BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Just now, JHRover said:

Warnock sounds willing to come out of retirement to join Barnsley.

I'd rather give him a season and do this again next year than hand a 2-3 year deal to these dire names.

you were doing so well JHRover...  😉

46 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

the squeeky welsh git ?

cant stand him and his voice

Awful little man!

30 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Last man standing yet we don't like him. So back to square one? I give up on our 'administration'. Actually, I gave up on it some time ago.

As for Nathan Jones, I wouldn't want that t*sser anywhere near our club. Can't stand him.

Totally agree 

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

Couldn’t agree more - he’s an obnoxious little shit.

He can’t stand still; he’s either got some mental issues or he’s doing half a kilo of Columbia’s finest, pre-game.

I’d be ok with Ainsworth at this point. Different voice to TM, has lots of experience and is the kind of optimistic, positive personality that I think some of the young lads we have need.

The fact he’s a local boy and would get us up for the derbies is a nice bonus.

Should we do better? Absolutely.

But could we do worse? I think we all know the answer to that one.

I have a theory on this I thought he had ants in his pants & if we think TM was bad this guy's worse every 2 mins in the ear of the fourth official horrible little man. This process has been a fiasco 3 weeks before the end of the season they knew TM was leaving they wait 3 weeks till the end of the season then start their search they say they'll get back to both soon about the job wait a while both manager's go elsewhere disaster then they're scrambling around for manager's now 1 candidate says he’s desperate for the job but one person isn't sure next we're linked with another little man who's awful & they still can't decide if they'd approached Farke/Carvalhal 3 weeks ago we could've secured either early one because of their delay we've missed out on both now someone is desperate to join they don't know you couldn't make this up & proves they've learnt nothing in 12 years

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do wonder if the latter gets comparatively superior reactions simply because of this whole Rovers fan narrative?

I'm baffled by this comment lol.

Ainsworth has worked absolute wonders at Wycombe.

Had no budget a next to no academy so has always had to rely on players at the end of there career. No stand out players and turned the team from relegation to promotion on no budget.

Granted relegation in the championship, but again no money, shit team. Only relegated due to the dodgy stuff going on with Derby.

He plays football that will win matches and in my opinion that's all I care about.

With a good team and a little backing I think he'd be the man that COULD get us up. He's a winner.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Totally disagree. This idea of blind loyalty is so infutiating for any normal person who purchases a product based on its quality and value for money.  Okay, a football club is somewhat different because we are hugely nostalgic about loving the club our entire life, but ultimately if that club you pay to be part of is no longer representing the values you hold dear or doesn't even consider the feeling of complete detachment of its valuable stakeholders, then you can choose to walk away as many thousands already have over the past 11 years. 

The superfan guff does nothing other than confirm you have an over inflated opinion of yourself as some super Rovers fan, and a lack of imagination for what else you'd do every second Saturday.  It also assists in justifying every poor decision Waggott and the rest of the rabble make. 

A joke appointment would make a  Rovers ST even less palatable than the previous decade, make no mistake. 

Totally disagree, like you said supporting a football club is very different to everything else, it’s in the blood, all this crap about superfan etc does my head in, nobody should wait to see who the manager is before committing because whoever it it is could be a success or a total failure.

Ask Birdie if he’s waiting for a new manager before he renews, he’d look at you like you’re from a different planet.

Like I’ve said before,Forest signed up Hughton thought what an appointment,turned out a disaster, got Cooper in everything turned found.

All clubs are the same, a percentage who supports through thick and thin and the rest who thinks that they know which manager should be appointed before committing, at least I can say I’ve watched everything from bang average, crap and the sublime , not just jumped in different seasons when it’s going well..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm baffled by this comment lol.

Ainsworth has worked absolute wonders at Wycombe.

Had no budget a next to no academy so has always had to rely on players at the end of there career. No stand out players and turned the team from relegation to promotion on no budget.

Granted relegation in the championship, but again no money, shit team. Only relegated due to the dodgy stuff going on with Derby.

He plays football that will win matches and in my opinion that's all I care about.

With a good team and a little backing I think he'd be the man that COULD get us up. He's a winner.

Did you not say that you once met him or indeed know him in general, and if so, could that positive impression not be clouding your view on him?

