BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Just now, Ulrich said:

If a thread title causes u depression, maybe u should seek some help?

I think that's a very interesting way of interpreting my post. 

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Is there any chance we name this thread something a little less depressing & negative?

Always makes me smile. Trench humour.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

How much do we think the delay in appointing a manager has contributed to losing Lenihan?

Not much. It's a move for money. Boro wages much bigger than ours. At the end of the day this is his last chance to go and earn a decent sum of money before he's past it. Not getting a PL move now so makes a lot of sense. Wilder wanted him for years too.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

How much do we think the delay in appointing a manager has contributed to losing Lenihan?

It won't have helped that's for sure.

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Is there any chance we name this thread something a little less depressing & negative?

If we'd have appointed someone who isn't a reject manager we've been lumbered with I'd agree.

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Not much. It's a move for money. Boro wages much bigger than ours. At the end of the day this is his last chance to go and earn a decent sum of money before he's past it. Not getting a PL move now so makes a lot of sense. Wilder wanted him for years too.

6 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

None ....💰💰💰💰

Are Boro really paying that much more in wages than us? On a CB? We paid Ayala more than they were willing to. They don't have parachute money anymore, I can't think they have that much more income, and they probably already have a larger wage liability than us.

The LT is certainly suggesting it's a factor, for what that's worth these days of course.

Edited by bluebruce

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Are Boro really paying that much more in wages than us?

Yeah, loads more. Especially within their middle pack.

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Are Boro really paying that much more in wages than us? On a CB? We paid Ayala more than they were willing to. They don't have parachute money anymore, I can't think they have that much more income, and they probably already have a larger wage liability than us.

The LT is certainly suggesting it's a factor, for what that's worth these days of course.

Probably weren't willing to pay that much for Ayala because he's only ever fit for a third of the season whereas we signed him out of desperation.

Not every club wastes money like we do.

• Like 2

Middlesbrough have an owner who wants to invest and wants his club to improve and progress.

That's how they continually attract good managers and good signings - because Gibson will pay for it.

Notice despite lots of hot air that they are taking our captain away by paying him more the Spectre of FFP goes quiet. It goes quiet because we've been told that big spenders like Boro will get their FFP comeuppance eventually (they havent) whilst measures taken at Rovers are entirely suitable to avoid FFP trouble (they havent). Meanwhile we've to find a player as good as Lenihan with no money and no manager.

I've been predicting this one for months yet now we've lost a multimillion pound asset to a rival for nothing and have a big hole to fill. Meanwhile said rival is a promotion favourite and has its house in order.

Despite the inevitably of it all I'm still bitterly disappointed and let down by this Club. I'm just expecting another hammer blow with the manager appointment. It never ends but I'm sure Waggo will be out from his hiding place soon to try and convince fans #we'vedoneallwecan.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I understand that by the end of May deals with both Lenihan and Nyambe had been agreed - the contracts were there for signing and all that was missing was a feckin new manager who they were happy with!!!! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nobody on here can possibly say how much he will be on or indeed how much of the move is financially motivated. That being said, it seems likely that he will get a rise and it says a lot about Rovers under Venkys if we cant come close to competing with a team like Boro.

25 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Why? Venkys are richer than Gibson.

Still no actual news or rumours as to who or when the new manager might be announced? I'm guessing we might get a hint if the season ticket renewal deadline is extended any further...

The unfolding crisis of today - managerless, confused, skeletal squad and key players walking away for nothing- is a crisis that has been left to grow for the last 2 years.

The owners and their stooges have done nothing to deal with it - and look what happens.

It's going to take more than the appointment of a good talker to convince me all is in order. I'm getting flashbacks to 2016.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I understand that by the end of May deals with both Lenihan and Nyambe had been agreed - the contracts were there for signing and all that was missing was a feckin new manager who they were happy with!!!! 

Which makes me wonder....maybe the new manager is now known internally, and he's not happy with it?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Then I find it hard to believe we couldn't have come up with a satisfactory offer last summer, before the managerial situation was looking like it mattered. Instead we got Waggott penny pinching and lost quality players.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nobody on here can possibly say how much he will be on or indeed how much of the move is financially motivated. That being said, it seems likely that he will get a rise and it says a lot about Rovers under Venkys if we cant come close to competing with a team like Boro.

Speak to plenty of agents through my work and know quite a lot about the type of money that a lot of Championship clubs pay out

Edited by JoeH

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We now begin to see the consequences of our shambolic managerial recruitment process.

Lenihan off to Middlesbrough is, IMO, an avoidable loss.  Seems, quite reasonably from his point of view, he was waiting to see who our new manager would be but the lad wasn't going to wait for ever.  The signs were the new contract with us had been agreed.

Not a world beater but will be difficult and costly to replace at this level.  This means immediately our new manager will have less to spend on strengthening other parts of the team as we will need a replacement for Lenihan because if anyone thinks we will get through a season with two from Ayala / Carter / Wharton then they need to think again. 

Don't think our owners and Waggott will ever learn - completely and utterly shambolic management.

Hopefully the likes of Ash Philips step up. But Ayala has always been a better player than Lenihan imo. Though Lenihan finally had a very good season last year. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Speak to plenty of agents through my work and know quite a lot about the type of money that a lot of Championship clubs pay out

What sort of jump are we supposedly talking then? 

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

Hopefully the likes of Ash Philips step up. But Ayala has always been a better player than Lenihan imo. Though Lenihan finally had a very good season last year. 

We can't be expecting him to step up, if he does at such an age then its a bonus.

Ayala is a worthless comparison as he will spend most of the season on the treatment table.

• Like 1