BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

Delighted with that, just wanted the three points before kick off.

Hopefully the manner of the win and the comeback can kick us back into gear. We really haven't been at it, at times, over recent weeks.

Dack definitely gives a mental edge back to the team. Hopefully Brereton coming back can give that clinical goalscoring edge back again as well. (Presuming he doesn't get hobbled by a premature Chile call up). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Three headers from a team I thought would never score a header again. Best thing that happened tonight was Lawrence finding a way to finally get Gallagher throwing his weight around. Three really class headers just when we needed them, but kudos for Kaminski for keeping us in it first half. A season-defining second half hopefully.

Yep, someone needs to wind Gallagher up every match. I think that's the only time I've ever witnessed him show any aggression.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

He probably didn't like the booing. He had a strop on when there weren't any fans in the ground and he was getting criticised.

Ah yeah, he doesn’t like criticism of the nasty minority of fans that’s still believe we’ve got Shearer and Sutton. 

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Tremendous win in the circumstances. Credit to Tony Mowbray for what was clearly an inspirational half time team talk which coupled with the astute substitutions turned it around. Also to Sam Gallagher who thoroughly deserved his goal after his performance - I think that moment when he closed the keeper down set the tone for what happened.

By the looks of him, I reckon it may have been Venus giving the half time team talk.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Many problems with how the team was set up in the first half by the sounds of things, but just glad we got the win in the end!

Let’s just hope we learn from our mistakes next time round and play our players to their strengths!

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

Yep, someone needs to wind Gallagher up every match. I think that's the only time I've ever witnessed him show any aggression.

Definitely. He played well with a bit of fire in his belly. If only we had someone at the club with the job of motivating the players. 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Ah yeah, he doesn’t like criticism of the nasty minority of fans that’s still believe we’ve got Shearer and Sutton. 

Think he was so pissed and embarrased by the first half he couldn't enjoy anything after. When was the last time he made two subs at half time? 

Vital, vital 3 points. Without them we were certain to slip out of the playoffs. Now although it still depends on what other teams do to an extent we have given ourselves a bit more breathing space. 

We, or rather TM, doesn't half make it hard for ourselves. Dack may not be ready to start but you cannot line up with Johnson as a false 9. That's beyond stupidity and almost cost us. 

Three goals will do the world of good to the teams confidence and to the individuals who scored them too. It breaks the pressure of where is the next goal coming from which is going to be crucial to the run in. 

We need to build on this now and keep grinding some more points out. 

• Like 4

I haven't been a massive critic of Mowbray and I get why others have been and are entitled to it. I have heavily criticised players. I don't mind Mowbray but equally fear who they would replace him with. He has shown limitations alot in his reign. Tonight was insane. Couldn't believe the line up, it's like someone who never watched football before. Johnson up top was the most inaffective thing I've seen in recent memory. I don't even give him credit for the 2nd half changes, nothing creative about it, only thing we could have done. Credit the players they ground it out and showed some real quality at times. Need to get 3 points on Saturday to make up for the shambolic Bristol City result. Happy with the win but need more consistency to make me believe again.

• Like 2

Just now, neophox said:

Dack lookend 50 percent fit....a class act anyway ..

That ball for Dolans goal was typical Dack, didn’t even think about it. Credit for Dolan for being in the right place to convert. Looked like Dack was rallying the troops as well. 

• Like 2

That cross by Giles was a thing of beauty.

As he progressed up the left you can see him look across to see who is in the middle, does the calculations and delivers a perfect cross to SG.

Also a great header by SG.

A superb goal.

The dink cross by Dack also excellent and good header by a brave Dolan.

Amazing result as we should have been buried by HT but the changes enforced by the atrocious starting lineup worked a treat.

Player power in the dressing room? 

Hells bells I'm so carried away I omitted Wharton - well done lad!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, briansol said:

Think he was so pissed and embarrased by the first half he couldn't enjoy anything after. When was the last time he made two subs at half time? 

He doesn’t usually seem bothered when he messes up the team selection. He looked really fed up all second half.  What kind of manager wouldn’t go crazy at that turn around. His idol Pep would. 

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That cross by Giles was a thing of beauty.

As he progressed up the left you can see him look across to see who is in the middle, does the calculations and delivers a perfect cross to SG.

Also a great header by SG.

A superb goal.

The dink cross by Dack also excellent and good header by a brave Dolan.

Amazing result as we should have been buried by HT but the changes enforced by the atrocious starting lineup worked a treat.

Player power in the dressing room? 

Hells bells I'm so carried away I omitted Wharton - well done lad!

The right players, were in the right positions to do the right things; left footed winger/wingback on the left, CF in the Centre, an actual false 9 type player in that position. Who’d have thought it? It’s not rocket science. 

and maybe you’ve got a point with the player power. Would explain Mowbray looking like someone had Pissed on his lemon drizzle. 😂

Edited by Dan
  • Like 6