BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

34 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So about to hit 215 pages.

Not one link

Not one rumour

NOT ONE SIGNING

Same time again tomorrow

Stop banging on about the pages. It is not a unit of time. Yes the wait for a signing is annoying and baffling but comparing how long it is taking to the amount of pages on a thread on a forum on the internet which is entirely at the mercy of how much people can waffle on about the subject is NOT a reason to be irate.

35 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So about to hit 215 pages.

Not one link

Not one rumour

NOT ONE SIGNING

Same time again tomorrow

Its all rather predictable isn't it.

You can change the manager, change the players, change the scout, change the colour of the Blackburn End bogs, but until we change the owners we are never going to change the ambition at the club. 

I'm mindful to start the relegation thread myself, but I don't want to steal @jim mk2thunder.

Worrying times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Stop banging on about the pages. It is not a unit of time. Yes the wait for a signing is annoying and baffling but comparing how long it is taking to the amount of pages on a thread on a forum on the internet which is entirely at the mercy of how much people can waffle on about the subject is NOT a reason to be irate.

Calm down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I don't agree with that. I'm extremely confident that we wouldn't have been finishing top 10 this season with Mowbray in charge. If he had been replaced in January with us in 2nd place would it only have been acceptable if we were planning to finish 1st? Or would it just have been a shrewd attempt to prevent his inevitable yearly death spiral and ensure we make the playoffs? Finishing 8th was very much the exception for Mowbray and the club (since Venkys), it's not the standard to which I will hold the next manager.

That's before we consider that the squad has been ripped asunder, the manager and DoF were appointed late, with the latter having no experience of his role, and the manager intends to impart a new style. It will take time and we have to be patient. A relegation scrap is unacceptable, but solidly midtable with signs of a better future is absolutely fine by me, this season. Next season I expect us to be challenging.

I've been patient for 12 years,

Squad decimated because of poor administration on contracts,

Late managerial appointments because of board.

None of the above the managers fault,

However this blue print restart is not acceptable, unless people are held accountable for putting us in this position.

Had we cleared out the board, i'd happily say we start again, however thats not the case and its down to the club to prove that everything which was/has been done was to increase our chances of promotion. Waiting another 3 or 4 years, with a risk we could have 2 or 3 more managers in that time is not an excuse I can personally accept.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I've been patient for 12 years,

Squad decimated because of poor administration on contracts,

Late managerial appointments because of board.

None of the above the managers fault,

However this blue print restart is not acceptable, unless people are held accountable for putting us in this position.

Had we cleared out the board, i'd happily say we start again, however thats not the case and its down to the club to prove that everything which was/has been done was to increase our chances of promotion. Waiting another 3 or 4 years, with a risk we could have 2 or 3 more managers in that time is not an excuse I can personally accept.

Yep we've waited too long, been fucked around over and over, and the squad and late appointment issues absolutely fall on the club, they're not things that just happened to us that we couldn't prevent. But like you say, none of it the manager's fault, and those are ships that have sailed. To be realistic, as well as fair to JDT and GB, we have to be patient and give it time. Not forever of course, but time. The 2 or 3 more managers is the risk we carry if we are not patient with the appointment. Clearing out the board? They can't go soon enough, even if JDT does superbly. That's an independent thing and should be happening regardless (sadly it won't).

The club can't prove the squad decimation and late appointments were done to increase our chances of promotion, because they weren't. They were just the result of incompetence. But if we don't go up this year, but go up next year, I'm sure everyone can accept that from the new management.

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

You can change the manager, change the players, change the scout, change the colour of the Blackburn End bogs, but until we change the owners we are never going to change the ambition at the club. 

I'm mindful to start the relegation thread myself, but I don't want to steal @jim mk2thunder.

Worrying times.

You missed out, "You can hire Bodo Glimt's academy guy as DOF" 😉 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

I'm personally looking forward to Saturdays game against Celtic in 17 pages time.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If I had £1 for every time I had heard that I'd be a rich man.

Truth is it won't be PL or bust at all. We all know that deep down, just like they will never be put under an embargo or given a points deduction.

