BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

37 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ok, so firstly….the professionals can’t make anyone do anything. It usually comes down to money and Lenihan, Rothwell, Nyambe and Brereton have all been offered new deals. Them refusing to sign is nothing to do with the opinions of the professionals. Plus none of them (bar BBD) had a single club willing to pay anything for them and had to wait until they no longer commanded a fee. Nyambe completely bombed.

Buckley was regarded by many to have been our best player along with BBD up until Jan. No one covered themselves in glory after that point.

Of course football is all about opinions but honestly, if you don’t rate Buckley as a footballer I’m shocked. He’s got unbelievable ability.

Him, Phillips and Wharton are the only players in our squad that I believe have the x-factor and the potential for long, PL careers. Including BBD and Dack.

All wildly inaccurate. @roversfan99 gave details on why so I won't repeat it and as for the PL career? Mark my words and let every pile on, not a chance, doesn't have it, looks elegant and graceful at times but it's a football pitch for men, not a catwalk for boys lookin to hide.

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rothwell could have commanded a fee in January but we let him run his contract down again. The LT reported that Stoke had come in for Nyambe last summer. Brereton is another and much more significant case. This notion that "we can't make anyone do anything" is true to an extent but also flawed because we as a club can act more rationally in line with the supposed business model that we are striving for yet acting totally in the opposite way.

Lenihan was also pursued and bids turned down apparently so his whole argument is completely flawed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Did you see the goal Kaminski conceded against Stoke? Or his distribution?

Rothwell disappeared after January and the Boro fans have turned on Lenihan already. 

Try again. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Try again...you realise there was 5 months prior to January yeah? You want to dismiss that but praise a ghost like Buckley for passing a ball or doing something useful once in a blue moon. 

Lenihan played very well for us and was in the team of the season and had a rough start at Boro yeah, now we are comparing him to Buckley🤣

Just listened to JDT interview on BBC sounds.

Clearly disappointed we didn’t bring more players in, avoided the direct answer well. Talked about projects and new chapters which will please a few on here I’m sure. Also made the point we’re not favourites for a reason, we can’t compete with the bigger squads.

Has he been reading this site?

Edited by Gav

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think we could have got more than that had we offered him out, as much of a loss as he would be.

We didn't get more in offers tho by these clubs plus by late bidding means it wasn't going to happen. These clubs have needed striker for weeks so its they own fault. 

Out of interest, say he wasn't currently with us, would you consider a loan deal with a loan fee of £10m for Brereton to be good business?

No thanks cos I think he is worth more considering these 4 factors. These factors being, he is key player for this team, bringing in a suitable replacement, he has just scored 22 goals last season and he is Chilean international where he has scored important goals at that level. 

Is there any area of the window that you are unhappy with? Any signings that you are not overly fond of? Do you still wish Brown had been kept? Any areas you think we are lacking in? 

No not really, Like I said yesterday its been a good transfer window where we make 6 signings including 3 permanent, 2 loans with option to buy and 1 loan. Hyam and Brittain are solid signings, and I am very pleased with them being here. Morton you can see his qualities already and looks good and confident on the ball. Hirst looks good from what I have seen on clips, but I am looking forward to seeing him tomorrow and what he can bring this team. I don't know much on Mola but from what he and JDT has said he can play 3 or 4 positions so adds adaptability to the team. Szmodics played very well in his first 2 games but not since so It will be interesting to see where he fits into the team and how JDT plays it in the coming months. 

Yes I would have kept Brown and loan JRC out but Rovers did it the other way. 

No I don't think we are lacking in any areas cos our young players like Phillips, Adam Wharton, Garrett and Vale have showed they can play in this squad already. 

3 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Wonder if it was Dembele? 

I wonder if it foreign player? 

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rothwell could have commanded a fee in January but we let him run his contract down again. The LT reported that Stoke had come in for Nyambe last summer. Brereton is another and much more significant case. This notion that "we can't make anyone do anything" is true to an extent but also flawed because we as a club can act more rationally in line with the supposed business model that we are striving for yet acting totally in the opposite way.

What was the Stoke offer for Nambe? 

I would have sold Rothwell in January if we bring in a replacement, but I can understand why they didn't.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We didn't get more in offers tho by these clubs plus by late bidding means it wasn't going to happen. These clubs have needed striker for weeks so its they own fault. 

No thanks cos I think he is worth more considering these 4 factors. These factors being, he is key player for this team, bringing in a suitable replacement, he has just scored 22 goals last season and he is Chilean international where he has scored important goals at that level. 

No not really, Like I said yesterday its been a good transfer window where we make 6 signings including 3 permanent, 2 loans with option to buy and 1 loan. Hyam and Brittain are solid signings, and I am very pleased with them being here. Morton you can see his qualities already and looks good and confident on the ball. Hirst looks good from what I have seen on clips, but I am looking forward to seeing him tomorrow and what he can bring this team. I don't know much on Mola but from what he and JDT has said he can play 3 or 4 positions so adds adaptability to the team. Szmodics played very well in his first 2 games but not since so It will be interesting to see where he fits into the team and how JDT plays it in the coming months. 

Yes I would have kept Brown and loan JRC out but Rovers did it the other way. 

No I don't think we are lacking in any areas cos our young players like Phillips, Adam Wharton, Garrett and Vale have showed they can play in this squad already. 

I wonder if it foreign player? 

What was the Stoke offer for Nambe? 

I would have sold Rothwell in January if we bring in a replacement, but I can understand why they didn't.

A valuation is not just based on a players quality, its based on his contractual situation.

I just don't get why you suspend all critical faculty. A perfect transfer window for anyone is nigh on impossible, it is ok to say I would like x or y without it affecting your support of the club.

