BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Wonder if Rovers will try for Styles and Brittain at Barnsley.... two young and hungry players with championship experience.

I would love those two, brilliant talents. Those two plus George Hurst, who did really well in his loan at Pompey, plus Davis would be an immense transfer window. Supplement those with one or two good quality loans and we could be competing for a top six place again.

I appreciate for that to happen we would need to sell BBD, but the above would be a great use of the money received. 

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He probably shouldn't repeatedly talk in the press about what our approach will be then. Unless that's a misdirection...I mean QPR will be surprised when we show up with the same pedestrian approach as under Mowbray eh?

Bottom line is I just don't think we have enough runway between the pretty late appointment of JDT and the early start of the season this year. 

It's certain we're going to crash into the start of the season very unprepared.

Weird thing about football is sometimes that sort of thing doesn't actually lead to worse results. In the chaos things can be found out that were not known before. But also there is a big risk it turns into a disaster.

Feels like we will start the season with a bench made up of the U23 squad. Maybe one or two signings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

With Nyambe still not finalised anywhere Broughton should be on the blower to his agent, apologising for Waggott and asking how much he wants again. Right back is the huge problem for us as things stand.

Spot on Nyambe on a free would STILL be as good a piece of business as we're likely to do this summer!

• Like 5

Not a very encouraging interview from JDT in the LT. He only "thinks" players will be coming in now seemingly.

Meanwhile confirming that recruitment is basically out of his hands and in the hands of Broughton - who imo has done absolutely nothing thus far to justify another fancy title and body being added to the wage bill.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not a very encouraging interview from JDT in the LT. He only "thinks" players will be coming in now seemingly.

Meanwhile confirming that recruitment is basically out of his hands and in the hands of Broughton - who imo has done absolutely nothing thus far to justify another fancy title and body being added to the wage bill.

How do you know he hasn’t done anything? Just because no one has signed doesn’t mean he’s been sat there twiddling his thumbs. Wasn’t it him who got the manager in essentially?

Edited by Theaxe15
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

If we don’t upgrade significantly on Brown and JRC we will get absolutely ripped apart down that side every single game.

I’m still hopeful we move away from that formation, though the friendlies so far would suggest not. I think we will be exposed in the league without strong addictions, and if Brereton goes I worry about our goal threat. It would be interesting to see how Gallagher would adapt to being a focal point of it though, if it wasn’t for the urgency of results.

The opposition would be spoilt for choice if we played Pickering on the opposite flank as a LWB.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Broughtons career has been academy based.

He will have little knowledge and no black book of the Championship.

He's been brought in to facilitate in-house academy up into first team squad.

If he pulls off a decent signing from an external source it's a bonus.

Getting lists of frees and loans is not rocket science, just a pc and Google will do.

Be worried.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're going to criticize him because he's not done the business after 3 weeks in post?

I know football transfers happen quickly, but bloody hell.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The opposition would be spoilt for choice if we played Pickering on the opposite flank as a LWB.

I’ve been quite impressed with Edun in the friendlies so far. Big difference to league games I know, but I think he’d be a better bet on the left hand side.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve been quite impressed with Edun in the friendlies so far. Big difference to league games I know, but I think he’d be a better bet on the left hand side.

He was really poor when he played there in the League last season, I remember him always being a weak link and constantly being out of position when he played. Pickering isn't perfect but he is a lot steadier and more reliable than Edun.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If it's true, I'm mystified that Liverpool think they should get £4 million for a player who they signed for 500k (which they've already recouped from his last loan), who has never played for them since and they don't in any way need, from clubs who don't really have the money and will struggle to meet his (thanks to Liverpool) heavy wage demands.

Irritating how the biggest clubs can get away with what is basically a transfer dud and come away with a huge profit.

• Like 1

Leeds haven't taken Poveda and a few others on tour to Australia with a few of finding moves elsewhere. Not saying we want or indeed should want him back here but worth mentioning as a player who was here last season.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

If it's true, I'm mystified that Liverpool think they should get £4 million for a player who they signed for 500k (which they've already recouped from his last loan), who has never played for them since and they don't in any way need, from clubs who don't really have the money and will struggle to meet his (thanks to Liverpool) heavy wage demands.

Irritating how the biggest clubs can get away with what is basically a transfer dud and come away with a huge profit.

Suppose he is a proven quality defender at this level and no longer is running close to the end of a contract.

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

If we don’t upgrade significantly on Brown and JRC we will get absolutely ripped apart down that side every single game.

I’m still hopeful we move away from that formation, though the friendlies so far would suggest not. I think we will be exposed in the league without strong addictions, and if Brereton goes I worry about our goal threat. It would be interesting to see how Gallagher would adapt to being a focal point of it though, if it wasn’t for the urgency of results.

It will be the same down the left hand side too with Pickering, IMO. He's slow, was targeted a number of times last season and left acres of space for the opposition to attack, while struggling to get back. Not good enough.

Brown/JRC on the right, Pickering on the left is a frightening thought. Then I look at a potential Carter-Wharton pairing in the middle and shudder at the prospect. Wharton was very good at times last season, particularly during that run, but I'm wondering how good he will be without Van Hecke and Lenihan alongside him. I have zero confidence in a Carter-Wharton pairing, but that's just me.

I purposely haven't mentioned Ayala as he can't be relied upon. If fit, however, he should be starting every game. We could really do with Davies and another coming in back there.

The entire backline needs rebuilding, for me, but there's not much chance of that happening.

I'm looking at the rest of the squad and I'm quite concerned. Powderpuff, little quality and we are currently relying on this romantic idea that the youngsters are going to step in and rescue the situation. Got a bad feeling reality is going to bite big time shortly into the QPR game.

We need serious additions, but it looks the like the club is pissing about, and JDT is getting frustrated. Without those additions, I genuinely can't see us winning a game in August.

• Like 1