BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Van Hecke wasn't our player.

Hyam looks to be every bit as good if not better than Lenihen.

Brittain is better than Nyambe in my opinion and I was a fan of Nyambe.

Rothwell il give you but apart from last season he hardly assisted and never scored.Overrated 

Rubbish.

Van Hecke played for us last season, we'll be very lucky to upgrade on that lad.

Hyam you've never seen play.

Brittain you can't judge, awful against Sheff Utd and Rothwell we've definetly not upgraded upon.

Stop making stuff up.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

We would be stupid to turn down anything between 10 and 15mill. Walks for nothing next season, so why are we playing hardball? 

The owners, stubbornly, have a valuation in mind, which if nobody meets means he is staying.

If we were going for promotion I could understand it, but we aren't. JDT and Co have said it themselves about needing a few windows.

The only reason to keep BBD this season, IMO, is to save us from relegation. We are in danger of it with the squad looking piss poor.

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

None of that is true.

In your opinion mate.

And one thing can be proven as fact before last season Rothwell rarely assisted and hardly ever scored.Check his stats.

Brittain season before last was in a team that finished in the playoffs and is starting for us when fit.Nyambe is currently on the bench for Wigan.

The Coventry fans absolutely gutted at losing Hyam and statistically one of the better centre halves in the league.Whilst Boro fans are going crazy over the signing of that "donkey " Lenihen.Again you can check it all out yourself.

I think Nyambe and Lenihen are both decent and would have preferred them to stay at the club but Brittain is a better player than Ryan Nyambe and Lenihen is a decent enough championship centre half but certainly not top quality or irreplaceable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

“He has been our first choice recruitment target as a striker all summer and, considering Jon Dahl’s knowledge of the position, this shows just how highly we regard him"

Blackburn Rovers sign Leicester City striker George Hirst | Lancashire Telegraph

Wonder what the ‘loan to buy’ option means? 😐😵

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

“He has been our first choice recruitment target as a striker all summer and, considering Jon Dahl’s knowledge of the position, this shows just how highly we regard him"

Blackburn Rovers sign Leicester City striker George Hirst | Lancashire Telegraph

Interesting to note from their posts that some on here know more than JDT about playing in that position.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Rovers are delighted to announce the arrival of Leicester City striker George Hirst, who joins on a season-long loan deal, which includes an option to buy.

George joins! | rovers.co.uk

Did we establish what an option to buy was? 

If you're being serious, then I'd assume it means we've agreed a fee with Leicester which would make the deal permanent next summer, however there's no obligation from us to do so. 

We would have first refusal to sign him permanently should we want to. 

Just now, Traviscon said:

If you're being serious, then I'd assume it means we've agreed a fee with Leicester which would make the deal permanent next summer, however there's no obligation from us to do so. 

We would have first refusal to sign him permanently should we want to. 

And based off this, i think we should make it permanent already... 

Screenshot_20220831-182211_Twitter.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ok, no goals in 4 starts, and brought on on 26 other occasions to try and influence the game and failed.

Why are people trying to defend the indefensible? Everyone seemed to be dead against the signing a few days ago, now because an option to purchase at a completely  unrealistic price appears to be a possibility, most people's views seem to have changed.

Is it sheer desperation due to no other further incomings so close to the end of the window? 

He was a kid playing at a relegation fodder team where he'll have had to make his own chances so you're being a bit unfair. He'll have been 20 when he signed for Rotherham.

I'm not defending it, we really need to sign a permanent CF as well and offload Butterworth. As a loan I'm not against it.

• Like 1