BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Poor lad will be getting back in his car and going back Leicester, never seen so much grief over a possible signing.

This lad in link made £14 mill move this summer without ever playing a first team game, scored last night too.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/southampton-man-city-lavia-transfer-27392976

Rovers fans have always been better Managers than the actual managers 😛 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes - but we won't be getting a bargain.

This makes no sense and feels like Groundhog Day but I can’t help jumping in.

If we think the fee is worth it, only then do we pay.

Hypothetically, would you sign a player for 5m that had banged in 20+ championship goals and fits our system perfectly?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know that's the rumoured price.

I'd be walking away like a shot. Ludicrous for someone who has already failed at this level, and the whole exercise is highly likely to be a colossal waste ot time if not money.

You do like to reach your assumptions quickly. Must be nice to always be so convinced of the efficacy of your beliefs.

It won't be ludricous if he has a storming season - at that point £5m might seem like a bargain, no? Ultimately it's too early to say isn't it?

I'd hazard a guess you also thought the people who lumped money on Brerton to score 20 goals last season was also ludricous given his record up to that point..........

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Hypothetically, would you sign a player for 5m that had banged in 20+ championship goals and fits our system perfectly?

Of course. But he hasn't. More to the point, he hasn't even scored a goal at Championship level so on the face of it, the chances of that happening are exceedingly slim.

Wouldn't it be far easier to just spend £5m on someone with a track record at this level?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Of course. But he hasn't. More to the point, he hasn't even scored a goal at Championship level so on the face of it, the chances of that happening are exceedingly slim.

Wouldn't it be far easier to just spend £5m on someone with a track record at this level.

We are not spending 5m on him jesus If we spend 5m on him it's because he's deemed worth it there fore he will have a track record at this level

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be far easier to just spend £5m on someone with a track record at this level.

Who is there in the £5m range?

As soon as someone hits 15 goals in a season in the Championship they are in the £15m range. 

It seems to me a good approach, with us being able to spend the cash in other areas this season.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Essentially you're endorsing a deal for £5m for someone who has failed already at Championship level.

The point I'm trying to make is, it's not a smart deal. Either he bombs and goes back or we pay top dollar for him.

I get that it's a bit of an unknown whether he'll step up but failed?

He had four starts for Rotherham, the rest of his appearances were as a sub.

And he was a kid playing in a poor team.

Edited by booth
  • Like 3

Wouldn't it be far easier to just spend £5m on someone with a track record at this level?

30 games for Rotherham in the Championship 2020-21----no goals  and no assists.

Ok I take the point, we have him, if he's no good we send him back.

But surely we can do better than this? And how does £5M remotely come into it?

Last from me on this, wish him well, its not his fault

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Of course. But he hasn't. More to the point, he hasn't even scored at level so on of it, the chances of that happening are exceedingly slim.

That would probably be beyond our budget this season and even more of a gamble.

Let's see how he does. If he plays like a 5m+ player, we'll sign him, if not, we won't.

He hardly started a game for Rotherham and even Ronaldo would struggle to do well in some of the teams they've brought up.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I wonder how many hours away we are from the BBD price tag dropping by a few million. We can't let him leave for free. 

Venky's haven't dropped an asking price yet, and it's up to them if they want to let him leave for free.

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

30 games for Rotherham in the Championship 2020-21----no goals  and no assists.

Ok I take the point, we have him, if he's no good we send him back.

But surely we can do better than this? And how does £5M remotely come into it?

Last from me on this, wish him well, its not his fault

30 appearances, 4 starts.

Edited by booth

2 minutes ago, booth said:

30 appearances, 4 starts.

Ok, no goals in 4 starts, and brought on on 26 other occasions to try and influence the game and failed.

Why are people trying to defend the indefensible? Everyone seemed to be dead against the signing a few days ago, now because an option to purchase at a completely  unrealistic price appears to be a possibility, most people's views seem to have changed.

Is it sheer desperation due to no other further incomings so close to the end of the window? 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They cost more than £5m. Hence why we didn't sell Brereton to Nice.

If he does gain a track record while he's here, we get a "bargain". If he doesn't, we don't buy him.

I respectfully suggest you stop.

• Like 3