BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

My reading of the Lenhian move and LET article is that he was waiting to see who our new manager would be and the direction the club is taking...we havent appointed anyone and he ran out of patience. Alongside better financial terms. 

A kick in the guts for us leaving us in a bit of a mess squad wise...but to be fair if I wasnt a Rovers fan and treated it as a job I would have done the same. He probably thinks the same as us regarding how the club is run. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'd be completely guessing really. Maybe? I think we could've spent money in January given the sale of Armstrong and the training ground sale. But given Ben Brereton and Sam Gallagher and the money they cost, I'd say the track record suggests Venky's aren't afraid of throwing cash at it.

Check our net spend since they come in, £32m profit from player trading in the last 10 years.

They keep the lights on yeah, but have asset stripped and invested nothing in the team.

Don't know how they expect our situation to change, nor did I understand the "any other manager working with Mowbray's budgets" nonsense.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a myth thats developed that hasnt even come from those in the club really, it wasnt mentioned by Waggott nor Mowbray when we didnt spend last summer, they mentioned being preoccupied in India. The lack of willingness to spend on things that arent FFP eligible prove it to be nonsense.

Are you talking about FFP restricting our spending? If it's a myth, what's your take on why we sold the training ground? Which btw the club absolutely did come out and say that kept us from failing FFP.

FWIW, I don't think they would spend much more if FFP weren't a thing. Our time in the Prem shows that. But FFP does impose hard limits. In the past we could have been more creative in getting around it, but the owners weren't desperate to lose more than the 20 mill yearly losses and that ship has more or less sailed now as the rules have tightened.

13 minutes ago, benhben said:

My reading of the Lenhian move and LET article is that he was waiting to see who our new manager would be and the direction the club is taking...we havent appointed anyone and he ran out of patience. Alongside better financial terms. 

A kick in the guts for us leaving us in a bit of a mess squad wise...but to be fair if I wasnt a Rovers fan and treated it as a job I would have done the same. He probably thinks the same as us regarding how the club is run. 

Captain Fantastic.

So no news on a manager then? 

Maybe we could conduct a poll on which manager we would like out of those rumored to be sitting in the cold seat, and see if our desires are matched by the outcome. 

Not sure how to set it up but I would go for Ferguson. Seems passionate, players respond to successful ex players and nobody would argue with him. 

Kind of Howard Kendall meets Neil Warnock. We need a kick up the arse and Broughton can sort the academy and transfers out starting with Van Hecke. 

After listening to the new DOF interview yesterday I don’t suspect we will be handing any big deals - even if we could afford them - out to 28 year old players. He all but says the project is to develop young players and sell them, then reinvest. I suspect Carter is the direct replacement for Lenihan and we will either buy someone cheap (under 24) or loan someone to fill the gap of JPVH. 

Interesting Nyambe has left international duty due to 'personal reasons'.

Normally means medical ahead of a move elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Honestly if I were a new manager just saw we couldn't retain our homegrown captain, at a club that aren't that great I'd be worried.

Greggs just come in talked about development of players from within the club.

Next thing you know Homegrown talent has gone, and you know what's worse Nyambe will probably be next out the door.

What does that say to Gregg and the new manager (if that ever happens).

It's absolutely embarrassing - the manager who does eventually join won't be feeling optimistic at the shit show he having to pick up from the incompetent lack of planning from Waggott and Mowbray 

It says that the bloke who took us on a journey for 5 years horribly mismanaged the squad.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It says that the bloke who took us on a journey for 5 years horribly mismanaged the squad.

And that as a result there is now an uphill struggle to be had for the new manager.

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Honestly if I were a new manager just saw we couldn't retain our homegrown captain, at a club that aren't that great I'd be worried.

Greggs just come in talked about development of players from within the club.

Next thing you know Homegrown talent has gone, and you know what's worse Nyambe will probably be next out the door.

What does that say to Gregg and the new manager (if that ever happens).

It's absolutely embarrassing - the manager who does eventually join won't be feeling optimistic at the shit show he having to pick up from the incompetent lack of planning from Waggott and Mowbray 

Its easy to pin it especially on Mowbray but if we are working with peanuts im not sure what else he could do personally. He didnt even deal with contract negotiations. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'd have saved money on appointing a new DOF and given that money to the captain of the football club.

I don't know of any DOF that have got a club promoted, by I know plenty of captains that have.

Brentford?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

He (Darragh) had arguably his best season for rover's last season. It says alot that he's moved to boro and not one of the relegated sides, or a bottom end premier league team. It's a side ways move not a step up which is the worst bit.

I'm guessing this time next year it will be viewed as a step up.

• Like 1