BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

33 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

June 2023, both parties have a 1 year option .... no idea what that means

His contract is until 2023 with a 1 year option

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/december/dacks-back--and-hes-here-to-stay/

It means that if Rovers want to keep Dack after the end of this season (and he doesn't agree a new deal), then they can trigger a 1 year extension.  Exactly the same as what they did with Brereton-Diaz this season and Rothewll & Nyambe the season before

I would hope that the preference would be that if he gets fully fit and back up to speed (as he is looking like he is doing), then a new deal will be offered and signed before xmas

Edited by KentExile

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There wasn't certainly nothing wrong with Eastwood as a 2nd choice he still in capably when needed.

That Birmingham home game under Bowyer still gives me nightmares. 3 nil down in what felt like 20 mins. Could’ve equalised in injury time too, Scott Dann fresh aired a shot in the box.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, KentExile said:

It means that if Rovers want to keep Dack after the end of this season (and he doesn't agree a new deal), then they can trigger a 1 year extension.  Exactly the same as what they did with Brereton-Diaz this season and Rothewll & Nyambe the season before

I would hope that the preference would be that if he gets back up to speed (as he is looking like he is doing), then a new deal will be offered and signed before xmas

I think the 'both parties' bit muat mean that Dack can also extend it if the club don't take up the option?

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think the 'both parties' bit muat mean that Dack can also extend it if the club don't take up the option?

Possibly...  The link from when the contract was signed doesn't mention anything about both parties having a one year option, but I don't know the full ins and outs of his contract

11 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I would hope that the preference would be that if he gets fully fit and back up to speed (as he is looking like he is doing), then a new deal will be offered and signed before xmas

It was the 'both parties' bit that confused me, I suppose if certain conditions are met, say number of appearances, the player can trigger the option.

We have encountered the problems that sort of deal can cause a decade ago.

56 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

June 2023, both parties have a 1 year option .... no idea what that means

If that clause was in the contract, it would mean that either Dack or the Rovers could extend the contract till June 2024. Even if the other party did not want to.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Who is Colak? This is the first I'm hearing about him and I've been reading this thread all summer.

Played for JDT at Malmo, scored quite a few including 2 against Rangers to beat them at Ibrox to qualify for Champs league... That's where he is now, banging them in. It was inevitable we'd be interested but we offered loan view to buy, they offered the straight cash and Rangers just finished runners up in Europa League so it was an easy sell for them. Shame for us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Rothwell had almost 3.5 seasons of being awful .

Errr, he didn't though did he? In his first couple of seasons he was mainly a sub but often looked electric when he came on, hence the clamour for him to start more games. Inconsistent is how I'd describe him when he did start.

He started more in 20/21 and again, pretty inconsistent but flashes of genius (those two goals v Brentford and Sheff Weds in the space of a few weeks, brilliant). Even on his poorer games he'd still be trying to drive through the centre and provide a spark.

Pointing out the above isn't really relevant to the chat about Buckley. But I find it odd how some players suddenly become awful when they leave. Seen it with Lenihan and Nyambe too - also two good players for us.

Edited by frosty
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I got the wording at Transfrmkt

Transfrmkt is like Wikipedia in that it can be edited by its users.  I'm not saying that the information is incorrect, just that it should be treated with caution.

Rigger is correct in that if that clause was in the contract, it would mean that either Dack or the Rovers could extend the contract till June 2024. Even if the other party did not want to.  However I cant see verifiable confirmation anywhere that there is anything other than a standard 1 year option.

Fingers crossed that this discussion is academic and he starts banging them in like the Dack of old, and signs a new contract 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, frosty said:

Errr, he didn't though did he? In his first couple of seasons he was mainly a sub but often looked electric when he came on, hence the clamour for him to start more games. Inconsistent is how I'd describe him when he did start.