He has done a good job at Wycombe, something that I have not doubted. I just don't see how him and Warne can incite such different reactions, putting aside where Ainsworth is from.

You call him a winner but isn't he fairly comparable to Warne to an extent? You mention the Derby sob story but Wycombe were also very lucky that the play offs the season before were decided on points per game when they were 8th, even so, they got promoted through the play offs which is all that matters. Warne has managed to get promoted 3 times, again with not the biggest budget, neither Warne nor Ainsworth could keep them up.

Style of football isn't a primary consideration to me, obviously the main question would be whether he (or indeed anyone) has the flexibility to adjust tactics to suit the players we have here. But it is all about results and from where I see it, neither is notably superior to the other.

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Totally disagree, like you said supporting a football club is very different to everything else, it’s in the blood, all this crap about superfan etc does my head in, nobody should wait to see who the manager is before committing because whoever it it is could be a success or a total failure.

Ask Birdie if he’s waiting for a new manager before he renews, he’d look at you like you’re from a different planet.

Like I’ve said before,Forest signed up Hughton thought what an appointment,turned out a disaster, got Cooper in everything turned found.

All clubs are the same, a percentage who supports through thick and thin and the rest who thinks that they know which manager should be appointed before committing, at least I can say I’ve watched everything from bang average, crap and the sublime , not just jumped in different seasons when it’s going well..

The issue is that you seem to be looking down on those who are holding off.

I have already renewed to reiterate my position so this isn't a personal defence. But you are speaking as if people are threatening to support another team should they be underwhelmed by the managerial appointment, not merely that people would be unwilling to definitely spend such a large sum and give up such a large proportion of their free time when they feel like they are having the piss taken out of them.

You say that you don't like the superfan narrative but go on to imply that you and Birdy are superior because you go regardless. Many people don't seem to fathom that not every single person has the same desire to go and watch every game, some insist on being there and somewhat plan around it, others might go if circumstances suit, if they have nothing else on, if the prices are low, if we are doing well, whatever it is. You and I might consider it "in the blood" but it isn't to the same degree for everyone.

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'd imagine the paycheck is what they want rather than the Rovers gig.

As I say, in an ideal world I wouldn't appoint him, but like some on here, I am fearing a HSH reject coming on here.

Ainsworth wouldn't do it for free.

14 minutes ago, unsall said:

When I had the discussion with Birdie that Venkys were clearly going to be bad for the club back in the early protest days he looked at me like I was from a different planet then. None as blind as those who cannot see.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, unsall said:

And that’s all fine, I’m just like you.

However, unlike you, I also appreciate that fanbases are made up of many different types of fans, not everyone is a hardcore supporter, some have a much more transactional, ‘take it or leave it’ approach to fandom - and that’s why the club needs exciting appointments, reasonable pricing, to be a club giving the  impression of having the slightest clue of what it’s doing if you want to attract as many supporters through the gate as possible.

We need said excitement and proactive stewardship as we won’t be a Championship club much longer if it’s just me, you, Birdy and Chaddy rattling around Ewood.

I’ll bring up my party piece again; John Williams was told on his first day by the board, in the halcyon days of the 90s no less, with booming crowds -  ‘we have 8,000 fans’. He knew a small core will always come, you have to fight bloody hard for the rest… he did, this lot haven’t ever bothered to start, and look at the result.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

Ainsworth has been interviewd & is last man standing ……he’s been constant throughout the month but for some reason they don’t like him …… even though he’s showing the most interest…

Maybe he needs to play hard to get ……

They won't like him because he's from Blackburn and supports the club. They will view him as being the most vocal and end up calling them all out on their poor leadership. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Couldn’t agree more - he’s an obnoxious little shit.

He can’t stand still; he’s either got some mental issues or he’s doing half a kilo of Columbia’s finest, pre-game.

The fact that he took a rag tag outfit like Luton and moulded them into a play off playing team? A manager who has passion in abundance? a manager who out manoeuvred a mowbray team this season?

FFS!