Of course we are speaking before these players have really started their Rovers careers, none of us have seen any of these players every week, our judgements may be wrong and that is fine. But you don't have to only see the positives in the work we have done.

I think we could do with a few more in an ideal world. I would prefer experienced and competent back up to Kaminski. I would prefer to have another actual right back rather than the imbalance caused at the moment when Brittain is out, I would prefer natural competition for Pickering at left back and I would like a more experienced option in central midfield, as well as some genuine pace out wide. 

Mola may fill either the left back or midfield vacancy mentioned, he seems like a squad filler with his versatility to pad it out. Szmodics is a big question mark, questionable track record especially at this record, no specific attribute has stood out so far and its a big old fee. Hirst I am unsure on too, would prefer a better track record but seems to have good attributes and I am glad we have another striker, Morton looks a tidy player to have about and Hyam and Brittain are the stand out 2 positives for me. Can't get on board with Brereton leaving on a free but short term its good news even if longer term it really isn't at all.

40 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Lenihan was also pursued and bids turned down apparently so his whole argument is completely flawed.

There is literally nothing that the club could do differently to avoid these players leaving for free. Apparently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Lenihan: 5m

Nyambe: 2.5m

Rothwell: 5-8m

Brereton: 15-20m

Total:  27.5-35.5m in assets walking for nothing.

Compound that with flogging  Arma and Raya it's absolutely horrific. 

So you’re moaning that they haven’t got fees for players and then moaning that they did get a few for a player (Arma) in the same sentence… and those prices are questionable at best! We ain’t selling Nyambe for 2.5m when he only managed to get a 1 year deal at Wigan when he was free!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

We got a good fee for Armstrong.  Hes probably only worth 10 million now

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A valuation is not just based on a players quality, its based on his contractual situation.

I have based on 4 factors and these clubs who wanted know what the price was so I bid properly or feck off. 

I just don't get why you suspend all critical faculty. A perfect transfer window for anyone is nigh on impossible, it is ok to say I would like x or y without it affecting your support of the club.

I never said it been a prefect transfer window have I, but said its been good transfer window as I said yesterday with sensible and logic signings who wanted and not going for players we didn't want. Why do you struggle to accept my point of view? 

Of course we are speaking before these players have really started their Rovers careers, none of us have seen any of these players every week, our judgements may be wrong and that is fine. But you don't have to only see the positives in the work we have done.

I seen enough of Brittain and hyam to know they were good solid signings. I didn't know much about Szmodics, Morton and Hirst. Never heard about Mola before. 

I always look at the positive side and always look at every situation as half full glass attitude instead of half empty. 

I see Rovers and DoF/head coach working to plan and bringing in players that fit this plan 

I think we could do with a few more in an ideal world. I would prefer experienced and competent back up to Kaminski. I would prefer to have another actual right back rather than the imbalance caused at the moment when Brittain is out, I would prefer natural competition for Pickering at left back and I would like a more experienced option in central midfield, as well as some genuine pace out wide. 

I don't get this need for another keeper when we already got 2 good keepers to back up Kaminski. We could have just kept Brown to be back up Brittain instead of another signing. Edun is already the competition for Pickering at left back. 

Mola may fill either the left back or midfield vacancy mentioned, he seems like a squad filler with his versatility to pad it out. Szmodics is a big question mark, questionable track record especially at this record, no specific attribute has stood out so far and its a big old fee. Hirst I am unsure on too, would prefer a better track record but seems to have good attributes and I am glad we have another striker, Morton looks a tidy player to have about and Hyam and Brittain are the stand out 2 positives for me. Can't get on board with Brereton leaving on a free but short term its good news even if longer term it really isn't at all.

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

That was over 2 years ago and she’d Utd were the potential suitors but they didn’t follow up their initial offer not one other club have been looking at him until,Boro snapped him up 

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

That was over 2 years ago and she’d Utd were the potential suitors but they didn’t follow up their initial offer not one other club have been looking at him until,Boro snapped him up 

Ah ok doesn't count then...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Combined cost 6.4 million 

(6 of which was brereton) 

Arma profit 11ish

Raya profit 3mill plus add ons (think we got another 500k ish for his Spanish cap)

all of the above on 8k a week or less

Buckley is a very good player technically one of our best .

Passing . Carrying the ball winning it back etc.

He's had some stinkers this season but I'd still have him over rothwell any day of the week .

Rothwell had almost 3.5 seasons of being awful .

Hes 22 and will improve with games and playing in a set position. Mowbray tried to destroy him last year by constantly playing him in the false 9 when it stopped working  

I also think the constant comparison with whiteman is daft (top player and would love him here ) they are totally different. 

Now those 2 together in midfield would be quality together just wish we had signed him when we had the chance .

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have based on 4 factors and these clubs who wanted know what the price was so I bid properly or feck off. 

I never said it been a prefect transfer window have I, but said its been good transfer window as I said yesterday with sensible and logic signings who wanted and not going for players we didn't want. Why do you struggle to accept my point of view? 

I seen enough of Brittain and hyam to know they were good solid signings. I didn't know much about Szmodics, Morton and Hirst. Never heard about Mola before. 

I always look at the positive side and always look at every situation as half full glass attitude instead of half empty. 

I see Rovers and DoF/head coach working to plan and bringing in players that fit this plan 

I don't get this need for another keeper when we already got 2 good keepers to back up Kaminski. We could have just kept Brown to be back up Brittain instead of another signing. Edun is already the competition for Pickering at left back. 

I dont get the obsession of half full and half empty, why do people need to be either, surely there is a middle ground?

And Aynslea Pears is a "good keeper?!"

• Like 3