BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Personally my opinion is Carlos Carvahal would be a great appointment for the club at this time.  A very charismatic person and has had some good sides at this level.  His team in Portugal have been punching well above their weight and for me he's the best of the bunch.  Bang him the Diaz coin plus 10m and let's have it👊👊

Grayson and I'd be physically 🤮

• Like 5

One thing we can be sure of is that whether we get Carvalhal or not, there is 0% chance of us having the full Brereton proceeds plus £10m! I can't see any chance of us having £10m OF the Brereton money or even close, never mind on top of.

This is as big a signal as any as to how Venkys have run us over the last 12 years, but if Burnley and us were interested, there is only one place where he would end up and it isnt here.

Big if at the moment, no indication that we have got close to an interview stage so any talk of favourites is surely premature.

Talk in the LT today of Lenihan and Nyambe's futures being dependant on the manager. So there could be big collateral damage from any typical Venkys delays.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing we can be sure of is that whether we get Carvalhal or not, there is 0% chance of us having the full Brereton proceeds plus £10m! I can't see any chance of us having £10m OF the Brereton money or even close, never mind on top of.

This is as big a signal as any as to how Venkys have run us over the last 12 years, but if Burnley and us were interested, there is only one place where he would end up and it isnt here.

Big if at the moment, no indication that we have got close to an interview stage so any talk of favourites is surely premature.

Talk in the LT today of Lenihan and Nyambe's futures being dependant on the manager. So there could be big collateral damage from any typical Venkys delays.

One thing I will say, if Burnley get relegated they are in big big trouble, wouldn't be surprised if they went into admin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

One thing I will say, if Burnley get relegated they are in big big trouble, wouldn't be surprised if they went into admin.

Many clubs have been predicted to go into admin following relegation and only the smallest of minorities do.

I appreciate that they have issues surrounding loan conditions but I am sure that they wont go into admin. They also have a series of assets that they would likely sell on and raise a significant amount, selling Pope, McNeil, Cornet, Taylor, Weghorst etc would raise quite a lot.

I don't see them going down anyway, Leeds will.

18 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Wow, I think playing our current players to their strengths, using a formula that works based on that.  We could be very very good.  One or two tweaks.  Yeah be good 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

As much as all of us enjoy the idea, Leeds are dire, and have lost two starters due to red cards. Everton appears safe. Burnley may be tied in pts with Leeds, but they have a big goal diff. 

4 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

As much as all of us enjoy the idea, Leeds are dire, and have lost two starters due to red cards. Everton appears safe. Burnley may be tied in pts with Leeds, but they have a big goal diff. 

So Leeds need one more point than Burnley get, not impossible. Spurs have a lot to play for, Villa will want to win their last home game. The only game I see Burnley getting point/ points,. is Newcastle. I can see Leeds picking up point/points in both their games.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, rigger said:

So Leeds need one more point than Burnley get, not impossible. Spurs have a lot to play for, Villa will want to win their last home game. The only game I see Burnley getting point/ points,. is Newcastle. I can see Leeds picking up point/points in both their games.

You’re crazy if you think Leeds are getting another point this season. There squad has been absolutely decimated by injuries and suspensions. 

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

So you dont see Leeds getting draws against Brighton and Brentford, I do. It's a game of opinions and everyone is entitled to theirs.

sorry hun xx

and no i dont (see what @Butty says)

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers are looking for Sporting Director and Head Coach. 

another something for us to mull over, lets narrow our contenders down to who has worked or will work within this model - hope it scares off some of the jokers we've been linked with, ie. Ferguson. Keane, Grayson, Woodhate, Carrick, Appleton etc...

Having a Sporting Director or similar may be more likely to attract a total novice like Carrick or Ferguson in that their role will have less responsibilities, although we all hope for a Farke or a Carvalhal.

I do fear that not only will this lengthen the gap before any appointment but it also creates a second key position which with Venkys track record may well lead to a poor appointment.

You look at previous appointments under Venkys in a similar position, the last one was Senior who was here for a very short period, we signed a player from his agency and he slid off without trace as soon as we went down. It may increase the influence of agents etc.

• Like 2

"Interest in the job has been strong, with applications from managers all over the world, though no shortlist has yet been drawn up as Rovers take an open mind to their search."

Worth highlighting ahead of people coming to premature conclusions regarding whispers and betting odds. Miles away from an appointment.

• Like 1

An 'open mind' was phrased before the Coyle and Mowbray appointments !

Dangerous wording because knowing for months TM was off they should know exactly who or at least what they want to replace him with.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

An 'open mind' was phrased before the Coyle and Mowbray appointments !

Dangerous wording because knowing for months TM was off they should know exactly who or at least what they want to replace him with.

That's just standard recruitment speak to be fair.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"Interest in the job has been strong, with applications from managers all over the world, though no shortlist has yet been drawn up as Rovers take an open mind to their search."

Worth highlighting ahead of people coming to premature conclusions regarding whispers and betting odds. Miles away from an appointment.

Probably. But if the right (wrong for us) agent gets in their ear then they funnily enough move very swiftly, with it all done behind the curtains too.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!