He started more in 20/21 and again, pretty inconsistent but flashes of genius (those two goals v Brentford and Sheff Weds in the space of a few weeks, brilliant). Even on his poorer games he'd still be trying to drive through the centre and provide a spark.

Pointing out the above isn't really relevant to the chat about Buckley. But I find it odd how some players suddenly become awful when they leave. Seen it with Lenihan and Nyambe too - also two good players for us.

He blew hot and cold too often for me in a position were you can’t afford to be cold. Some games you didn’t know he was out there. He’s playing a level too high in the Prem. His bank manager will be delighted though.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Transfrmkt is like Wikipedia in that it can be edited by its users.  I'm not saying that the information is incorrect, just that it should be treated with caution.

Rigger is correct in that if that clause was in the contract, it would mean that either Dack or the Rovers could extend the contract till June 2024. Even if the other party did not want to.  However I cant see verifiable confirmation anywhere that there is anything other than a standard 1 year option.

Fingers crossed that this discussion is academic and he starts banging them in like the Dack of old, and signs a new contract 

I think the Dack of old might not return. Hopefully we can have a new Dack operating a bit deeper in more of a playmaker role. He’s still got an eye for a killer pass as he proved the other night.

• Like 2

Jumping the gun a bit but looking ahead to next summer the following are out of contract according to transfermarkt 

Morton - loan

Hirst - option to buy

Mola - option to buy

Ayala 

Dack - 1 year option 

Travis - shouldn't be too difficult to agree new deal

BBD - defo going

Vale - can only see him leaving if he does crap

So that will be 8 out of the door. I know it's been mentioned that you don't have time to build a squad in this league but I think JDT can be afforded a season to grow. There's 8 potentials leaving, if 3 of them do well we can retain them (dack and the options to buy), Travis and Vale I can't see being too difficult to persuade to stay so it's Morton, BBD and Ayala that are the ones that will need replacing (ayala could even stay). I think if we miss out on play offs this season then we've got a good shot at pushing for them next season. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Jumping the gun a bit but looking ahead to next summer the following are out of contract according to transfermarkt 

Morton - loan

Hirst - option to buy

Mola - option to buy

Ayala 

Dack - 1 year option 

Travis - shouldn't be too difficult to agree new deal

BBD - defo going

Vale - can only see him leaving if he does crap

So that will be 8 out of the door. I know it's been mentioned that you don't have time to build a squad in this league but I think JDT can be afforded a season to grow. There's 8 potentials leaving, if 3 of them do well we can retain them (dack and the options to buy), Travis and Vale I can't see being too difficult to persuade to stay so it's Morton, BBD and Ayala that are the ones that will need replacing (ayala could even stay). I think if we miss out on play offs this season then we've got a good shot at pushing for them next season. 

Trav agreed a deal in March just gone. Here til 2026.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think the Dack of old might not return. Hopefully we can have a new Dack operating a bit deeper in more of a playmaker role. He’s still got an eye for a killer pass as he proved the other night.

You may be right there, and if that was the case, I would still give him a new contract

Just now, KentExile said:

You may be right there, and if that was the case, I would still give him a new contract

I remember Peter Dobing at Stoke. He was very much a Dack style striker that dropped back into midfield after injury. He still had enough football intelligence to be able to pull the strings from a less advanced position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember Peter Dobing at Stoke. He was very much a Dack style striker that dropped back into midfield after injury. He still had enough football intelligence to be able to pull the strings from a less advanced position.

That's before my time, I'm a child of the 80s, so I will take your word for it 🙂

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Completely different game now, athletic requirements are far, far greater than back in those days, even CBs have six packs now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Madine just given a 3-game retrospective ban for stamping on Travis' ankle. is this going to be a thing this season? 

Good. Saw the stamping but didn't think anything would come of it since ref didn't see and Travis was still smiling but an independent Regulatory Commission thought differently. 

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think that's where he'll shine the most. He has a level of quality where he can change the whole game with one or two passes.