• Like 5

Rovers seems to have kept the 3 names who will be second interview stage out of the public domain and nothing is leaking who these are. I don't think any journalist will break the name we will appoint before the club announce the appointment 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, unsall said:

In 50+ years of supporting the Rovers, what Birdie thinks has never influenced a single decission I have made. Except maybe whereabouts on the Blackburn end I stood.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

Ainsworth has been interviewd & is last man standing ……he’s been constant throughout the month but for some reason they don’t like him …… even though he’s showing the most interest…

Maybe he needs to play hard to get ……

I see it as a positive that Waggot isn't keen on him. Most likely because he's shown some desire, character and hunger in the interview process. This wouldn't sit well with the absolute incompetent no hopers running the show who just want an easy life at the clubs expense. I suspect Ainsworth would come in and want to shake things up and rock the boat a bit. Get him in Waggot you clown.

Edited by BlueBro
  • Like 4

I have been told that Deila has had an interview. First or second interview round I do not know, probably second if the first ones were unemployed? Those sightings on him from the people on the facebook group were not wrong.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BlueBro said:

I see it as a positive that Waggot isn't keen on him. Most likely be a use he's shown some desire, character and hunger in yhe interview process. This wouldn't sit well with the absolute incompetent no hoper who just want an easy life at the clubs expense. I suspect Ainsworth would comebi  and want to rock the boat a bit. Get him in Waggot you clown.

It's probably self preservation on Waggot and Pasha's end. With his Rockstar style etc, Balaji will end up getting on very well with him and bypass the 2 of them in decision making or Balaji will end up being told exactly what's happening without any ewood filters being applied.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phili said:

Yep but the flip side is the lower the loss the more attractive we are to investors when they decide to sell up

They're never going to get their money back - albeit they only bought us for £25m before running us into the ground.

10 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I have been told that Deila has had an interview. First or second interview round I do not know. Those sightings on him from the people on the facebook group were not wrong.

I hope you’ve spelt the name correctly, as I’m not sure Delia would bring much to the club other than her recipe for Lemon Drizzle cake.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I have been told that Deila has had an interview. First or second interview round I do not know, probably second if the first ones were unemployed? Those sightings on him from the people on the facebook group were not wrong.

Where is this from?

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Totally disagree. This idea of blind loyalty is so infutiating for any normal person who purchases a product based on its quality and value for money.  Okay, a football club is somewhat different because we are hugely nostalgic about loving the club our entire life, but ultimately if that club you pay to be part of is no longer representing the values you hold dear or doesn't even consider the feeling of complete detachment of its valuable stakeholders, then you can choose to walk away as many thousands already have over the past 11 years. 

The superfan guff does nothing other than confirm you have an over inflated opinion of yourself as some super Rovers fan, and a lack of imagination for what else you'd do every second Saturday.  It also assists in justifying every poor decision Waggott and the rest of the rabble make. 

A joke appointment would make a  Rovers ST even less palatable than the previous decade, make no mistake. 

These owners have done nothing to cultivate loyalty.

It's a business decision for me now these days - is what's on offer every other Saturday worth my time (the money is less of an issue tbh)? Will I be entertained?

The days of blindly following Rovers died with Steve Kean.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And that’s all fine, I’m just like you.

However, unlike you, I also appreciate that fanbases are made up of many different types of fans, not everyone is a hardcore supporter, some have a much more transactional, ‘take it or leave it’ approach to fandom - and that’s why the club needs exciting appointments, reasonable pricing, to be a club giving the  impression of having the slightest clue of what it’s doing if you want to attract as many supporters through the gate as possible.

We need said excitement and proactive stewardship as we won’t be a Championship club much longer if it’s just me, you, Birdy and Chaddy rattling around Ewood.

I’ll bring up my party piece again; John Williams was told on his first day by the board, in the halcyon days of the 90s no less, with booming crowds -  ‘we have 8,000 fans’. He knew a small core will always come, you have to fight bloody hard for the rest… he did, this lot haven’t ever bothered to start, and look at the result.

Some good points, and yes we needed to get the season tickets at more reasonable prices, to entice the doubters, but my main gripe is fans on here saying they might give it a miss because of the calibre of candidates, when no one has a clue who these supposedly 3 candidates are, folk just going off ITK on here, even most of the journalists haven’t a clue and like I said whoever gets it we won’t know if it’s a success until well into the season.

7 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

I hope you’ve spelt the name correctly, as I’m not sure Delia would bring much to the club other than her recipe for Lemon Drizzle cake.

Lets be having ya! About time a good bit of grub was available on the old concourse.