Why won't they? It has happened to other clubs of similar size. Yes, some clubs have got away with it, but some haven't. As time has gone on I think we're seeing more of the latter than the former, and the closing of loopholes like selling training grounds and stadia.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

You had a rough day at work mate? Jesus 😂

• Like 2

lots of anger on here today,imagine if we were all in a pub together😆

please can everybody stop believing what the "journalists" write,the likes of nixon,(fantastist),sharpe( jumped up teaboy) and jackson ( bull*****)know absolutely as much as we do,which is nothing,there is no connection with the club anymore and no inside stories to be had

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You're going to criticize him because he's not done the business after 3 weeks in post?

I know football transfers happen quickly, but bloody hell.

3 weeks!!!!

He's been here a lot longer than that.

Edit: Just checked - appears he was appointed on June 8th - that's over five weeks ago.

Also can't judge him on whatever he has or hasn't been doing, can only judge him on results and so far diddly squat.

Wasn't really having an all out go in my original post, I just found it interesting (and rather worrying) that JDT seemed to be implying that the recruitment side wasn't really his concern but Broughton's once they'd identified the type of player he wanted.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

3 weeks!!!!

Edit: Just checked - appears he was appointed on June 8th - that's over five weeks ago.

Also can't judge him on whatever he has or hasn't been doing, can only judge him on results and so far diddly squat.

Wasn't really having an all out go in my original post, I just found it interesting (and rather worrying) that JDT seemed to be implying that the recruitment side wasn't really his concern but Broughton's once they'd identified the type of player he wanted.

His manager has been here 4 weeks - and I'd be livid if he brought in players without consulting JDT (or whoever was in post). 

We're behind the 8 ball because Waggot and the Venky's messed around for 5 weeks appointing a new manager (and that only got resolved because Broughton flagged up that JDT was available). 

If it all goes to pot, as many of the doom mongers are predicting, then I'll hold my hands up. 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

3 weeks!!!!

5 weeks and no signings is a big big worry for me. 

New signings need to integrated at the start of pre season so they can adapt and be settled.

Thus it's Rovers and we leave everything to last minute 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

JDT seemed to be implying that the recruitment side wasn't really his concern but Broughton's once they'd identified the type of player he wanted.

I think that’s the whole idea of the DOF / Head Coach model, but I would imagine that JDT is perhaps just starting to regret turning down an alternative job, or at least getting a little twitchy.

Even Sharpe, (who isn’t exactly known for sticking his neck out), was reporting we were hopeful of signings early LAST week.

Just over two weeks to go and still not one signing.

2 hours ago, Glosrover said:

didn't they just sell Djed Spence for loads of money??

£12.5m I think upfront. £20m with add-ons

Boros last 2 years have been £55m losses though and I think it’s £45m over 3 years for FFP.

Will be loss again this year despite Spence money which puts them past FFP limit (depending whatever Covid slack was given) 

15 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I think that’s the whole idea of the DOF / Head Coach model, but I would imagine that JDT is perhaps just starting to regret turning down an alternative job, or at least getting a little twitchy.

Even Sharpe, (who isn’t exactly known for sticking his neck out), was reporting we were hopeful of signings early LAST week.

Just over two weeks to go and still not one signing.

Yes, when it works!

It did seem to me that JDT was trying to make it quite clear that the lack of incomings was nothing to do with him. 

"Nothing to do with me Guv!" (but I'm sure they're doing their best, bless their little cotton socks).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Worrying times.

"It isn't strange after changes upon changes
We are more or less the same
After changes we are more or less the same"

The problem is that it's very bad when same is bad.

Worrying times indeed.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, when it works!

It did seem to me that JDT was trying to make it quite clear that the lack of incomings was nothing to do with him. 

"Nothing to do with me Guv!" (but I'm sure they're doing their best, bless their little cotton socks).

Agreed. I fear any decision has to be passed all the way up the chain to Pasha to be sanctioned. By that time, a club with more than buttons to spend has come in and done the deal.

• Like 1