BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

12 minutes ago, bradford rover said:

I did not renew my season ticket last season because of Mowbray.... I nearly took up the half season offer but because of work dates clashing with fixtures I  declined .  Which as it turned out was a blessing I have been waiting on the manager appointment  as to whether I get mine and  2 daughter's tickets and am still waiting. But the last few days has really been a wake up call it seems we are still an amateur set up ... I hope I am wrong but I fear the worse and will not buy season tickets u nless we appoint a manager who we can believe in , sad but my money my choice and hard a decision as it is I really am struggling to be motivated my club seems lost .

So how do you define a manager you believe in, a big name who might not get it right or a rookie who might do it.

We’ve no idea who can take us to the next level, must have been loads of Forest fans last year like you,waiting for a name manager before renewing and they got one in Hughton, disaster, sacked but they certainly got it right with Cooper.

Cant see the point in waiting for a manager before renewing, you either renew or you don’t, because whoever it is you don’t know which way it’s going to go.

• Like 3

You can say that across the board that you dont know for sure, in theory we could appoint Kean or Coyle again and there would be slither of a chance of a succesful season.

But the prices Rovers charged and the time you need to dedicate to go every other week means that some people will be unsure from the start whether to renew. A cheap appointment not only reduces the chances (not eliminates) of success but it might also feel like a further slap in the face after 12 years that the penny still hasnt dropped and likely never will.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

No I don’t but beat in mind tv money is a tad over £9m plus a further payment from Southampton and then use a bit of arithmetic 

Oh good, all our operating costs and player wages have vanished? That's good then, yeh it'll be a nice healthy transfer budget then.

We had TV money and a payment from Southampton last year. Result? We spent about 500k and had to sell the training ground for 8 figures to avoid FFP.

• Like 2

I don't believe for one second we've actively pursued the likes of Farke or Carlos. Used their names, yes, reps speaking to reps and leaking it on purpose, yes. Seriously pursuing or they seriously wanting to come here without cast iron guarantees, no chance.

Just window dressing i think if they actually sounding out anyone it might just be Ainsworth and that could explain the delay.  His season not long ended so he'll want a break. Meanwhile clubs have to sort out modest compo, his demands shouldn't be off our scale. Also he'll probably work with what is here aside from maybe his own number 2,

QPR gig has gone as well.

I think this is as goof as we should hope for beyond an Adkins or Woodgate.

• Like 4

I don’t know anything, but I think the chances   of getting a great manager at our club, with this bunch running things, are slim and none, and Slim is here in Texas.

We will get a slap-dick, who succeeded years ago at a Championship or League 1, or not at all. I think the odds of getting a young, up & comer with great ideas and personal magnetism, are 100 to 1. More likely we get more slack-jawed stares from some yokel in the mold of Mowbray.  

• Like 4

I'm getting tired of the financial excuses too. Only a matter of time now before we get the twitterati out telling everyone how due to our limited income Mowbray was the best we could hope for, how we could never afford better, never afford to bring in a new management team or back them in the transfer market.

Anyone hazard a guess how much our wage bill will be come July with our threadbare squad (compared to what it was in the summer of 2020) - it has been demolished. 

Anyone else bring in £10 million+ net from trading last season? 

Anyone else going to have to sell another £15 million player this summer?

Top end ticket prices, billionaire owners, excess of £15 million losses a year and I am still supposed to accept we can't afford to do better than this?

• Like 9

Since the start of 2016, Pardew's collective managerial record at Crystal Palace, West Brom, ADO Den Haag, and CSKA Sofia is 11-17-42.

A 15.7% win record and 0.71 points/game, which translates to 33 points in a 46 game Championship season...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Wow, some fantastic mental gymnastics there to absolve the owners from any blame. Anybody else and I’d say it was a parody.

Indeed this farce of an appointment process is all a Swag ruse to, *checks notes*, try and sell Brockhall again.

End of the day whatever depths this club falls too, it is never the fault of the people that owned it for 12 years in your eyes. Such a strange devotion you have to them, and you won’t ‘be out’ for a second if Pardew is appointed, you’ll just put the blame on the powerless pen pusher that is Waggott and spend Pardew’s tenure lamenting how he’s wasting the cash and taking advantage of our generous and benevolent backers, who presumably are hostages in their own business to these managers that seemingly appoint and then keep on themselves.

