BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't just 1 video of his time at Portsmouth, but I watched few video clips of him during the last few years, but don't forget I am not a professional scout that has access to different number of clips, scouting tools or even go and watch the player live by being at the stadium scouting them  

Dykes would be decent signing and would give us a focal point. 22 goals for QPR in 86 games. So basically 1 in 4 striker. 

He's another Gallagher in terms of goalscoring.

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah... since he left us NINE YEARS (!!) ago he hasn't scored more than 7 goals a season..... I don't think he is someone who realistically should be coming back.

Left 6 seasons ago, has barely played in fairness, however has managed 30 odd goals from little minutes, which is not too far off what Sam Gallagher who is 27 in a few weeks has scored his entire career.

• Like 2

In regards to Hirst. I live in Portsmouth and the verdict of a couple of mates is that he started slowly but then became indispensable in the second half of the season and has all the raw attributes needed.

In my opinion he's no replacement for Brereton but he's exactly the type of player we should be looking to 'gamble' if its the right deal for us. I.e. a loan to buy at a realistic price or a low fee with a sell on clause. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

In 3 and half seasons, last number half a season he scored.

If thats a busted flush i give up, only Shearer in the last 30 odd years returned those type of figures consistently 

It's no wonder this spot gets called the negative blackburn rovers forum is it? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't just 1 video of his time at Portsmouth, but I watched few video clips of him during the last few years, but don't forget I am not a professional scout that has access to different number of clips, scouting tools or even go and watch the player live by being at the stadium scouting them  

Dykes would be decent signing and would give us a focal point. 22 goals for QPR in 86 games. So basically 1 in 4 striker. 

Not withstanding the fact that Dykes is shit. Would a focal point fit the "way JDT wants to play" considering how many other players you have shot down for that reason?

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We like many clubs in this league have relied more than we would like on the loan market due to financial issues.

Obviously ideally we will sign more permanent signings, but my point was that if the budget has run out and with the squad so thin, I would rather add a couple of loanees than go in so short.

1 more is my interpretation only, based on the fact that Tomasson said up to 3, to which the LT said would be 2 centre backs and an attacker on loan, and Hyam has since joined but the Van Den Berg deal collapsed.

Also, hadn't Rhodes scored 40 goals the season before joining?

Mowbray relied on loans more than I think he should have done looking back. That was his choice to go for loans rather than Permanent signings. loans still cost money in terms of wages and did Mowbray ever spend his full budget cos a couple of people on here said he didn't. 

I don't mind a couple of quality loan players but I do think we should be making more permanent signings more than loans. If you want 6 signings, then I think 4 of them should be at least permanent signings. 

JDT didn't want to get drawn on more signings. I don't know how many we will sign before the deadline but we find by the deadline. 

40 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He'd do the Szmodics role better than Szmodics 

The pressing number 10 role? Rhodes doesn't have the work rate and energy to do it. He is finisher and that is it

24 minutes ago, jny said:

Broughton and team seem to have kept a low profile so far with the signings who've come in until right before announcing, so it's not necessarily all doom and gloom

Broughton has kept a low profile which is right for Director of football to be so

17 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

would've had about 5k people watching at most

True, but that would be to do with our piss poor attempts at marketing as anything else. The tiniest bit of imagination and we could’ve capitalised on it.

Rovers should have been working with the council, push the town as “the home of the English game”. Get Netflix down for a follow up. They love real story behind the story content, and as previously mentioned Rovers were approached to do something on the Brereton tale. Why not use some of our cavernous empty spaces at Ewood for some displays and exhibitions, the club has (or at least used to have) good links with the national football museum. Just do something really bloody basic like make an 1880s replica shirt to sell.

3 hours ago, rebelmswar said:

Tax write offs for the company. Just the purchase of the club alone would have given them millions in write offs for years. Then every year they can write off any loss and debt accrued against profit from the chicken business giving them a net gain.

Tax losses are not transferable between different jurisdictions ie UK and India in this case. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The same Burns who's nowhere near the first team squad?

But in my opinion, Burns should be near the first team squad. His way of playing is perfect for a high press system. I can't see why he is so out of favour.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would a focal point fit the "way JDT wants to play" considering how many other players you have shot down for that reason?

What I meant was a number 9 striker who score goals and plays with the width of Penalty area

5 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

I can also confirm that I have heard suggestions that Ross Barkley is due at the STC tomorrow for discussions and further, a medical.

really? 

If we land Ross Barkley in this transfer window, I’ll personally hunt down anyone who says ill about GB going forward. An enormous coup.

Having said that, I reckon it’s about as likely as us signing Ronaldinho was at the beginning of the Venky’s era.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, J*B said:

59 hours to go and its total silence...

I think we'll get to 1,000 pages - a collective diatribe against Venky's. Waggott and perhaps Broughton.  The frustration is building!

19 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Left 6 seasons ago, has barely played in fairness, however has managed 30 odd goals from little minutes, which is not too far off what Sam Gallagher who is 27 in a few weeks has scored his entire career.

There’s a reason why he hasn’t played recently. I was never his biggest fan anyway.. He reminded me of kids I played with at school. Just hanging around up front waiting for a pass. Out of possession it was like playing with ten.

• Like 1