week.

I feel like JPVH is pretty much off the cards now, probably was never even on the cards in fact. Who would you all like to see us move for at CB?

Phillips

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Bit early to be throwing the towel in don't you think?

Just realistic. 

We'd need 3 First XI starting players to compete (replacing Ayala [inevitably], Pickering and Gallagher). It's a long season and we have a very small squad. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ideally I'd like another CM, but funds are clearly tight and we're desperate for another attacking option, a LB and a CB - not to mention a backup RB. 

I watched the Watford v WBA game yesterday and we can simply give up on any promotion dreams - their squads are far deeper than ours, we simply can't compete. 

If your going to give up with only two games played we might as well turn the lights of now, You could always take up playing tiddly winks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Just realistic. 

We'd need 3 First XI starting players to compete (replacing Ayala [inevitably], Pickering and Gallagher). It's a long season and we have a very small squad. 

I agree that we could do with 2 or 3 quality additions but to suggest we may as well give up because we can't compete seems beyond realistic and a little bit defeatist tbh. I hope none of the staff or players thinks that anyway.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I agree that we could do with 2 or 3 quality additions but to suggest we may as well give up because we can't compete seems beyond realistic and a little bit defeatist tbh. I hope none of the staff or players thinks that anyway.

I see a couple of you have taken this the wrong way.

I'm not giving up my season ticket and taking up gardening - I'm just realistic. It's a squad game and we don't have a deep enough one at the moment. 

I'm delighted with how things are going under our new dynamic duo - but it's clear for anyone with eyes that a promotion campaign is going to be extremely difficult at present. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I see a couple of you have taken this the wrong way.

I'm not giving up my season ticket and taking up gardening - I'm just realistic. It's a squad game and we don't have a deep enough one at the moment. 

I'm delighted with how things are going under our new dynamic duo - but it's clear for anyone with eyes that a promotion campaign is going to be extremely difficult at present. 

What's wrong with Gardening? 😊 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Defeatist, I'm glad our manager has not the same mindset as you.

44 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Just realistic. 

Yes, fans are being unrealistic to expect our small squad to play consistently well over 40 plus games. It's just not going to happen. Loss of form, injuries, etc will all take their toll, which is when the clubs with big squads will outperform. 

Our small squad also prevents the manager changing things around from a tactical point of view. 

We need more players

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes, fans are being unrealistic to expect our small squad to play consistently well over 40 plus games. It's just not going to happen. Loss of form, injuries, etc will all take their toll, which is when the clubs with big squads will outperform. 

Our small squad also prevents the manager changing things around from a tactical point of view. 

We need more players

Although if you look at the last time Burnley got promoted they used 17 players all season. Norwich used 19 players for their previous promotion.

It can be done and sometimes is beneficial to have a small squad.

We need another 3 players but then it's all down to their conditioning and training.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, phili said:

Although if you look at the last time Burnley got promoted they used 17 players all season. Norwich used 19 players for their previous promotion.

We need another 3 players but then it's all down to their conditioning and training.

Yeah, but then you need to be really lucky with injuries. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Just realistic. 

We have the same size squad as anyone else. I think you may find that the most important positions, are the management team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phili said:

Very true. And I still maintain the wheels fell off last season as soon as Mowbray started tinkering with a winning formula having given himself a few more options in the January window.

• Like 5

The manager himself said in that interview last week there will hopefully be more players coming in. Still over three weeks until the deadline unfortunately. If we keep winning then there's less pressure to get deals done.

Take the Morton transfer we were lucky we got it done. Because fast forward a week or so Thiago is out for six weeks. Meaning he probably wouldn't have come. 

9 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Take the Morton transfer we were lucky we got it done. Because fast forward a week or so Thiago is out for six weeks. Meaning he probably wouldn't have come. 

you do realise they could recall him if they needed to

41 minutes ago, phili said:

Norwich had the best squad and most expensive squad in the division, head and shoulders above the rest, awash with Premiership money, Fulham were the same. 

The only way to get out of this league is with a big budget and big wages, its proven year in year out.

As one or two have said above, we can't compete for a full season with the bigger squads and bigger budgets, as we found to our cost last season once injury and international call ups hit.

But we'll give it a good go.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tricky said:

you do realise they could recall him if they needed to

Not every loan does they're all different. That's how we got stuck with an injured poveda for most of last season because we couldn't cancel the loan. Either way even if they had a recall clause, they couldn't for the first 28 days.

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Norwich had the best squad and most expensive squad in the division, head and shoulders above the rest, awash with Premiership money, Fulham were the same. 

The only way to get out of this league is with a big budget and big wages, its proven year in year out.

As one or two have said above, we can't compete for a full season with the bigger squads and bigger budgets, as we found to our cost last season once injury and international call ups hit.

But we'll give it a good go.

Norwich generated the cash though. Just after Farke was appointed they were on the verge of administration and they have had to trade their way to this position through their Academy. They only had the cash to go straight back up as they didn't spend on their first season back and developed their youngsters unlike when they were promoted under Lambert.

Remember Deliah is not rolling in it, Stuart Webbe has been very smart as their DOF and built the club and their cash pile slowly.

Fulham I do agree with.

• Like 1