In answer to both you and Miller no mental gymnastics at all. If we end up with a dire appointment then ultimately blame lies at the owners feet as it's their name over the door.

Not having it that it's nothing to do with Waggott however. He's the one who selects candidates for interview, narrows it down to shortlists (or extends it to long lists) and makes recommendations to the owners.

Would the owners actually veto a really strong recommendation from him of someone he assured them was the outstanding candidate? I've absolutely no idea but it seems a fairly popular view on here that the owners are so disinterested that they have no idea at all what's happening down at Ewood. If that were the case, would they be invested enough to veto said strong recommendation?

Not saying you're guilty of this personally but people can't have the argument both ways, you can't say 99 9% of the time that they're not even aware we've played on any given day etc, then when something really bad happens pin the blame 100% on them and absolve those on the ground at Ewood of any responsibility.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Why the constant sly digs at your fellow fans on here? What’s your problem? 

I suspect he is realizing he’s been had. Someone at the club may be saying things to certain people, that are being taken at face value, only not turning out the way they were told. Hope I’m wrong, but the whole scale changes that are going to transform the club, are looking very unlikely.

34 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

Since the start of 2016, Pardew's collective managerial record at Crystal Palace, West Brom, ADO Den Haag, and CSKA Sofia is 11-17-42.

A 15.7% win record and 0.71 points/game, which translates to 33 points in a 46 game Championship season...

Sounds like the stand out candidate then. Stands out for the wrong reasons, but stand out non the less.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think he knows something or is in with the spivs who most certainly do.

His retention through so many managerial changes should be impossible in the modern football world.

Benson - no comment, it would not end well .....

If I was in a position, where I knew something and had no feelings for the club, a simple trend bucking refusal to sign a non disclosure agreement, could mean a job for life, or at least a job for as long as I wanted one. 

22 minutes ago, lraC said:

I suspect he is realizing he’s been had. Someone at the club may be saying things to certain people, that are being taken at face value, only not turning out the way they were told. Hope I’m wrong, but the whole scale changes that are going to transform the club, are looking very unlikely.

Yeah he does seem that way out. Chill out pal and enjoy the Jubilee 😉 @1864roverite

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

I honestly don't understand why. Yeah, a bit uninspiring, but he's overwhelmingly a Premier League manager.

Blimey, Mike really?

I'd see him as being as close to a clone of Mowbray as you could get tbh.

Arrogant and obnoxious, thick skinned, history of good runs followed by worse death spirals and no particular success to speak for 7 years.

I'm not going to refer to him as a "candidate" as I'm hoping him leaving his last job and our managerial vacancy are two mutually exclusive events which have just coincided at the same time.

Worst name mentioned bar none so far for me though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

They are not organised enough for window dressing. Window dressing would also imply they gave a shit what people think of them - they don’t. 

There’s no secret plan, no secret strategy, no hidden nefarious intent, they really are just useless. Just completely and utterly useless.

They inherited some chicken farms, a lot of land and a hell of a lot of money. That doesn’t make them business people. 

They’ve owned a football club for over ten years. It doesn’t mean they’ve learned anything, absolutely anything, about running a football club. 

We’ve seen them interviewed - yes they really are completely stupid, totally dysfunctional, quarrelling siblings. Proper, bona fida, thick as two short planks, super dumb, very, very rich and over-privileged idiots. That is all there is to see here - incompetence, disinterest and idiocy, 

However, we still have one hope with the managerial appointment - luck! 

My exact feeling too, Daddy was a businessman man who left them fail safe businesses that even they couldn't mess up. This one they did set up is getting up to 1/4 Billion pound losses and counting!! They don't have a clue, all this talk of "insiders" here, they've never made any real decisions other than to hard ball selling of players. Any other club would have potted Mowbray in March and Waggott well after the season he actually drove fans away from wanting to buy a ticket on the day of matches. 

• Backroom
4 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Is that what you're basing your theory of not hearing the last of him on? Or... have you heard he's coming along with Asombalonga?

Assombalonga was legit and I still believe that to this day. My source back then worked at Rovers (doesn't now) 

Edited by Madon
Asked to remove part of it
  • Like 1

Benni would surprise all of you if should be appointed manager. Wouldn't be as dull and boring as Mowbray, and he ain't afraid at having a go at everybody including the officials 🤣 

At least we will have a season of pure entertainment