BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jon Dahl Tomasson has told the fans and media that Rovers are very busy trying to bring in the new signings

Appreciate your faith in the new regime, but what exactly would you expect him to say?  "It's a bit of a shit-show really, there's a real sense of panic creeping in".

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why haven't we heard from Broughton since the JDT appointment?

Iv tweeted Sharpe the same.Why ain't the local media seeking him out for comment on what's going on regarding incomings

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20277479.blackburn-rovers-coming-behind-transfer-search/

Why look for quotes from Broughton when JDT has explained to an extent.

How long till Greg gets a BRFCS nickname anyway? BroughtNowt?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why haven't we heard from Broughton since the JDT appointment?

Iv tweeted Sharpe the same.Why ain't the local media seeking him out for comment on what's going on regarding incomings

do we really need a weekly interview with him every week? GB shouldn't be doing interviews every week or months but at the end of each transfer window and end of the season. That it. How many times do you hear from Man City Director of football or Norwich City Sporting Director? rarely

JDT has answered transfer questions post match of the last 2 games. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Appreciate your faith in the new regime, but what exactly would you expect him to say?  "It's a bit of a shit-show really, there's a real sense of panic creeping in".

JDT has told you the truth about what is going on with our transfer but far too many of you are going into panic mode cos we haven't made one signing yet. 

JDT has said patience is needed. Maybe some people listen to him and calm down 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

JDT has told you the truth about what is going on with our transfer but far too many of you are going into panic mode cos we haven't made one signing yet. 

Again, I appreciate your adoration for JDT, but you have as much evidence that he has told the truth as I have that he has lied... none.  We just have to hope wheels are turning.

• Like 2

So instead of recruiting players our Director of Football is recruiting a Head of Recruitment. We are two weeks away from the start of the season and presumably have to go through an interview process which, if it's anything like the recent processes will take a few weeks.

Sometimes I despair at what they are doing to our club.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Too many cooks if you ask me

Just what i thought when they brought in the DoF, another layer to add to the confusion.

The DoF is a good idea and probably needed but it's rendered pointless unless he has a budget and is allowed to use it how he sees fit.  After agreeing with the manager on a player he should be able to sign it off or at least get Waggot to.  

Shouldn't need to go beyond that with the money we are spending or loans, a bit different if we are talking millions but we won't be.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

do we really need a weekly interview with him every week? GB shouldn't be doing interviews every week or months but at the end of each transfer window and end of the season. That it. How many times do you hear from Man City Director of football or Norwich City Sporting Director? rarely

I wasn't asking for a weekly interview but considering we are 2 weeks away from the start of the season and are yet to make a signing ,it may ease a bit of worry if Broughton commented.

JDT didn't really give much comment apart from "the club are working hard". 

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So instead of recruiting players our Director of Football is recruiting a Head of Recruitment. We are two weeks away from the start of the season and presumably have to go through an interview process which, if it's anything like the recent processes will take a few weeks.

@K-Hod - RE the part in bold, is that not exactly what you told me isn’t coming to a conclusion?

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Effective communication is essential in all walks of life.

To say GB and JDT have been here some 6 weeks, I think we have heard precious little from them.

They need to get their arses into gear on many fronts.

Communication from Rovers, IMO, is p1ss poor from top to bottom and if Waggott doesn't feck you off again on Monday then you need to tell him that.  You are not meeting the Queen or the Pope so go in hard and give him feckin hell - it's no good telling him everything in the garden is rosy with Rovers.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The shower running Rovers couldn't organise a fuck in a brothel.

• Like 1

I don't really understand the calm down argument from a fan perspective, unless you know signings are imminent that will improve the team? It needs improving drastically to compete and the evidence so far is that not enough is being done on that front from the new regime. I'm hugely disappointed and concerned for a number of reasons, not only do we need players but those players need time to gel, train, get to know each other and be able to compete from day 1 in the league. Have we given ourselves the best chance at a successful start to the new season? Probably not I'm afraid. It's disappointing on a number of levels, fan optimism, squad strength and season ticket sales. They need to pull their finger out and write some cheques. 

Edited by Ghost7
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

I don't really understand the calm down argument from a fan perspective, unless you know signings are imminent that will prove the team? It needs improving drastically to compete and the evidence so far is that not enough is being done on that front from the new regime. I'm hugely disappointed and concerned for a number of reasons, not only do we need players but those players need time to gel, train, get to know each other and be able to compete from day 1 in the league. Have we given ourselves the best chance at a successful start to the new season? Probably not I'm afraid. It's disappointing on a number of levels, fan optimism, squad strength and season ticket sales. They need to pull their finger out and write some cheques. 

Frees and loans.

Frees cost signing on fees and wages ... Problem.

Loans - decent ones not available until weeks into the new season. They also cost fees and part wages .... Problem.

We do not spend big on defenders so forget the Brighton lad.

Anyone expecting a new DoF to solve this Venky induced situation is in for disappointment.

I wish I was wrong.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

The new structure sounds far too convoluted for my liking. I presume it goes something like this:

Manager says he wants players in X positions to DoF - DoF tells Head of Recruitment to recommend players in X positions - DoF goes to Waggot and says we want X players - Waggot goes to owners and says we want X players - tumbleweed from owners  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Because their default line is ways to blindly back the club, it’s super fandom. No matter what the club does it’s never wrong 

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle.

I despise what the Venkys have done to this club.

That said I also recognize that JDT and Broughton haven't had much time to put their plans into action. I'm not worrying about conspiracy theories that they've been sold a lemon etc because the money was always there for Mowbray - he just spent it poorly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

The new structure sounds far too convoluted for my liking. I presume it goes something like this:

Manager says he wants players in X positions to DoF - DoF tells Head of Recruitment to recommend players in X positions - DoF goes to Waggot and says we want X players - Waggot goes to owners and says we want X players - tumbleweed from owners  

A common multi layered business structure that is useful to deflect and protect the ultimate decision makers.

It's actually a good structure to have at a football club that is even basically functional, we are not, we are the most dysfunctional club imaginable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Then Suhail says, nah lets ask some of my agent friends

• Like 3