BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Would anyone be in the slightest bit annoyed if it were true that Mowbray has a deal lined up to join a Championship club in the summer?  That he was advising the out of contract three, not to sign elsewhere (there’s upto 4x what’s on the table at Rovers on offer elsewhere - it’s 100% about the money) because he will be able to offer them deals at his new club?

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

You’re going to be blown away!!!

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Come on mate….they don’t want him, he knows that by now. Imo the India meeting is a ‘thanks for everything Tony’ meeting…

Big question is, who if anyone do they have lined up?

Are you going to put any meat on the bones or leave it cryptic? Where is this from, what is the club, are all 3 players going to the same club?

I can't see this at all. And no way does he go to India for a "thanks for everything" meeting when he could be getting things in order at this mystery new club.

• Like 1

It shows the desperation to see the back of Mowbray that someone with a terrible track record can come on, claim that not only has our manager already agreed a new deal with another Championship club for next season but hes also (illegally) pre-arranged contracts for all 3 out of contract players on quadruple their current wage, hes purposely limiting Dacks involvement ahead of a potential sale rather than because hes just come back from 2 years out and hes still going to go to India in the summer anyway and its taken as gospel!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So he could get another Championship job then? Not what I have repeatedly read.

This board needs to realise that he has massively re-built his reputation here. He’s ‘stabilised’ and ‘re-built’ that ‘mad club with the Chicken people’. Done a ‘great job with little money’.

Folk on here may disagree, but that’s what the view will be ‘in the game’, he will without doubt be in line for other second tier jobs.

It is exactly what Mick McCarthy said to me last year - TM is highly regarded as a safe pair of hands in the inner circus of the game. 

But dogshit is dogshit wherever it gets onto your shoe, so I'd be happy to start with a clean pair of heels next season. Regardless of where TM goes, a manager with fire in his belly, a plan in his head and half a footballing brain should be able to get a better and more consistent tune out of whatever remains when the Dark Gurning Lord has departed.

Run along now, Tony. Go on now... But Judan Ali? He can kiss my swingers

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Gav said:

How do you come to that conclusion, his current team have been challenging for promtoion all season and still are?

Come on Gav, I don't think there is ANYONE that numb to think there is any interest whatsoever in promotion down at Ewood. Even a mild flirtation with the idea is only a prospect in the infinitesimally unlikely event that our 'competitors' for a top 6 berth fluff their lines - with the momentum that teams like Boro and Forest, Luton, Sheff Utd & Huddersfield have got, there isn't an icecube in hell's chance that Rovers will get back into the top 6 once we drop out this week.

Promotion, by the way, is the thing that happens to the best teams at the END of the season - not mid-season, and especially not following a spectacular Kuqi-esque nose-dive out of form like Rovers have had.

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Need the owners to get something right for once by calling their bluff. You have interest from elsewhere do you? Off you pop.

It's important we get Mowbray and Waggott out ASAP. I look at the training ground debacle and them wanting to build houses on it. The rumoured downgrading of the Academy. The pair of them being content with mid table and trying to play the role of noble gentlemen by saving the owners' money. The Hedges signing where Darren Mowbray is on the other end of it. These guys aren't good for our club as they appear to have other motives, not the success of the football club. We're second in the league in Jan and Mowbray says promotion did not cross his mind one iota. That says it all for me. I couldn't give one about the nice guy crap. How many other managers is the 'what a nice guy' stuff brought out for? Where else do you hear that? The sooner they are gone, the better, and take Venus with you too.

I agree with Matty that the view from the outside is 'what a fantastic job Mowbray has done' and 'how difficult he has had it'. I've seen and heard such comments from neutrals. They don't follow us week in week out though to know what it's really been like. If Stoke or West Brom are interested, they would be doing us a big favour by taking him, IMO.

I want to hear more info about Darren Mowbray, what's his involvement in the Hedges transfer?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Come on Gav, I don't think there is ANYONE that numb to think there is any interest whatsoever in promotion down at Ewood.

Welcome back.....😉

As you know, my reply was to Rigger, who believed Mowbray managing another team in the championship would automatically exclude them from any promotion campaign, which doesn't make any sense whatsoever, as we've been in the promotion places all season and remain so.

