BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

49 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

3 weeks!!!!

He's been here a lot longer than that.

Edit: Just checked - appears he was appointed on June 8th - that's over five weeks ago.

Also can't judge him on whatever he has or hasn't been doing, can only judge him on results and so far diddly squat.

Wasn't really having an all out go in my original post, I just found it interesting (and rather worrying) that JDT seemed to be implying that the recruitment side wasn't really his concern but Broughton's once they'd identified the type of player he wanted.

I do look forward to reading how you blame Mowbray for us not signing anyone prior to the season kicking off.. 

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Agreed. I fear any decision has to be passed all the way up the chain to Pasha to be sanctioned. By that time, a club with more than buttons to spend has come in and done the deal.

why have we suddenly gone dead on the transfer front,there was`nt a problem getting players in with mowbray,no signings next week and it`s really alarming,there are players out there for the picking

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Does anyone know what the average messageboard page to signing ratio is in the Championship?

This kind of thing obviously belongs in the Data thread so can we keep that stupid statistic stuff where it belongs. "Lies, damn lies & statistics". #4-4-2.

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

why have we suddenly gone dead on the transfer front,there was`nt a problem getting players in with mowbray,no signings next week and it`s really alarming,there are players out there for the picking

A lot of the players signed by Mowbray in recent seasons were loans, and unfortunately, that’s our likely market now. The added problem with that is they tend to be done late in the Window.

36 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I do look forward to reading how you blame Mowbray for us not signing anyone prior to the season kicking off.. 

Don't give up the day job.

Well....... It's Mowbray and Waggott's fault we're three key players down on last season.

If however we've made at least three cracking signings before the start of the season to replace the players we've already lost to at least put us back on an even keel I'll hold my hands up.

(Assuming the usual raft of loanees will also be coming in after that late on)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i thought he did pretty well,apart from paying to much for gallagher,his record was pretty good,it was his best and only good attribute imo

Won't be a surprise to anyone - I thought he was dreadful in the transfer market.

Just using last season as an example

Last 4 permanent signings: 

Pickering - done all right - jury still out

Edun - completely unnecessary signing in same position as Pickering - been very poor

Markanday - might be great in due course but hasn't contributed thus far

Hedges - Really poor signing imo

Loans

JPVH - excellent

Khedra - did quite well

Poveda - Complete waste of a lot of money

Clarkson - abysmal

Dutch RB - useless

Giles - looked a useful player but was messed about and didn't click

That isn't a particularly good strike rate imo and before that especially pre pandemic he's been allowed to bring in countless players either on permanent deals or loan, again (imo) with a very poor strike rate.

Obviously in his defence he can point to Armstrong and Brereton (eventually)

I was hoping recruitment was going to be much improved under the new regime. Maybe we've decided to go down a "more quality and less quantity" route which would probably be the right approach - as long as we actually get them in.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Won't be a surprise to anyone - I thought he was dreadful in the transfer market.

Edun - completely unnecessary signing in same position as Pickering - been very poor

Loans

JPVH - excellent

Khedra - did quite well

Clarkson - abysmal

Dutch RB - useless

That isn't a particularly good strike rate imo and before that especially pre pandemic he's been allowed to bring in countless players either on permanent deals or loan, again (imo) with a very poor strike rate.

I was hoping recruitment was going to be much improved under the new regime. Maybe we've decided to go down a "more quality and less quantity" route which would probably be the right approach - as long as we actually get them in.

fair point,i agree,moggasaurous was bad,he was backed however and now it seems they are throwing jdt to the mercy of the blackburn end,i wonder if he will have the same cultish following that mowbray had,i feel sorry for him tbh,if nothing happens next week the season is going to be a long one,i don`t expect him to stay long actually if the transfer impasse continues

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Loans

JPVH - excellent

Khedra - did quite well

Clarkson - abysmal

Dutch RB - useless

Oh please.  "Summer transfer thread".  Hint.

6 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Shock, Middlesbrough are now linked with Davies...

Call me petty... but I just f***ing hate them 🤣 Praying for them to flop this season

The new Bournemouth.

They won't flop though, Wilder is a better manager than Parker and he got promoted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

The new Bournemouth.

They won't flop though, Wilder is a better manager than Parker and he got promoted.

Not sure how Middlesbrough have done anything wrong.

I can see why we might have a gripe with Bournemouth us they came in for Rothwell to destabilise us and very much succeeded in that respect.

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Loans

JPVH - excellent

Khedra - did quite well

Clarkson - abysmal

Dutch RB - useless

If you’re reviewing TM’s transfer business and choosing to ignore the likes of Dack and Kaminski (small fees / big performers), it’s not particularly fair.

Even in the loan market, he had the trust of Klopp (Elliott being the best) and Guardiola (Tosin).

His overall record was mixed at best, but it was still a light year ahead of any other manager post Big Sam.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

If you’re reviewing TM’s transfer business and choosing to ignore the likes of Dack and Kaminski (small fees / big performers), it’s not particularly fair.

Even in the loan market, he had the trust of Klopp (Elliott being the best) and Guardiola (Tosin).

His overall record was mixed at best, but it was still a light year ahead of any other manager post Big Sam.

I thought he did well in the loan market also but in terms of Klopp and Guardiola their trust wasn't exclusive to Mowbray.

Not a dig in any way it's just a bit of a common misconception Mowbray was some kind of special guy to send players to, they have their good young'uns loaned to plenty clubs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Yes, I omitted to include Dack and Kaminsky, fair point, my bad, both big successes but I would caveat Kaminsky by saying we let an equally good if not better keeper in Raya go for peanuts then wasted money loaning the useless Walton for a season.

I will have to disagree on your last paragraph, I don't think we've been any good in the transfer market since Gary Bowyer's Dad Ian was scouting for us.

• Like 2

Transfer wishlist (hopefully realistic)

Cb Ben Davies

Cb Michael heilik

Rb /rwb callum brittain

Cm callum styles

Cm celina

Fwd archer / kienan Davies/ kadra

Plus few obscure from malmo / Swedish league ideally birmancevic

Kaminski

Wharton

Davies

Ayala / heilik

Brittain

Pickering

Travis

Styles

Buckley

markandy

Archer/ Davies

Birmancevic 

Banking on brereton being sold

Edited by Rochdale_rover
  • Like 1

QPR, Birmingham, Dingles, Blackpool, Watford, Huddersfield all changed manager this summer with less time to plan for it yet all or nearly all have cracked on with recruitment.

Then there's the clubs that got relegated or promoted yet have got on with it.

Ultimately when there's the will and the cash stuff gets done. There's neither here.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, neophox said:

Not easy signing good players... hopefully the first one calm everyone down.

From experience on this board, the first signing will calm most people down. For about 3-4 days and then spleens will vent once more. Maybe 2 days this time, since we have so much work to do.