BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

28 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

There has to be a buyer first at Venkys valuation. I'm lead to believe any real interest is thinking £9 million with adds ons. Our valuation is £20 million. If things dont change one way or the other he won't be sold

Realistically any deal around 15 mill will be done, finding some sort of middle ground will just take time. It wouldn't surprise me to see it be late in the market with no time to reinvest and the money get swallowed never to be seen again. I've made my peace with this scenario and if I could, would bet good money on it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boz said:

I would be concerned if I was the owners and seeing/paying for all these posts, wondering what they all do and is it value for money.

I am not averse to DoF, or a Head of Recruitment, or any other back office staff or coaching staff, yet whilst our front facing actual Championship football players are scarce on the ground, is very worrying.

Unless that is, they have on their radar (which I think would be sensible) plans afoot to make a mega saving in this corporate set up.

From the last accounts the salaries of Rovers' three directors rose by £20,000 to £489,450. Who might these three directors be, when we have 4 current directors registered at Companies House; Cheston, Coar, Ghandi Babu & Waggott, note - Silvester is just the company secretary. I imagine Coar & Babu are not being remunerated, leaving a big wedge for the Finance Director (surely maximum £150k?) and the Managing Director. 

So hopefully a plan to terminate Waggott is all part of replacing him with these new posts. If not then Venkys are truly having their pants taken down, yet again.

Yes i often wonder where some of the famous Rovers wage bill actually goes and who is on it drawing what.

Like many before him Waggot fell into his own little money pit here when he landed this gig. No wonder he's happy to carry on knowing most think he's just another sycophantic pocket filling gravy train rider.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

They bloody well should be bothered, must be the worst type of business we could do?

I reckon BBD will walk for free. The club want to sell him but no one will pay our price with only 12 months left and the 2 main suitors, Leeds and Wham, either seem to be looking elsewhere or not making any actual moves.

Of course they should be bothered.

The last 12 years tells me they aren't though.

Money clearly isn't an issue to them, so from the teams point of view i would rather keep Diaz than sell him because that money won't go back into the side, as been seen numerous times before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Both Travis and Wharton were given their chance by Mowbray, thats a fact. Travis now nearly 90 appearance for Rovers under Mowbray. Wharton was ever present once given his chance, and kept Ayala out the side. 

Neither sold and nothing to suggest either would be sold.

He signed Clarkson, it didnt work out, but then he signed Elliott, Van Hecke, Khadra, Harwood-Bellis etc. So one bad loan when you consider the calibre of the others is not the best example.

The truth is, these youth players got their chance under TM, when they were ready

Branthwaite, Poveda, Zeefuik, Giles (good player, but not at RW), Douglas, Trybull, Walton, Palmer - not to mention spending £400k on his mate's son in net. 

Just the facts, Jack. 

30 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

The complete lack of transfer activity is definitely worth investigating if you are a journalist.

If anyone gets the chance you can say "the fans are concerned, as 5 or 6 players are needed, is there still a healthy budget in place?"

If any journalists close to the club read this forum, DM me if you need some pointers.

Alas, the last local reporter who was prepared to ruffle a few feathers at the club was Andy Cryer. 
Nowadays, the likes of Sharpe and Jackson just deal in safe reporting and analysis.

• Like 1

Adam Wharton seems to have caught the eye of JDT.....

Interesting to see which of the youngster who will be on the bench tomorrow.

Kaminski

Brown - Carter - Ayala - Wharton - Pickering

Travis - Buckley

Dolan - Gallagher - Brereton

Right back is our biggest problem right now.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 2

One of the main drawbacks of this director of football model is the added layer which may cause delays which a risk heightened in a club like ours that with dysfunctional owners tends to take longer to make decisions anyway.

It is a fair concern to suggest that this is or at least could be playing out or about to play out.

We are looking horribly unprepared for the season ahead so the need for signings becomes more and more urgent. Sadly it seems like we couldnt be further away.