Edited by Gav

Reflections on a fairy tale year in which Blackburn Rovers led the Premier League in 2022/23.

When Sam Gallagher found a golden ticket in his Rice Krispies to win a free flight into space with Jeff Bezos in the summer of 2022, few would have thought it would be the catalyst for newly promoted Blackburn Rovers' hurtling back into the football stratosphere - and to the top of the Premier League, where they have not been since the mid-1990s.

After much negotiation between player and his English football club employers, Gallagher accompanied Amazon-billionaire Jeff Bezos and four paying billionaires to outer space on June 22st 2022. His manager had expressed concern that Gallagher should not sit too centrally in the space craft, whilst most Blackburn Rovers fans had hoped that he might be released permanently to enjoy a new career.

As it was, Gallagher became the first professional footballer in space and even enjoyed a kick about with a football with Bezos, both famously wearing cow boy hats and gesturing the Amazon arrow trademark with wide smiles. Those who saw these events, which was less than anticipated, given the nuclear bomb alerts declared globally, were moved to tears as Gallagher controlled a floating ball with his instep, on the third attempt. 

Despite the grumbling of Rovers fans, Gallagher returned to the club. His space training appeared to have done him no harm, though the experience had left an indelible psychological mark. He soon changed his name to Sam Gallagher-Gaia. The Gaia, he said, coming from Greek mythology and being the female deity representing Earth. His newfound status earned him a place on a UN delegation to Ukraine and he was appointed a governmental advisor on culture.

The incredible story of the obscurely average English football player's rise to global attention was only starting, as he began the 2022/23 Premier League football season in incredible form. The striker-cum-winger scored twenty-eight goals in his first eighteen games and was suddenly being courted by the world's biggest club .

Gallagher-Gaia, however, remained loyal to the club that had stuck with him through his doldrum years. Delighted fans debated whether it was the aura of Jeff Bezos, participation in international diplomacy or manager, Tony Mowbray's training ground work which was the key reason behind the stunning transformation. There was no doubt that he had found new confidence and transformed beyond recognition - scoring all his goals from the right winger role, where he had previously looked ill at ease.

Things changed, however, after the midway part of the season. In the January transfer window, Jeff Bezos organised another space flight and invited Gallagher-Gaia, who was now a close friend and business partner to the billionaire. Despite protestation from his club, who were leading the Premier League, Gallagher-Gaia insisted on going, stating that the new mission could inspire the world to step back from the brink of disaster.

Manager, Tony Mowbray, snapped up Ian Poveda on loan, for the second time, but otherwise persisted with his revolutionary false attack tactic, involving non-wingers as wingers and a non-forward as the lone forward. The tactic had been mimicked across the league and had even been the subject of a major study by Stanford University.

However, without Gallagher-Gaia, who was now floating in outer space with, incidentally, Roman Abramovich, Rovers began to lose game after game. They looked disjointed and could not score goals. The perennial Rovers death spiral seemed to be in effect. Other teams began to catch up with the league leaders. Some began to wonder aloud whether a full back should be playing on the wing.

Pressure was mounting on manager, Tony Mowbray. Gallagher-Gaia returned from space an even bigger global hero but seemed distracted, perhaps, by talk of Hollywood film of his life - or perhaps, the real threats of nuclear war and climate change, putting in performances reminiscent of his old days. The manager criticised his players for being young and naive and letting the pressure get to them.

With Rovers falling off top spot, Mowbray stepped up the false position tactics, throwing defenders up front. He called for a pack mentality. "When lions hunt the gnu," Mowbray said, "they work together. They don't bother about who stands on the rock and who runs around. They hunt together and get the job done."

Rovers finished the season a respectable eighth place. Gallagher-Gaia was subject to a bidding war, won by Real Madrid. And Tony Mowbray retired, deciding to go out on a high and to spend more time with his chickens.

Football makes you do bizarre things.

Edited by riverholmes

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Welcome back.....😉

As you know, my reply was to Rigger, who believed Mowbray managing another team in the championship would automatically exclude them from any promotion campaign, which doesn't make any sense whatsoever, as we've been in the promotion places all season and remain so.

