BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

• Backroom
3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

It is funny that the "right good go" is stuck in a lot of fans head. When  me and my dad talk about Bowyer it just ends up being right good go impressions 

In his very first interview...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61733351

Bowyer, who says he has no concerns over not being first choice for the manager's job, aims to change the club's "losing mentality".

He added: "I've managed in England for, I think, over 300 league games and I wanted to broaden my horizons. Once I was made aware of the fact there was interest it was a no-brainer for me.

"That's the aim obviously [to go straight back up]. We've got to try and change the mentality very quickly because it's been one of losing games.

"I'm fully aware of how hard the Championship is. It's exciting and we've just got to have a right good go at it."

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

He (Darragh) had arguably his best season for rover's last season. It says alot that he's moved to boro and not one of the relegated sides, or a bottom end premier league team. It's a side ways move not a step up which is the worst bit.

Boro’s about right. He’s not at Prem level.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

In a word, no. Someone should have gotten in there first with a new thread.

To be fair, the longer it goes on, the more relevant it becomes….

Could we please at least fix the appalling  English?

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Latest filed accounts for both clubs blow your arguments out of the water.

Rovers turnover £15million v M'boro £14million

Rovers wages £26million v M'boro £27million 

COVID years, absolutely plummeted figures due to no fans. Of course the figures are similar, we had exactly the same number of fans in the ground... ZERO.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

After listening to the new DOF interview yesterday I don’t suspect we will be handing any big deals - even if we could afford them - out to 28 year old players. He all but says the project is to develop young players and sell them, then reinvest. I suspect Carter is the direct replacement for Lenihan and we will either buy someone cheap (under 24) or loan someone to fill the gap of JPVH. 

So if that happens we are only following part of our own plan.

You mention selling players and reinvesting. But there hasn't been any reinvestment of funds received from Armstrong. Nor have we sold to reinvest on Lenihan and Nyambe because we've refused to pay them the going rate.

Then the other issue - according to the Club and local media we wanted to keep Lenihan and finances weren't the issue last week when he was waiting to see who the new manager was going to be. So we were trying to keep that 28 year old and allegedly made him a good offer.

Finally you mention bringing in a loan to replace him. That isn't consistent with 'the plan'. It's just once again doing things on the cheap short term solution.

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

COVID years, absolutely plummeted figures due to no fans. Of course the figures are similar, we had exactly the same number of fans in the ground... ZERO.

23 league games. Their attendances are average 20 odd thousand ours average about 14 thousand.

23 x say 10000 is 230,000 extra people a year. Average £20 a ticket that's less than £5 million a year.

Very rough figures but shows that alone does not make a game changing difference. Then we need to recognise that our attendances are artificially low due to self sabotage and negligence and could easily be 2 or 3 thousand a week higher as Preston and Bolton will show this season

So all in all maybe a third of Adam Armstrong's money.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Boro’s about right. He’s not at Prem level.

He's a better centre half than Grant Hanley was in my opinion and he's managed to ply his trade at the highest level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Latest filed accounts for both clubs blow your arguments out of the water.

Rovers turnover £15million v M'boro £14million

Rovers wages £26million v M'boro £27million 

Accounts are dated & possibly Covid-impacted ?

Attendances are more contemporary. Rovers need 3 home games to hit Boro’s attendance in 2.

73FEDFAA-8B82-4BE1-AF2E-04FEC150161A.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

is that news or slow lazy journalism on the back of yesterday

Well, it is from Graeme Bailey, who is normally quite good. (Although does get a lot wrong!)  I thought the same though!

Edited by Craigman

3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

I hope it’s news. Big Dunc is back in as the betting favourite now after drifting yesterday so maybe I was premature to say Mercer had done his bollocks, someone out there keeps putting money on Ferguson! Maybe it’s just Merce topping up I don’t know but it makes no sense to me as I’ve seen nothing to suggest we are interested in Ferguson?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Accounts are dated & possibly Covid-impacted ?

Attendances are more contemporary. Rovers need 3 home games to hit Boro’s attendance in 2.

73FEDFAA-8B82-4BE1-AF2E-04FEC150161A.jpeg

Not sure how accurate that table is. As an example, Blackpool only had one 14k+ crowd all season, a usual crowd was about 11k.

23 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Feels like lazy journalism to me. Broughton wasn't first choice and wasn't mentioned before being appointed so no doubt it'll be the same for the manager.. though I can't think of anyone that hasn't been mentioned, in fairness!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

He (Darragh) had arguably his best season for rover's last season. It says alot that he's moved to boro and not one of the relegated sides, or a bottom end premier league team. It's a side ways move not a step up which is the worst bit.

To me it's immaterial where he has gone. My concern is the standard and cost of his replacement.

Ditto Rothwell and Nyambe.

• Like 2