BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

LaLiga side hatch Ben Brereton-Diaz plan that Blackburn will be furious with (teamtalk.com)

This would explain what has been going on the last few days. Rovers want to sell now, Sevilla want to sign him on pre-contract in January. 

This is Venky's they don't care. If a club meets their £20m valuation he is sold otherwise they are ok with him leaving for free next summer.

Any other club the writer of the article would be correct but here normal practices don't exist. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

100%. Imagine we'd go to three at the back should we get him. Massive should there.

Really need a couple of bodies in before the weekend.

I can't see us landing JPVH if i'm being truthful with myself. 

I'd love us to sign him but I just don't think it will happen.

We definitely need 2 in by the end of the week as a minimum. 

1 minute ago, phili said:

This is Venky's they don't care. If a club meets their £20m valuation he is sold otherwise they are ok with him leaving for free next summer.

Any other club the writer of the article would be correct but here normal practices don't exist. 

Which raises a problem. JDT might care cos he will want the money from BBD to spend elsewhere.

BBD will just refuse to go anyway,  if indeed he has already agreed to join Sevilla on pre-contract in January. BBD holds all the cards here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I can't see us landing JPVH if i'm being truthful with myself. 

I'd love us to sign him but I just don't think it will happen.

We definitely need 2 in by the end of the week as a minimum. 

I actually don't want Van Hecke if he eats up the majority of our budget.

He's a good player, but we have 4 guys capable of playing CB at this level (admittedly 2 are injured and 1 is on the verge of being injured), but I'd rather invest the money in a LB and a forward and loan in that Liverpool CB. 

• Like 2

Couple of days ago “We have no money, we’re skint and Venky’s have pulled the plug!”

Today “Why are we wasting so much money on JPvH?”

Lets just see how the rest of the window pans out before we start jumping up and down.

And Gallagher was an initial £2m, just as BBD was £3m-£4m.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Van den berg is better than van Hecke, but van Hecke we could have as our own for the next 4 years... get it done Venky's!

We want 2 so hope Van Den Berg still a possibility on loan as ideal to cover RB/RWB if Brittain is out.

Go three at the back and bring in Styles to play LWB and cover for midfield and Archer on loan from Villa. 

And then I woke up 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Going back a few years now, I remember how excited people where when Sam Gallagher came back. He's had decentt spells but on the most part been massively disappointing. If this even comes to fruition I hope we don't have our pants pulled down. That said we're desperate for defenders and it isn't my money.

I'll be honest with you, I don't remember anyone being excited on his return

• Like 1

Yeah don't see how that affects us. Either they want van hecke or they don't. If they don't fancy either then both go. Theyve got more than enough to bring in another quality centre back if needed.

I'd argue they're one of the best ran clubs in England at the minute. Very jealous and I expect them to surprise everyone this season especially the good start they've had. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We want 2 so hope Van Den Berg still a possibility on loan as ideal to cover RB/RWB if Brittain is out.

Go three at the back and bring in Styles to play LWB and cover for midfield and Archer on loan from Villa. 

And then I woke up 

Why is everyone obsessed with going to a back 3 when we look so much better with a back 4?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd rather make the right signings than just signings for the sake of it. 

We all would and quick!

I'm not judging JDT at all by the way. He has to do his best with a squad that was manifestly inadequate.

As for Broughton I don't see  how "there's a lot of promise so far". I'd have thought there wasn't!

But, like you, I'll wait ---because I have no choice!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why is everyone obsessed with going to a back 3 when we look so much better with a back 4?

Don't know that anyone is obsessed about it! I have good memories of it last season when we were on our good run, that's all really. If we can win without it---good. But we've conceded 6 in 2 games!