BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

7 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Sharpe, Nixon, and now Rovers have all stated the same thing: recruitment process has only just begun.

I wouldn't trust any of Sharpe, Nixon or Rovers into admitting/knowing when the recruitment process was starting.

Rovers are bound to claim they've only just started recruiting.

It's like your divorce becomes messier when your wife realises you were recruiting her replacement before you split up.

Edited by LeftWinger
  • Like 6

Fans are desperate for a decent manager to come in, I get that. Its been 11yr+ of absolute pain and agony for us all, I get it, but let’s be realistic here. We have only a snowballs chance in hell of attracting Dyche or Farke, managers that are looking for Premiership appointments on big money and nothing we have to offer will attract them to Ewood.

As a famous dingle once said, after a 5-0 tonking at Ewood, it’s minis vrs Ferraris and we’re shopping for minis. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why have you now changed your stance again? You have shut me down basically every time I have said that we still have a manager in situ until stated otherwise on the official site, saying that we do have a vacancy and indeed have said with confidence that managers have been applying, that the process is ongoing to get a new manager and even believe that a 6 man shortlist has been made!

So to turn the question, why does it matter if there is any news?

Well the news of Mowbray's departure has now been confirmed. You happy now?

Imagine this, Farke's agent push his name in March, claiming to help us make playoffs as we freefall. Venky's like this idea. But wait, Venky's think 'shit we've been done over by agents in the past actually... we're not falling for that again! Hire someone with previous promotions, worked with youth, someone left field, with no ties to agents, Malky Mackay.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agree to disagree - he's not going to get another PL job.

His card is marked with regards to style of play. He'll have to take another Championship club up again if he wants to manage at the elite level 

Possibly, but Allardyce got enough Prem jobs, for a very long span of time, playing dour stuff.

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Fans are desperate for a decent manager to come in, I get that. Its been 11yr+ of absolute pain and agony for us all, I get it, but let’s be realistic here. We have only a snowballs chance in hell of attracting Dyche or Farke, managers that are looking for Premiership appointments on big money and nothing we have to offer will attract them to Ewood.

As a famous dingle once said, after a 5-0 tonking at Ewood, it’s minis vrs Ferraris and we’re shopping for minis. 

If Farke and Dyche are waiting for prem appointments then they've had their last gig.

I too would prefer a premier league managers job to my current one, not gonna get it am I.

17 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Sharpe, Nixon, and now Rovers have all stated the same thing: recruitment process has only just begun. Does that put paid to the Farke mid-March talks rumour?

Ideally need the next manager in before the end of the month. That gives him two months to sort things out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rovers did approach Farke's agent about taking over and whether he would be interested in the Job. This would be done secretly. 

I think we get 2 appointments in the next couple of weeks. 

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

...his contract ends in June, right?

The same Mark Warburton at QPR. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

If Farke and Dyche are waiting for prem appointments then they've had their last gig.

I too would prefer a premier league managers job to my current one, not gonna get it am I.

You’re a window cleaner not a football manager 😉

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If its been announced then he's off forget about 30th June his job has ended now.

I'd imagine the players are all off on their jolly's now which is why he cleared his desk yesterday.
Zero reason for him to come back in now. Focus needs to be on Farke!....who am I kidding with that one?!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Unfortunately this is not just going to be a question of those making the decision identifying the right person but then convincing them to work for Venkys, whose standing is football is low. Good people usually have a choice of where they can work.

Watford sack their manager every 5 minutes but don't have a problem replacing them.

££££ talks, if they pay the money they will get someone decent.

Mowbray just had 5 years here,plenty of managers would find that attractive.

• Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'd imagine the players are all off on their jolly's now which is why he cleared his desk yesterday.
Zero reason for him to come back in now. Focus needs to be on Farke!....who am I kidding with that one?!

He'll be off on his jollies now as well the 30th June stuff is just when he'll get paid until.

Nobody else's contract can start before then so there'll be a delay now even if they have someone set to come (unlikely).

No doubt we'll be hearing plenty from Mogster in the coming months when he's pimping himself for another job on SKY/Talkcrap etc.  We shouldn't be hearing anything from him now though in regards to being manager at Rovers or not so the LT will have to come up with something else.

Maybe hound Waggot and Pasha into fronting up that might be a good start.

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

This is the kind of negative thinking that allows our manager to say we can't possibly hope to compete with the likes of Middlesbrough, Sheffield United or any club on PL parachute payments and remind us that it's not 1994 anymore. 

We're constantly told the Rao family have more money than sense - they've written off £200m so far and show no signs of buggering off. SOMEONE needs to get in their ear and inform them that a quality managerial appointment will make 95% of their problems with Blackburn Rovers go away. 

I keep repeating myself, but it's a dream job for an experienced manager with a plan. You literally get to shape the entire set up (as there simply isn't any infrastructure). For me you shoot for the moon with Farke and Dyche. If those both fail you go with Ainsworth. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

With respect, this club has almost everything that a manager like Dyche or Farke would want from their next job.

Neither are likely to get a PL move, certainly not in the near future. Farke hasn't managed now since last year and had a spell in the Russian wilderness at Krasnodar, so he's nuts if he thinks a solid Championship club is beneath him,

This club SHOULD see decent managers queuing up. All the ingredients are there other than the ownership and board situation.

Other than the parachute clubs nobody in this league should be able to chuck money around.  We are also in the fortunate position of having sold Armstrong last summer and have Brereton this to cash in on to fund our overhaul.

The owners might decide to trouser the proceeds and go cheap and cheerful again which is more likely than not, but if they did wake up and do the right thing then we have plenty to offer.

• Like 5