• Like 1

The expectation that one good appointment makes everything OK is naive in the extreme. We're still owned by the same useless c&nts that have no interest in us other than keeping the lights on. And we don't even know if its a good appointment yet. Really hoping it is and JDT is the miracle worker we need to get promoted but it's nothing more than a very slim hope for me.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Could i ask what you are basing this on?

Based on the talent, performances I've seen, whether the have physical attributes for the championship. 

I like Jack Vale movement whether its coming short or looking to run in behind and his attribute of closing down. He looks like working on his strength from the Stanley game and from a number of games he can finish and score goals.

Jake Garrett like a tackle and get's stuck in which is his game but he has ability to make good passers and can switch play

Ash Phillips, He is England international defender at his age group, he tall, positional looks good from what I have seen.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Based on the talent, performances I've seen, whether the have physical attributes for the championship. 

I like Jack Vale movement whether its coming short or looking to run in behind and his attribute of closing down. He looks like working on his strength from the Stanley game and from a number of games he can finish and score goals.

Jake Garrett like a tackle and get's stuck in which is his game but he has ability to make good passers and can switch play

Ash Phillips, He is England international defender at his age group, he tall, positional looks good from what I have seen.  

Okay based on above, and they play these season instead of signings, taking into account our 8th place finish last season.

Where do you think we will finish this season, and where do you think we should be aiming to finish this season

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says no.

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says yes. JDT says no.

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says yes. JDT says yes. Swag says no.

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says yes.JDT says yes. Swag says yes. Suhail says no.

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says yes, JDT says yes. Swag says yes. Suhail says yes. Passed to India. Pause. Venkys say yes. Player has already signed elsewhere.

We now await Broughton recruiting a head of recruitment to start the process of player recruitment. This is so exciting.

Footnote. This gets really complex when you apply the above process to the recruitment of a new Head of Recruitment.

Brian Clough used to drive across the country, knock on the players door and tell them to sign a contract.

• Like 5

Just now, glen9mullan said:

Okay based on above, and we play these season, taking into account our 8th place finish this season.

Where do you think we will finish this season, and where do you think we shoild be aiming to finish this season

far to early to make predictions on where I think we will finish when we will make signings and whether BBD leaves or not. 

Where we finish last season has no bearing on this coming season when the championship is very different with different teams in the league, playing squad very different and a number of managerial changes for a number of examples. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

far to early to make predictions on where I think we will finish when we will make signings and whether BBD leaves or not. 

Where we finish last season has no bearing on this coming season when the championship is very different with different teams in the league, playing squad very different and a number of managerial changes for a number of examples. 

This speaks volumes. You are normally massively optimistic on our chances, non-committal is as close as you get to doom and gloom. You clearly don’t fancy our chances, not that you’d ever say so.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And the best of them all Adam Wharton.

9 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Couple of lads texting me we are looking at ethan ampadu? If that's how you spell his name,  a loan from Chelsea..I know nothing about him so can't really say anything 

Looks like he spent the previous couple of seasons in the PL and Serie A. Wouldn’t make much sense to level down to the Championship. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely we should have an aim?  Signings, departures, managerial changes etc are a consequence of decisions made by the club.

If its in the best interest of the club surely 8th place upwards is the aim?

• Like 1

Ash Phillps has hardly played for the U23s, let alone to be relied upon for the hustle and bustle of a Championship season. That's fanciful thinking.

He needs to be playing games, either with the U23's or being loaned out to gain experience to prove his potential.

There's no point him hanging about our 1st team squad just to, at best, sit on the bench.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 4

TBH if we go into the season starting six or seven academy players it reeks of incompetence from a management perspective but will be quite exciting for the fans.

Also - without really having reviewed any data my feeling is it's not usually teams with a bunch of kids playing who get relegated. Its usually teams full of jaded journeymen.

That's my copium anyway 

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

TBH if we go into the season starting six or seven academy players it reeks of incompetence from a management perspective but will be quite exciting for the fans.

Also - without really having reviewed any data my feeling is it's not usually teams with a bunch of kids playing who get relegated. Its usually teams full of jaded journeymen.

That's my copium anyway 

If excitement is getting pasted every weekend 

• Like 4