BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Cocu's derby County was a very very poor side, we beat them 3-0 here iirc and they were probably the worst team to come to Ewood that season. Clearly I'm not alone in my judgement of his managerial ability because he was sacked shortly afterwards and hasn't managed a team since. 

4 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

Cocu's derby County was a very very poor side, we beat them 3-0 here iirc and they were probably the worst team to come to Ewood that season. Clearly I'm not alone in my judgement of his managerial ability because he was sacked shortly afterwards and hasn't managed a team since. 

Don’t remember that one. His derby team beat us 3 0 at their ground just before covid cancelled everything. But yeah, can’t say it would be an appointment that would please me much 

24 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Just dont think we should be his latest bus stop, and if anything what has he achieved in all that time?

He’s just taken Braga to the latter stages of the Europa Cup, he’s way beyond Venkys reach anyway glen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

I also remember that derby side being shockingly bad before he got sacked.

However if you look at the rest of his managerial career it's got some positives. Won the league (3 times) and Cup with psv and got them to last 16 of champions league.

Fenerbache and derby look like disasters though. Wouldn't be my 1st choice but wouldn't start panicking if we did appoint him.

• Like 3

haha must be mistaking them for another side, nevertheless he wouldn't be up there for me, seem to remember the rot had set in for Derby under him although on the other hand it could've been a sign of the troubles that were coming for them.

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Nicko also claiming Spurs want Ash Phillips for £3m and West Ham lead race for Diaz at £15m

If nicko claimed it was sunny outside, I'd still take my umbrella 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

He’s just taken Braga to the latter stages of the Europa Cup, he’s way beyond Venkys reach anyway glen.

Sorry, but you paint yourself into a corner with your support of Mowbray (as you're entitled to) but then when you do single out a replacement manager you really fancy it's one of the most dubious looking candidates 🙈

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry, but you paint yourself into a corner with your support of Mowbray (as you're entitled to) but then when you do single out a replacement manager you really fancy it's one of the most dubious looking candidates 🙈

I suggest you have a read back, it was Nixon who mentioned Carlos Carva not me, I said he played good football at Braga, but do carry on.

Darren Moore eh 😂 Jesus Wept….

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gav said:

Liked the look of Braga. 

Nicko probably has the info from the agents’ side. 

£15m for BBD buys you his left leg. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Had more clubs than Nick Faldo, 19 managerial appointments in 24 seasons, does not sound like the solution to me.

If i was drawing up a list it would be,

Farke, Wagner and Nuno Santo.

Regarding other candidates, Ainsworth, without the rovers connections i'm not too sure he'd be high on that many list  its emotions over head. Done a decent job at Wycombe,  but rovers is a huge step up and I don't think this would be the right appointment.

Houghton, proven but is he an upgrade on TM, im not too sure.

All the above though would not matter, if we continue to operate in the manner we do.

Agree with the three best candidates and agree with the ainsworth comment.

the reason I, and many others champion ainsworth is most of us believe, in fact know, we will continue to operate in this manner and the three stand out candidates wouldn’t come or it wouldn’t last, under those circumstances, after kean, coyle , lambert, even Mowbray at least we all know what we are getting with ainsworth and it’s something I could support and get behind. 

His style of football isn’t for me but I like his passion , being a fan is a reason many tout him for the job but that in itself is almost good enough for me under this regime. The fact he has done miracles on a shoestring and competed with teams in a far better place financially, over a sustained period,  means he has the know how to get the best out of what he has at his disposal and the belief I have in the management structure here makes him the stand out candidate for me .

whilst there are far better managers  I don’t see many more suitable to the shit show we operate with

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

I suggest you have a read back, it was Nixon who mentioned Carlos Carva not me, I said he played good football at Braga, but do carry on.

Darren Moore eh 😂 Jesus Wept….

I won't bother going on... Because i do know how you like to sulk and tell the teachers. 😄

But ok 👍😊

What's wrong with Darren Moore though? (if you are looking in the up and coming uk managers market) 

A bit of join the dots here.

Carvalhal was plucked from relative obscurity to join Sheffield Wednesday after Chansiri took over and started throwing big money around to try and get promoted. Did a decent job - in two full seasons got into the play-offs both times including the final one year.

Also involved at Sheffield Wednesday around that time was Paul Senior, who as we all know had a short spell here at the time Mowbray arrived.

One of Carvalhal's signings at Sheff Wed was Lucas Joao, who joined us on loan whilst Senior was here (our only January signing despite staring relegation in the face)

Joao has since joined Reading, another club with strange goings on including remote foreign owners and odd transfer business and seemingly up to their eyeballs in FFP issues after heavy spending. Reading are on the look out for a new manager and Carvalhal was 'linked' to them.

Now he's 'linked' to us.

Seems to me that us, Sheff Wed and Reading have quite a lot in common. All recently taken over by foreign owners who appear to be clueless and completely out of sync with what the clubs need and want. All have had similar issues financially and with FFP. Similar names and faces turn up at each. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We need substance over style we had fancy possession football and it went nowhere.  Contrast to the first half of this season where we met fire with fire and for the first time in a long time had an actual playing identity more resembling a good championship outfit.

Said it time and time again you cannot football your way into finishing in the top 6 in this league unless you can buy good footballers.

10/10

40 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I won't bother going on... Because i do know how you like to sulk and tell the teachers. 😄

But ok 👍😊

What's wrong with Darren Moore though? (if you are looking in the up and coming uk managers market) 

The first part of your post sounds like you’re a 3yr old, but I’ll ignore that bollox.

The second part, is that Darren Moore who was relegated with Wednesday, has the biggest budget on the league 1 and only made the playoffs? 

Can you see the point being made here, where this is going?

Edited by Gav

34 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

But ok 👍😊

He’s not really up and coming, he’s been around a while.

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

There's no way we should be letting the  Phillips lad leave for that amount. If he's that good at a young age, then you'd want a damn sight more.  

Yep. It's important we don't sell Phillips imo.

BBD I'm a bit worried by. Didn't show much in the second half of the season. I'm normally dead set against selling any of our best players no matter what the cost but I'd be fairly ambivalent now if we got £20m for him.

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

The first part of your post sounds like you’re a 3yr old, but I’ll ignore that bollox.

The second part, is that Darren Moore who was relegated with Wednesday, has the biggest budget on the league 1 and only made the playoffs? 

Can you see the point being made here?

Only took over at Wednesday on 1st of March 2021 and was unable to stop them from going down but I'm sure you knew that.

Wonder who else that sounds like? Don't recall you blaming him for that here!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep. It's important we don't sell Phillips imo.

BBD I'm a bit worried by. Didn't show much in the second half of the season. I'm normally dead set against selling any of our best players no matter what the cost but I'd be fairly ambivalent now if we got £20m for him.

Agreed. Had a purple patch but we need more than that

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Only took over at Wednesday on 1st of March 2021 and was unable to stop them from going down but I'm sure you knew that.

Wonder who else that sounds like? Don't recall you blaming him for that here!

Even Darren Moore is beyond Venkys reach, so I think you’ll be disappointed on that one too.

Edited by Gav