BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Stevie Walsh was my PE teacher at school, in those days he was scouting for local clubs in his spare time. Solid football man and good bloke.

I think he went on to become head scout at Chelsea before becoming assistant manager at Leicester. He scouted Mahrez and Kante. He then went on to sporting director at Everton.

He's not to be confused with the other Steve Walsh who was captain of Leicester.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ChrisyG said:

Stevie Walsh was my PE teacher at school, in those days he was scouting for local clubs in his spare time. Solid football man and good bloke.

I think he went on to become head scout at Chelsea before becoming assistant manager at Leicester. He scouted Mahrez and Kante. He then went on to sporting director at Everton.

He's not to be confused with the other Steve Walsh who was captain of Leicester.

Oh thank god.

If he knows a good player might know a good manager lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Im confused. Did you actually have to pay for that non disclosure or is it designed to entice some mugs into paying for something else?

Nope, that’s the PPV offering. 

14 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Facebook brigade all over ferguson coming in, I think he’d be the final straw for me. He’s a thug I can’t get behind that in anyway shape or form 

everyone makes mistakes,he`s not assaulted anyone for years,barring those two burglars he put in hospital

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Walsh did a great job at Leicester and terrible at Everton.

Think that would be an interesting appointment

Yep, weird one. He was incredibly highly regarded after the job he did at at Leicester then seemingly the wheels fell off at Everton.

Overall though, if true,  about as good as we could realistically expect for DOF and anything which marginalised Waggott's input will do for me.

• Like 3

Steve Walsh (the scout) is the brother of former Blackpool and Ireland forward Micky Walsh and Steve Walsh (the footballer) are both from the Chorley/Preston area and about the same age

Well, I thought it was interesting

• Like 5

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Steve Walsh (the scout) is the brother of former Blackpool and Ireland forward Micky Walsh and Steve Walsh (the footballer) are both from the Chorley/Preston area and about the same age

Well, I thought it was interesting

Boooooo!!!! 

Sorry, autopilot. 

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t wait until Farke does an interview saying he nearly joined an English team, but they went silent on him from 3pm on Wednesday.

I can't wait until Waggott turns up for the Farke unveil presser tomorrow. But Glen told me it was today. Has the Queen run this change by Madame ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Facebook brigade all over ferguson coming in, I think he’d be the final straw for me. He’s a thug I can’t get behind that in anyway shape or form 

As an accumulation of events over the past 12 years and considering the managers who were allegedly interested in the job appointing drunken Duncan would also be the final straw for me. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Waggot has obviously really sold the club during the interviews. Pathetic. 

One of two things i reckon

Easy option pushed by some agents close to the club, 3 guys at once, modest wages, jobs sorted in one go

or

It's absolutely bog all to do with him and scenario 1 is given to him from above.

2 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

All so predictably shambolic.

Waggott is stealing a living. 

To be fair this is probably the way it was always going to happen. We’ve got a 50/1 shot appearing out of nowhere on Wednesday morning. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Not having a dig at you but i don't see why people get so precious about stuff like this.

It was a long time ago he's no record i know of now for smacking people and he wouldn't have lasted so long in the position he has if he was a thug.  He's not in the cold calculated league of Roy Keane who should have been banned from football for life after his premeditated assault on Haaland.

Nor is he serial scumbag Joey Barton hell the guy has leathered 2 burglars in his home on seperate occasions. He should get a bloody knighthood.

The snowflakery goes too far on here at times.

Having said that purely on a football level he wouldn't be my choice given the nature of what we've seen here before. However if he comes in i'd be 100% behind him.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was`nt against mowbray from the start tbh,only in his second season back in the championship did i start to see he was only here to top up his pension,some of the displays and his tactical moves where frankly lame,

Every manager has managed us for financial reasons. Even Ainsworth would be.

46 minutes ago, ChrisyG said:

How smart would you have to be to spot that Mahrez and Kante could play a bit ? It took me ten minutes of watching Mahrez.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s not exactly in demand after st johnstones campaign this year

We’re into ‘best of the rest’ territory unfortunately 

• Like 2