BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hardly.

As I’ve said previously, I’ve banged this drum many times, maybe he was about to reveal in the fullness of time? I can’t speak for that poster.

It's a bit Alan Nixon. Maybe he should set up a Patreon site. 

Anyway, I've only been on the site '5 mins' so what do I know. I'll bow down to the hierarchy 😬FFS!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Tell you what I did hear from an impeccable source regarding bonuses. In the promotion year all of the squad were offered a 25k watch if they got promoted, they were all understandably happy with that arrangement. The manager at the time (whose name escapes me) contacted the owners and told them not to and that they would be best placed to hold the cash and give it him to strengthen the team at the end of the season. So that was that, the watches were pulled.

If it's Rovers you're referring to the manager got them all contract extensions on thousands per week so i doubt they were bothered about watches.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I can only guess that this illogical rumour that Mowbray declined to spend significant funds put forward is a way of trying to gain some hope that big money must be spent this summer as a result.

It’s not illogical it’s absolutely spot on! Not only did he not spend cash he turned down the chance to loan 2 very good and upcoming PL strikers who were offered !

• Like 2

I’ve heard a rumour this afternoon of Van Hecke to Sunderland too, wouldn’t have posted but obviously Rev has heard it to and I doubt it’s from the same source.

As with any of these whispers I prefer to believe it when I see it, but the way it was phrased to me suggested he’d opted for Sunderland over us. If so that’s as bad as Nyambe going to Wigan and points to real issues in terms of the contracts we are offering.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve heard a rumour this afternoon of Van Hecke to Sunderland this afternoon too, wouldn’t have posted but obviously Rev has heard it to and I doubt it’s from the same source.

As with any of these whispers I prefer to believe it when I see it, but the way it was phrased to me suggested he’d opted for Sunderland over us. If so that’s as bad as Nyambe going to Wigan and points to real issues in terms of the contracts we are offering.

Be absolutely gutting to see JPVH go to another championship club. 

Only 1 year left on his deal, even if they inflate the fee a little, I can't see them asking for more than £4m - £5m.

It's a no brainer, fits the type of signing we are supposed to be looking for, young, decent, loads of scope to improve, high chance of selling him for a good fee down the line.

Absolutely should be pushing the boat out for him.

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve heard a rumour this afternoon of Van Hecke to Sunderland this afternoon too, wouldn’t have posted but obviously Rev has heard it to and I doubt it’s from the same source.

Thank you for your input, yes very concerning. That being said they possibly do have more money and less likely to be impacted with ffp so can offer more in wages perhaps.

I love van Hecke as much as the next fan, but if we’re playing 4 at the back over 5 then I’m not sure he’s suited. He was brilliant as a central defender in a 3, sweeper style, but there were times in a back 4 he seemed too rash at times, left us in trouble more often than should have been

• Like 1

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

I love van Hecke as much as the next fan, but if we’re playing 4 at the back over 5 then I’m not sure he’s suited. He was brilliant as a central defender in a 3, sweeper style, but there were times in a back 4 he seemed too rash at times, left us in trouble more often than should have been

Van Hecke is the best CB to have played for the club in the last 10 years IMO. Easily worth 8m - I reckon we could get him for 4-5 tho

1 minute ago, Theaxe15 said:

Still think JDT wants to play a 343 but doesn’t have the players for it 

Just now, TruRover said:

Van Hecke is the best CB to have played for the club in the last 10 years IMO. Easily worth 8m - I reckon we could get him for 4-5 tho

As I said, loved him. I just remember being at that Wigan cup game when we played 2 at the back, as we did against Fulham when he got the red and he looked suspect in both. If the plan is to play 3 cbs then I’ll go pick him up myself

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I would say that the best Center-back we have had in the last 10 years is Ayala. People judge Ayala on his injury record. But there is nothing to compare it to with Van Hecke, as he hasn't got a long enough record.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would say that the best Center-back we have had in the last 10 years is Ayala. People judge Ayala on his injury record. But there is nothing to compare it to with Van Hecke, as he hasn't got a long enough record.

Agreed on ayala ..when fit he's the best in this league 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I wonder if AP's emergence has had an impact on that.

Oh well, hopefully the Van Hecke comes back on a permanent deal. 

Or in order to convince AP to sign, we are going to ensure him first team time...which would be harder to do if we brought in another guaranteed 30 matches.  

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I maybe naive here but why would he reject a club he says he ‘loves’ & has a ‘special connection to the fans’ to no offence Sunderland….By all means they have a huge fan base but what else?

Because they've made him a proper competitive Championship standard offer and we haven't?

26 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve heard a rumour this afternoon of Van Hecke to Sunderland too, wouldn’t have posted but obviously Rev has heard it to and I doubt it’s from the same source.

Steady on  you'll get accused of being '"special" or an "attention seeker".

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Steady on  you'll get accused of being '"special" or an "attention seeker".

I did think twice about posting to be honest, I wanted to make it very clear it was just a whisper I’d heard. Rumours people want to hear tend to be a really well received on here compared to those people don’t want to be true!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s not illogical it’s absolutely spot on! Not only did he not spend cash he turned down the chance to loan 2 very good and upcoming PL strikers who were offered !

Fair enough. If you choose to believe and judge baseless rumours, adding on speculated rumoured bids for players we didn't sign etc, then you seemingly will be with the majority on here, but I will continue to judge the owners on what is spent, not on what apparently could have been but wasn't.

I believe the last bit about loans, no idea on whether they were "very good," I presume you know the names? Connolly and Forss were linked, neither of which could be described as such.