BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

6 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think thats letting him off lightly,he looks a proper **** with a face you want to headbutt😉

The problem with that sort of comment is that it deflects from the main issue which is that whether he is a plant or a genuine account he is talking absolute Horlicks. 

That main point is then further diluted by people like Paul chipping in feeling sorry for him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gav said:

Hypothetical of course.

If they provide funds to a new manager, but refused to provide funds to a manager and team sat in 2nd place in January with the best chance of promotion in 11yrs.

What do you draw from that Simon?

From the January window , I drew that it was not one that you would expect from a Club with any genuine aspirations of promotion.

Far from it.

However IF they made an impressive appointment like Farke or Dyche and funded him properly I wouldn't draw any adverse conclusion from that. I'd be more inclined to think they'd learned from their mistake in January.

If however they give Mowbray a new deal or make a really disappointing appointment in the Woodgate ilk I'd be more inclined to start coming round to your point of view that we will never prosper under there ownership despite what might be promised to the contrary.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating at the end of the day.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

From the January window , I drew that it was not one that you would expect from a Club with any genuine aspirations of promotion.

Far from it.

However IF they made an impressive appointment like Farke or Dyche and funded him properly I wouldn't draw any adverse conclusion from that. I'd be more inclined to think they'd learned from their mistake in January.

If however they give Mowbray a new deal or make a really disappointing appointment in the Woodgate ilk I'd be more inclined to start coming round to your point of view that we will never prosper under there ownership despite what might be promised to the contrary.

"I'd be more inclined to start coming round to your point of view that we will never prosper under there ownership despite what might be promised to the contrary.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating at the end of the day"

F#@#ing hell Rev we've been served this shitty pudding and promises since 2010, how've you managed to breathe with your head in the sand this long.

This will keep going on until there's nothing left to salvage!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Far from it.

I do struggle with it taking any supporter  11yrs to reach a conclusion on these owners, but the rest of your post is certainly one from the Rev I know.

If they appointment Dyche or Farke I’d be astounded, even I would have to concede ground in the other direction if that was to happen. 

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

And that is where he should be.

He talks about managing a club with clout for the Prem yet hes been telling everyone he's a development coach. 

Says he isn't burnt out yet as long ago as 2019 he was moaning about managers needing mid season breaks. 

He's constantly prattled on about being away from home, funnily enough usually in a bad run never a good one.

The guys double speak is insane at times so i'd assume a job like Hartlepool would be great for him. Near home, plod away and develop lower league players, little pressure and somewhere like that he's a big name. That should appeal to his ego, come on 'Pool make him an offer he can't refuse.

No chance he’ll go to a Hartlepool, League 2? His ego wouldn’t allow it.

Like I put on a different thread yesterday, remember when he said he wouldn’t manage even in League 1 again as he ‘doesn’t enjoy it and it doesn’t fit his style of management’.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

I'm still expecting an announcement in a months time declaring Tony Mowbray will be staying on for another three years. 

Me too.

The outside bet is TM goes to DoF and a puppet comes is as manager in name only.

I also recall him dismissing winning L1 as a non-event and in a single moment insulting Wigan, their fans and every club in history who have won a lower division.

No wonder he and his agent mates use the word 'entitled' quite a bit. They are masters of it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I also recall him dismissing winning L1 as a non-event and in a single moment insulting Wigan, their fans and every club in history who have won a lower division.

Like most of the posters on here, its well documented that promotion from league 1 was below them.

I was just looking at the sky bet list.

There are no foreign managers in there.

Not one.

Yes a few foreigners who are already established managers in England e.g. Farke.

But no foreign upcoming managers as Farke once was.

Nobody from that unimaginative list.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I was just looking at the sky bet list.

There are no foreign managers in there.

Not one.

Yes a few foreigners who are already established managers in England e.g. Farke.

But no foreign upcoming managers as Farke once was.

Nobody from that unimaginative list.

You've got to remember that the list on there is the list the bookies have come up with, not the club.

Our list is probably even less imaginative.

Mowbray

Pulis

• Like 4

You're going to end up disappointed and wrong if you continue taking any notice of betting odds. If you don't believe me how easy it is to change them, get a few mates to put money on an outsider.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So he should be. Ideal for him - close to his family.  If he wasn't interested then clearly the family angle he's been trotting out  is pure bollocks. 

LT today: ''I’m not playing the emotional game, but it is nice to be able to take your kids to school, drop them off, take your wife out for lunch and then go and pick them up. Do normal stuff that you don’t do when you’re in this job. To be able to do normal things is good.''

A lifestyle a bit like most of the population would like ........... if they had a choice.

I like the 'but', so Mowbray.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

LT today: ''I’m not playing the emotional game, but it is nice to be able to take your kids to school, drop them off, take your wife out for lunch and then go and pick them up. Do normal stuff that you don’t do when you’re in this job. To be able to do normal things is good.''

A lifestyle a bit like most of the population would like ........... if they had a choice.

Good little insight into football manager life there, very nicely remunerated, so can live the life of Riley between jobs…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

My god, did he really say that?