What has our position this season, got to do with a different club next season. Oh and by the way it has taken five seasons to be challenging for promotion, and we haven't been in the promotion places all season.

• Like 2

West Brom would be insane to get rid of a proven results driven manager in Bruce and appoint a muddled thinker like Mowbray.

They need promotion and quickly and there aren't many with a better record than Bruce. Mowbray not so much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Welcome back.....😉

Yes, sorry Gav - I'm not trolling you, or Rigger, just voicing my opinion that Rovers have not really demonstrated promotion credentials other than for a short purple patch when Diaz was scoring for fun... and oh yeah, what happened to the golden boots he must have been wearing? He's swapped em for lead, and hence we are sinking faster than a fart in a diving bell.

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Head of Recruitment at Aberdeen and Mowbray's brother. A signing rushed through when we could have got him on a free in the summer. He's barely featured as he needs to "learn how we play" and Mowbray admits he doesn't fit our system. It begs the question why we were so eager to pay a fee. He's not a signing with promotion in mind.

A favour done for a Mowbray family member, allegedly.

Probably loan him out or sell him back to another Scottish club in summer.

Remember the Stokes 'sting'  %%%

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Need the owners to get something right for once by calling their bluff. You have interest from elsewhere do you? Off you pop.

It's important we get Mowbray and Waggott out ASAP. I look at the training ground debacle and them wanting to build houses on it. The rumoured downgrading of the Academy. The pair of them being content with mid table and trying to play the role of noble gentlemen by saving the owners' money. The Hedges signing where Darren Mowbray is on the other end of it. These guys aren't good for our club as they appear to have other motives, not the success of the football club. We're second in the league in Jan and Mowbray says promotion did not cross his mind one iota. That says it all for me. I couldn't give one about the nice guy crap. How many other managers is the 'what a nice guy' stuff brought out for? Where else do you hear that? The sooner they are gone, the better, and take Venus with you too.

I agree with Matty that the view from the outside is 'what a fantastic job Mowbray has done' and 'how difficult he has had it'. I've seen and heard such comments from neutrals. They don't follow us week in week out though to know what it's really been like. If Stoke or West Brom are interested, they would be doing us a big favour by taking him, IMO.

Is there room in the taxi for Lowe and Benson. Park can go in the boot. Job done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Head of Recruitment at Aberdeen and Mowbray's brother. A signing rushed through when we could have got him on a free in the summer. He's barely featured as he needs to "learn how we play" and Mowbray admits he doesn't fit our system. It begs the question why we were so eager to pay a fee. He's not a signing with promotion in mind.

A favour done for a Mowbray family member, allegedly.

Honest Tony did a big favour for his old pal Pears so he kind of had to do his brother one too.

The tip of the iceberg.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DE. said:

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't be remotely concerned about Mowbray managing a Championship rival if our goal was promotion.

Well if he went back to WBA and got a big budget it would be interesting to see if his methods worked under those circumstances. Because he'll certainly never change he's always done and said the same things and if they did work it would prove our ownership real fools again.

If they didn't work then it would prove a lot of the theories of the past 4 years correct.

I still think it's nothing more than the latest rouse to get him another good deal here sharpish.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gav said:

How do you come to that conclusion, his current team have been challenging for promtoion all season and still are?

Half a season Gav. Since the beginning of the year we've been about as challenging as Scrappy Doo.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, 47er said:

One part of me would be just relieved that he's gone. A second part would be furious that signing three players who've been seeking a new deal involves a conflict of interest, especially if Waggot went with him, a third part of me looks forward to him ruining someone else's players.

Anyway, if this scenario unfolds it will at last stop people saying what a decent bloke he is.

If Waggott went with him that'd be like every Christmas and Birthday rolled into one. Please tell me Venkys are going with them too.

• Like 2

Strikers on the wing, defensive midfielders up front, left backs on the right wing. IF Mowbray landed a decent championship club and had a war chest at his disposal it wouldn’t matter one jot with his tactical prowess.

He has the cult of Tony Mowbray here he won’t want to give that up lightly. I can’t see it ending well for him if he got the Stoke or West Brom job and his opening gambit was to tell their fans about how difficult and long his journey is with the implication they’re lucky to have him.

• Like 3