BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

17 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

And farke is drifting in the betting now, first time in about a week he is no longer favourite 

carvahal and the one I told you to look out for - Ferguson now joint at 7/2

I was speaking to someone a few weeks ago who was adamant Ferguson had been interviewed about the job at Sparth House in Clayton Le Moors.

I didn't give it any credence at the time as the general consensus was we hadn't spoken to anyone at that point (apart from Mowbray)

Not sure how I'd feel about that. He'd certainly put a much needed rocket up a few arses but not sure if he's all that in terms of managerial ability ultimately.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

13 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Pete O’Rourke:

Carlos Carvalhal has emerged as one of the front-runners for the manager’s job at Blackburn Rovers and they can land the Braga boss without having to pay any compensations. It would be a real coup to land the Portuguese tactician. #Rovers #Braga

Ah.

So he's gone off Johnathan Woodgate has he?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was speaking to someone a few weeks ago who was adamant Ferguson had been interviewed about the job at Sparth House in Clayton Le Moors.

I didn't give it any credence at the time as the general consensus was we hadn't spoken to anyone at that point (apart from Mowbray)

Not sure how I'd feel about that. He'd certainly put a much needed rocket up a few arses but not sure if he's all that in terms of managerial ability ultimately.

Hope your talking about Alex 😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Ironically it looks like Sheff Weds was his longest ever spell as a manager too at 2 and a half years.

I'd definitely take him but find it a bit odd he only ever seems to stay at teams for 1-2 years, especially when he's managed a grand total of 19 different teams....

How long was Mowbray in jobs before Rovers? Can't be more than a few years from memory. 

Venus came a while after Mowbray so their contracts probably don't run in tandem.

If he is hanging around permanently though we have to wonder why and how much influence he has behind the scenes.

If Venus, Lowe, Benson or Johnson are staying, either because the club doesn't want to cough up to pay them off or because they are nice people who work hard and therefore can't be removed, then there's no point in worrying about who the new manager is.

It won't be anyone decent or with any credibility.

The players will be returning to Brockhall in 5 weeks time and it will be the same names, faces and voices telling them the same things as last year.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If Venus, Lowe, Benson or Johnson are staying, either because the club doesn't want to cough up to pay them off or because they are nice people who work hard and therefore can't be removed, then there's no point in worrying about who the new manager is.

It won't be anyone decent or with any credibility.

The players will be returning to Brockhall in 5 weeks time and it will be the same names, faces and voices telling them the same things as last year.

I reckon Damien Johnson will stay on in first team coach role. Rest will go when a new appointment is made. 

A new manager/head coach should be allow to bring in his own number 2, gk coach and fitness coach 

• Like 1

Looks like Nixon and the press have been reading my posts on Carlos Carvalhal.

He was loved at Hillsborough, but he spent a few quid in the process and ultimately failed at the final hurdle. He was also at the club when the owner got his maths wrong, sold the ground to himself which ended up with Wednesday getting a points deduction which sees them in the 3rd division today. 

He had the excellent Fernando Forestieri pulling the strings in midfield alongside Barry Bannan and just missed out on promotion, beaten by Steve Bruces Hull City in the final.

His Braga side this season have been excellent to watch, but he's spent over £10m in the past 2 season at Braga, he spent heavily at Hillsborough too.

Blackburn Rovers mid 2000's I'd have said Carvalhal was a good fit, but the skint shell of a club are today, I'd so no chance he would come here, he's got bigger fish to fry and a higher profile than Blackburn Rovers under these useless owners. 

39 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Mowbray stated Venus runs the club behind the scenes wherever he's been. Venkys might look back on his four years here and believe he's done a good job, and deserves to see out his contract at the very least (perhaps in a new capacity).

Only at Venky owned Rovers could the assistant coach be running inside of the football operation in a dual role, i wonder if he was on a dual wage.

If he's staying they should at least make him some kind of official DOF then he can step away completely from the first team day to day coaching etc.  Let a new manager have the space to operate with his own men otherwise if they leave things as it they might as well promote a player into the technical area.

33 minutes ago, Gav said:

His Braga side this season have been excellent to watch, but he's spent over £10m in the past 2 season at Braga, he spent heavily at Hillsborough too.

18/19 to 19/20 we spent £15m on players and we were absolutely dire to watch over that period.

What do you want him to do, turn down the money? His signings were actually quite similar to Mowbray over those seasons. He spent £7m on a youngster from a youth team (only he played for Barcelona not Forest), ours took over 3 seasons to reap his value so we'll see.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Only at Venky owned Rovers could the assistant coach be running inside of the football operation in a dual role, i wonder if he was on a dual wage.

If he's staying they should at least make him some kind of official DOF then he can step away completely from the first team day to day coaching etc.  Let a new manager have the space to operate with his own men otherwise if they leave things as it they might as well promote a player into the technical area.

I’d rather have him around the first team than anywhere near an executive position. *Cough* real estate *Cough*

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’d rather have him around the first team than anywhere near an executive position. *Cough* real estate *Cough*

A DOF should be just that and nothing more.

Heading up the ever expanding football operation inside the club and leaving the 1st team manager/coach to concentrate on that.  Anything above, beyond or outside that is nothing to do with him he shouldn't be trying to run the whole club that's the chocolate tea pot CEO's job, a board of directors and chairmans job at a normal club.

Venus won't be sticking around. The rest of the team (Lowe and Johnson) will depend on who we hire and who they want in their backroom. I'd hazard a guess both of those will also be gone.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Ye gods, that's the last thing they should do! A first team coach can do a lot less damage than a DOF. I'm certain the Assistant will be someone else. No point bringing in a new manager then letting a DOF from the old guard interfere with his vision for the club. 

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The opposite of Alf Ramsey as well.

Not that I am for one nanosecond comparing Mowbray to Sir Alf.

I think Sir Alf had a few more, and better, players to choose from.