BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im guessing that you wouldnt be happy with Pearce, Cocu or Woodgate for example?

What are judging Pearce? He has just been on the coaching staff of a team that finish 7th in the PL. So maybe he has learnt alot and would adapt his tactics and style of play from his spell at Forest for example. I just don't have the evidence to say what he would do here in charge cos of when his last spell as number 1 was years ago. 

On Cocu, Finish 9th with Derby and above us that season. Plus has 3 Dutch league titles under his belt so is a capable coach. His style at PSV was different to the style he played at Derby. So I would if he might be worth a shot. 

On Woodgate, Wouldn't be the best choice for me, and I do wonder who his agent is. Was awful at Boro and He got a playoff with Bournemouth. I think he might be better number 2 than the main head coach. 

Since you seen my asking my questions here a question for you, What other options are there out there then if you think that list I posted is dross given what we know is that we want a out of work head coach and someone who will work with some of the existing staff? 

28 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Haven't read the thread today but it appears from the most recent posts that we are down to the dregs?

Honestly, nobody knows.

It's been radio silence besides the Portuguese bloke heading to UAE - just the board whipping itself into a frenzy, as per.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rover23 said:

If he agrees to work with the existing back room staff I’d imagine so. Can’t be too expensive, he’ll be on a L1 salary.

Isn’t he tied into a long contract though?

12 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sparkys special weapon at the time was his coaching team though, they dragged our coaching and training methods into the 21st century and had the players so fit, motivated and prepared that they could hold their own against anybody. 

(obviously as well as have a first team core of top international players at the peak of their careers)

A good point and an interesting debate can be had here.

Ferguson has been working with Prem players in a Prem set up so you'd expect him to improve this side of things.

Often feel we are very much the bog standard Championship set up and follow the bog standard coaching systems for our level. I think they worked hard under Mowbray and it looked professional enough from the outside.  However we often moaned we needed new ideas and drive and less friendly uncle.

I don't think Ferguson would be lacking in this dept but he'd need to put together his own backroom so that they are singing from same hymn sheet.  Anything or than allowing a new guy to do this they might as well just promote from within or give Mowbray a ring.

No point changing unless you actually change, new broom etc.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d love Farke…but I’d also be ready to give a chance to Ainsworth, Ferguson or Manning if they were appointed.

Liam Manning might be an interesting choice if Rovers are actually willing to pay Compo. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rule Neil Critchley out for the next head coach role here as he has leave Blackpool as head coach to become assistant at Villa under Steven Gerrard

So Blackpool now want a new head coach. 

Club Statement: Neil Critchley | Blackpool Football Club (blackpoolfc.co.uk)

What a bizarre thing to do, main man at a club and doing a decent job in the Championship to being second in command at club that’s just finished 14th in the PL.

Money talks, obviously.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Honestly, nobody knows.

It's been radio silence besides the Portuguese bloke heading to UAE - just the board whipping itself into a frenzy, as per.

If it’s true that, as reported, we refused Carvalhal’s request to bring in his own back room staff, that will rule out many decent possible candidates.

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A good point and an interesting debate can be had here.

Ferguson has been working with Prem players in a Prem set up so you'd expect him to improve this side of things.

Often feel we are very much the bog standard Championship set up and follow the bog standard coaching systems for our level. I think they worked hard under Mowbray and it looked professional enough from the outside.  However we often moaned we needed new ideas and drive and less friendly uncle.

I don't think Ferguson would be lacking in this dept but he'd need to put together his own backroom so that they are singing from same hymn sheet.  Anything or than allowing a new guy to do this they might as well just promote from within or give Mowbray a ring.

No point changing unless you actually change, new broom etc.

Kiddo was working with Prem players in a Prem set up under one of the best managers that has ever been but he was clueless when he got here.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rule Neil Critchley out for the next head coach role here as he has leave Blackpool as head coach to become assistant at Villa under Steven Gerrard

They will still appoint a manager quicker than us

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What a bizarre thing to do, main man at a club and doing a decent job in the Championship to being second in command at club that’s just finished 14th in the PL.

Money talks, obviously.

He'll be assistant manager at Liverpool in a couple of years time when Gerrard takes over from Klopp

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wow, what a strange move! It must be money motivated?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He'll be assistant manager at Liverpool in a couple of years time when Gerrard takes over from Klopp

Yep, that's the way to do it. Hitch your wagon to a rising managerial star while keeping your head below the parapet and out of the limelight. Happens all the time in other sectors and football's no different. No brainer for Critchley

As been's stated, what's the betting Blackpool get a new boss before us? 

4 minutes ago, adopted scouser said:

😁 just thought I’d pop in after all these years! Hope you are okay pal and debs too. Can’t believe that music Association thread is still going, 22,000 replies 😂😂

Good to hear from you pal, yes all well, hope you and yours are too.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Liverpool aren’t the romantic ‘boot room’ club of old, but a highly efficient organisation with ruthless US owners. They’ll have their pick of world managers, so why would Fenway Sports Group of Boston choose a bang average one in SG?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Money talks, obviously.

Most likely to vanish from being an actual manager now, not the easiest bridge to cross again. Maybe that's what he wanted, might not like the limelight and pressure.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Welcome Mark Warburton! 

Said not one Rovers fan. 

Yet. 

Best put a £100 on it to soften the blow in case. 

TBF, he would be sensible choice but not someone I was hoping for to take us to the next level and promotion.  Also like another Mowbray type. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 4