BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Unless we are appointing a D of F or Sporting Director then we need an established operator in the dugout. 

There are too many issues and too much of a void for a rookie to be stepping into it and learning on the job and taking those sort of risks. It needs someone who knows the demands of working at a big club and of Championship football.

The risk would be drastically reduced if the owners installed a chairman, ceo, sporting director, board or similar who could run the club and let a younger or less experienced bloke focus on the team, but that isn't going to happen.

It's mental that we have this huge extra burden of managing the owners that the club has to take on.

Championship is ultra competitive and comes down to fine margins. The lack of clarity and lack of decision making that comes from the owners is a huge handicap we have.

If we do manage to get to the point where we interview the likes of Farke I will be very surprised if the good candidates want to take that on? Why risk your career on an obviously dysfunctional club when you can find another with engaged leadership and clear practical processes?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Obviously take with a pinch of salt as it's just a random twitter account but:

Screenshot_20220511-083248_Twitter.jpg

Initially come from the training ground guru account which seems pretty reputable, so fingers crossed we're finally seeing some movement and a club statement🤞.

20220511_084244.jpg

20220511_084258.jpg

• Like 1

Seen a post on twitter claiming that Venus is also leaving but Johnson and Lowe staying.

No surprises but if true forget about Farke, Dyche or anyone decent. Nobody like that will be told who he has to have on his staff

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Seen a post on twitter claiming that Venus is also leaving but Johnson and Lowe staying.

No surprises but if true forget about Farke, Dyche or anyone decent. Nobody like that will be told who he has to have on his staff

Maybe they are staying on for now, doesn't mean a new manager coming in can't bring his own staff and replace them. If all the coaches leave when Mowbray does there will be nobody left to keep things ticking over. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

If Lowe has to stay couldn't they just stick him in the youth setup seeing he came from there previously?

Presume Ben Benson will be staying too.

I'd be replacing Benson with Billy Mercer after Burnley got rid of him. He's done alright with Heaton and Pope there.

• Like 2

They could do a restructre i suppose and Johnson is more an analytical guy anyway i think.

If Putin struck Ewood with a nuke only one person would crawl out the hole and that would be Lowe.

Essentially just seems like a bibs and cones warm up man so easily redistributed,  I'm more interested in what the likes of Venus are doing.  Don't really have an issue now with Benson he's been around long enough to shake off the rookie tag.

Was a bit different when he's in there with a crap keeper and someone as raw as Raya but having Tommy K around takes it to a better level. Watched the pre match warm ups many times this season and they seem professional and thorough. A bit more like it was when John Keeley was doing it.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If anyone stays hopefully it's Johnson. I wouldnt say it's particularly unusual for somebody from the previous set up staying on. Kenny kept Tony Parkes on after all. Even the top guys like to have someone around who knows the club. 

13 hours ago, whalleyrover said:

Hopefully a statement from the club soon, Suhail just back from India

Hopefully some news this week then

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

Would be no surprise to see both Webber and Farke rock up at Ewood!

Well Mercer, I hope you are correct 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd be replacing Benson with Billy Mercer after Burnley got rid of him. He's done alright with Heaton and Pope there.

Bobby Mimms would be my choice 

25 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

@ground_guru is a very reputable source, so here's hoping it's finally over for TM at Rovers.

Now for an official announcement....

It's time for Rovers and Waggott to commilunicate to the Rovers fans whether its Written statement or video interview on Rovers TV about the plan going forward and what the footballing structure will be

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

@ground_guru is a very reputable source, so here's hoping it's finally over for TM at Rovers.

Interesting, you can never be sure when it comes to Twitter accounts.

15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

They are only posting what was originally posted by @LatestRovers

Yesterday was Tony Mowbray’s last day as Blackburn manager. Had meetings with staff/said goodbyes at Brockhall.

2 minutes ago, Craigman said:

They are only posting what was originally posted by @LatestRovers

Yesterday was Tony Mowbray’s last day as Blackburn manager. Had meetings with staff/said goodbyes at Brockhall.

They’re not. They were the original source of the news. Courtesy of @swanson in another thread:

5ECFB103-F431-453D-8788-503BA155AB4B.jpeg

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's time for Rovers and Waggott to commilunicate to the Rovers fans whether its Written statement or video interview on Rovers TV about the plan going forward and what the footballing structure will be

Plan going forward and footballing structure.

Two things I'd be surprised if there were at Rovers and certainly not an announcement to the public in May about.

It will be Grayson/Dunn, Adkins, Venus or Mowbray in the seat come pre-season having to work with Maggott and Suhail to rebuild the squad on a shoestring. No plan or structure to be seen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

On the brink of league one.....a massive 3 points from safety with only 15 games to claw it back. 

Whilst Coyle was certainly the main reason we were relegated and he left a poor side....Mowbray wasn't without fault. There was plenty of opportunity for him to keep Rovers up.

That’s another argument entirely I agree. 

• Like 1

Ground guru are very reputable. They’re always up to date with the backroom movements within clubs, broken a lot about our backroom team that have left in recent times.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Understudy to Tom Flowers for awhile

We've had some good goalies over the years.

Teddy Gennoe, Aled Kelly, Bud Friedel, Peter Robinson, Shane Given, Jock Filan.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hopefully some news this week then

Well Mercer, I hope you are correct 

Bobby Mimms would be my choice 

Well, according to Mr Nixon, there is still no plan. He just told you as much on Twitter. 
Do Venky’s even know the season’s ended?

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Better get him to spec savers - Dyche is currently in La Manga.

Is he?  Where do you get that from?

From the personal car registration, I'd be pretty sure it was a car owned by Dyche.