BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The clock is really ticking now after three seems of transfer inactivity. We have a 17 year old centre half who is playing his fourth game in ten days today which underlines our predicament. There was an expectation that last week would have seen some incoming activity but nothing.

It's becoming a real worry and by the end of August could overshadow our great start.

I feel very foolish. I assumed with the new set-up things would be different this time. But they're not, its the same every year, we'll be scrambling in the final days or even hours of the window.

Nothing's changed except the calibre of the coach who sadly has to work with what he has got.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In the bank, well out of Mowbray’s clutches. He’d wasted enough as it was.

Tripe, Tyrone.

Armstrong, Kaminski, Dack, Brereton = £40m+ right there, but the king is dead, long live the king.

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Tripe, Tyrone.

Armstrong, Kaminski, Dack, Brereton = £40m+ right there, but the king is dead, long live the king.

An 11 million outlay there with 15 million recouped so far less 40% of c12 mill and 1 top 8 finish in 5 years.

Lets drop the 'king' bit.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

I feel very foolish. I assumed with the new set-up things would be different this time. But they're not, its the same every year, we'll be scrambling in the final days or even hours of the window.

Nothing's changed except the calibre of the coach who sadly has to work with what he has got.

Nothing will change until the owners change. It’s as simple as that.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, rebelmswar said:

There has to be something we should put in their contact when the enter the academy, like threy have to stay at the club until 21.

It would be a good thing but there's probably legal reasons why it can't be done

53 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Saw a tweet from someone saying Brereton won't be selected due to a bid from a Prem side.

Doubt it's true but worth posting.

You're brave posting that. The last person to post speculative info got pounced on

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

'Developing kids' IS our ticket out of this league. Our Academy is our big advantage on most other Championship clubs.

It won't work - the best ones will get pinched by the "big" clubs in their teens and long before they mature as players to make a difference to the Rovers first team

It's been going on for years - right back to Franz Carr. Jones is another example and Phillips likely to follow

Players like Lenihan and Nyambe will stay for a few years but you need a constant production line of these players to make a difference. Do we have the resources to do that and is it sustainable considering that personnel are changing all the time making long-term planning very difficult? 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

For all the talk of defensive reinforcements I hope Gregg Broughton and team don’t overlook some attacking talent we’re still short of imo. We need another wide man at least. And possibly a CF (sorry Jim) on loan. There’s a real lack of goals in our team.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Saw a tweet from someone saying Brereton won't be selected due to a bid from a Prem side.

Plausible. It's getting to the time on the window when if BBD goes we will be struggling to find any sort of proven replacement.

Underwhelmed would be the polite version of my opinion on the window so far.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

For all the talk of defensive reinforcements I hope Gregg Broughton and team don’t overlook some attacking talent we’re still short of imo. We need another wide man at least. And possibly a CF (sorry Jim) on loan. There’s a real lack of goals in our team.

Begining to wonder what does Broughton  bring to the table ?

• Like 2

I get the concern & apprehension as we get closer to deadline day and our squad is struggling for depth, but I think there's been as big an overreaction to the defeat on Weds as there was to the 3 wins before then. 

Every team at our level will do plenty of business in the last week of the window. It happens every year, and I'm quite sure we'll be well amongst the throng. I'm also quite sure GB and his team are well along the way to having targets in their sights, as they were with recent signings without any knowledge externally. People calling GB a dud are way off the mark in my view, or at the very least massively premature; it was widely stated when he joined that this was something that would need 2-3 windows to implement the medium term strategy, anything else would be a bonus. Many are expecting instant returns, which would be great but less likely. 

Take a step back; we've had a great start. Clearly today's tough & after the Reading game confidence might be hit, but even if we lose today we'll still be in a far better position than we had a right to expect at the end of July. Nothing will be decided at the end of this window or the next, patience & trust in the new management team, as individuals & as a structure, is required.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Jdt

He'd have come whatever the set up...in fact, sounds to me as if Greggy is in JDT way...Can JDT not get on the blower to Carlo and get a few young Madrid lads on loan?  I sense JDT getting frustrated with old Greggy lad......Bring back Jockey...🤘

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We'll find out soon enough. 

Hopefully, it's not the case but we've been expecting him to be off this summer.

Could see Everton making a move if Nice did stick a bid in earlier.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I get the concern & apprehension as we get closer to deadline day and our squad is struggling for depth, but I think there's been as big an overreaction to the defeat on Weds as there was to the 3 wins before then. 

Every team at our level will do plenty of business in the last week of the window. It happens every year, and I'm quite sure we'll be well amongst the throng. I'm also quite sure GB and his team are well along the way to having targets in their sights, as they were with recent signings without any knowledge externally. People calling GB a dud are way off the mark in my view, or at the very least massively premature; it was widely stated when he joined that this was something that would need 2-3 windows to implement the medium term strategy, anything else would be a bonus. Many are expecting instant returns, which would be great but less likely. 

Take a step back; we've had a great start. Clearly today's tough & after the Reading game confidence might be hit, but even if we lose today we'll still be in a far better position than we had a right to expect at the end of July. Nothing will be decided at the end of this window or the next, patience & trust in the new management team, as individuals & as a structure, is required.

If we don't recruit by the end of the window only get in the lad from Liverpool then imo it's been a terrible window. The amount of key players we have lost and mot replaced. It will be a huge struggle this season as we have already seen so early on with injuries. Of course I will judge come the end of this window but based on ffp and everything else I fear this window will repeat itself in the next windows to come.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nobody would sign then.

I'm sure some would. At the very least a few million or so minimum payment from interested parties clause.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

It would be a good thing but there's probably legal reasons why it can't be done

If the governance is so capitalist that they allow mega corps to eat up all prospects then surely they would allow some room for protecting investments.