BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

We have a much sought after 18 year old right back in Jay Haddow signing a pro deal. Japan under 18 international. Have anyone seen this guy play? Forest and some other teams wanted to sign him this summer.

That’s great but another youngster who hopefully will make the first team in the near future. Unfortunately we lack quality experienced pro’s who can hit the ground running and maybe one or two who can hit the opposition too. Our squad is very lightweight

16 minutes ago, JBiz said:

If we’d signed a load of old dross or sascha petschi esq nobodies, you’d be saying the same thing.

Give JDT at least a few months for god sake. How about one or two windows?

Its not him we're worried about!!

I still think Berget will sign.

- He's almost 32 so this is his last chance for a big move
- He probably wants another shot at English football, which is pretty much the dream of any Norwegian footballer
- We can pay him more than Malmö where he is probably on around £3000 to £6000 a week
- Although not an "investment" for us we can afford his transfer fee and we need someone with experience
- He could potentially be seen as a replacement for Rothwell?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's not a question of being dazzled by them. 

I didn't embark on analysing those players because I don't know enough to judge them, certainly not at this early stage. Quite right though some I would have been happy to see here, some not.

The point I was making was more that the recent appointment of a new manager is not an excuse for not being able to complete transfers - other clubs in similar circumstances have managed it.

Of course we can debate the quality of those signings, only time will tell, but they've got business done.

Do we want to sign players to improve us though or just get bodies through the door?

I'm as frustrated as anyone that no players have signed, but seeing some of the dross that has been signed by other teams I'm also glad we've swerved some of them players too.

HUGE week coming up though, we simply cannot dilly dally now.

9 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

I think the worry is that we’ve got a threadbare squad

Course we’d feel more confident if we’d gone out and signed some exciting players.

There’s still lots of time to judge the new direction though that doesn’t necessarily need such worry.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Ha! as usual---a rotten start then?

You know as well as I do how difficult the windows / market is in the championship. Lots of competition for the best talent and many premier league fringe players won’t even be available till all the squads are confirmed.

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

You know as well as I do how difficult the windows / market is in the championship. Lots of competition for the best talent and many premier league fringe players won’t even be available till all the squads are confirmed.

Its the same for every club but you can't do worse than signing no-one!

We miss the boat every year. It'll late be loans again.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

But the good first half of the season we enjoyed last season prevented us being relegated!

Had nothing to do with having our squad sorted in July though did it?

Each to their own but I’m nowhere near as worried as most and I will be giving the new setup at least a season and couple of windows before I start coming to any conclusions.

32 minutes ago, JBiz said:

If we’d signed a load of old dross or sascha petschi esq nobodies, you’d be saying the same thing.

Give JDT at least a few months for god sake. How about one or two windows?

Not judging JDT at all? 

Merely commenting on  @OldEwoodBlue's post regarding how abysmal our set up is, to get something as fundamental as a transfer over the line.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Not judging JDT at all? 

Merely commenting on  @OldEwoodBlue's post regarding how abysmal our set up is, to get something as fundamental as a transfer over the line.

He knows as much as the rest of us, and I don’t think it’s fair to say our setup is abysmal when 99% of the issues we seemingly face are down to finance.

Anel for example - despite plenty believing it’s a made up issue, if someone is offering 10k more than our wage bill allows, we’ve no chance.

The turnover / ffp allowed limit sets our wage bill too.

Just now, JBiz said:

He knows as much as the rest of us, and I don’t think it’s fair to say our setup is abysmal when 99% of the issues we seemingly face are down to finance.

Anel for example - despite plenty believing it’s a made up issue, if someone is offering 10k more than our wage bill allows, we’ve no chance.

The turnover / ffp allowed limit sets our wage bill too.

So what do we do about that? Sit and bemoan our place in the world as we miss out to goliaths like Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough?

Or do we do something about it?

Increase turnover and revenues for starters? Or reinvest some of the vast amounts made from player sales in the last couple of years?

10 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Each to their own but I’m nowhere near as worried as most and I will be giving the new setup at least a season and couple of windows before I start coming to any conclusions.

You might not have that luxury.

What happens if we get stuck in relegation trouble early doors? Will you be willing to accept relegation to allow for your "at least a season and a couple of windows" approach or is it dependent on a minimum level of results?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So what do we do about that? Sit and bemoan our place in the world as we miss out to goliaths like Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough?

Or do we do something about it?

Increase turnover and revenues for starters? Or reinvest some of the vast amounts made from player sales in the last couple of years?

It's not really money made though is it?

If you own a business and lose £20mil in the financial year, then right at the end of it you get given £5mil, you've not made £5mil, you've lost £15mil.

Agreed something should be done, but chucking money at it isn't as easy as it sounds. Unless you fancy a Coyle-era embargo again.