BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Jamal Lewis possible loan interest, trying to get better source, dont know a lot about him.

Tidy, has pace, I've found him a little negative at premier league level, tends to turn back...however at this level he can be an attacking wing back all day long and be very effective.  I'm convinced JDT is into the 352 as I suggested a few weeks back.

Just now, TruRover said:

On styles.

Interestingly a CM that Barnsley were set to loan from Barnsley has been shifted to a perm deal. Could this be an indication of some money coming in from a potential Styles deal? 

Loan to a permanent without seeing him play a game for them?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

We have lost another season playing a player contributing nothing which could have gone to someone who is maybe proven at this level or higher. Think pukki who was brought In then helped Norwich to promotion 

A signing like that would go completely against our model. As they said earlier this summer we want to get young exciting players in who can be developed and sold on for profit. Every championship club bar the parachute payment's clubs will be the same. Unless they go hell for leather and throw everything at trying to get promoted. The problem is money made being reinvested. We shall see when/if Diaz goes how much the management is given to strengthen if any at all. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He is class.

Upgrade on our Left Backs so assume Edun or Pickering leaving?

This rumour seems like it might be dead already, but I don't expect a loanee would result in the sale of anyone else. When it comes to senior players like these, probably not a loan either.

2 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

In mercers defence, he was drinking tescos finest wine haha

Contino Rioja Reserva is a terrific wine widely retailed at circa £20+ - if you are looking for a treat.............

@Islander200 thinks I've been 'outed' with the Barkley at Stanley House post.  Actually, pretty pleased by it all as it means a certain person is no longer on my Christmas present list - that'll teach 'em - and I can spend the saving on even more wine!!!

If the news about Brittain and Gallagher is correct then anything less than 5 signings (6 if BBD goes) is going to leave us stretched way beyond the comfort zone as it's inevitable more injuries will happen.

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

On styles.

Interestingly a CM that Barnsley were set to loan from Barnsley has been shifted to a perm deal. Could this be an indication of some money coming in from a potential Styles deal? 

They're signing a player from themselves?

• Like 3

Disregarding the nuances of the apparent ‘future option to buy’, I can’t say I know enough about Hirst to have a valid opinion.

So my suggestion is let’s trust the people who get paid to know these things.

Out of everything else, I’m hoping that Styles is a genuine go-er.

He’s actually had a poor start to the season for them so far, but he’s undoubtedly make us stronger.

• Like 4