BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Thank goodness for lack of knowledge on British players. Time we look more and more outside of the UK for players, especially those from Scotland and Ireland 

Nah, the time was all the years before Brexit changed the work permit situation. It will more or less just be the most expensive players on the continent who are available to us now, and a handful of bargains fought over by everyone in the Championship and some in the Prem and SPL. More than ever before we have to look at the UK, sadly.

Also, Scotland isn't outside the UK.

Edit - to be clear before anyone jumps in being clever, when I said the most expensive players on the continent, I didn't mean the 40 million quid kinda guys. I mean we probably aren't snapping some 300k bargain who will notch 20 goals, as he probably won't get the necessary points. I'm just saying the pool is a LOT smaller than it was before Brexit.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

I’ve nothing to say except the whole recruitment process has been a shambles, and it’s been that bad we are actually trying to convince ourselves Deila or JDT would be good appointments. 

• Like 9

Just now, Butty said:

I’ve nothing to say except the whole recruitment process has been a shambles, and it’s been that bad we are actually trying to convince ourselves Deila or JDT would be good appointments. 

No words do it justice. I’d be embarrassed to be party to it. Completely amateurish.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, neophox said:

What has Knutsen done?

Taken a team that yo-yo'd between the top two tiers in Norway and made them top flight champions for the first time in their history. Then did it again the next season. They're also based in the remote northern regions so had to travel quite far for all their away games. Did it with quite a lot of youth players too I believe.

Oh and they smashed Mourinho's Roma 6-1 in European competition.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I feel like it's gonna be a Henning Berg-esque appointment. Why can't we just go for a proven manager like Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest did rather than faffing about with left field choices. Those two clubs have shown what good managers who know what it takes to win matches in this league can do for a club. 

Too easy. The Chokers like “ The added degree of difficulty “ in everything they do.

• Like 1

I'd go for Chris Hughton at this stage. Proven manager who knows how to win matches in this league. But that's far too sensible an appointment for the club. He did badly at Forest but he's far superior to any of the managers on our final shortlist. Very disappointed with the names now in the frame. The club have got it wrong yet again. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I'd go for Chris Hughton at this stage. Proven manager who knows how to win matches in this league. But that's far too sensible an appointment for the club. He did badly at Forest but he's far superior to any of the managers on our final shortlist. Very disappointed with the names now in the frame. The club have got it wrong yet again. 

he`s  somewhere in africa,in venky time,it would take them till christmas to find him

• Like 3

Having looked over JDT's 'CV' today, my verdict for now is it would be...an ok appointment. With as much chance of going wrong as going right. A mostly unknown quantity really, but with some experience and success at least, unlike absolute gamble appointments like Ferguson or Carrick.

With how dysfunctional the club is, the position our squad and staff are in, I think we needed better than ok though. A Farke, Carvalhal, Knutsen or even a Deila would have been better options for me. Of course, we have tried at least 3 of those and 2 have gone elsewhere, probably due to our offering shite wages, budget and flexibility though. But it's hard to know how much chance we really had to land the first two over the clubs (and money) they went to without making excessive offers. Acting months ago may have helped, mind.

I think we should be able to do better than JDT (in terms of CV) but if he's what we get I'll see how that pans out. We have to wee with the willy we've got, as Souey used to say.

• Like 3

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

With how dysfunctional the club is, the position our squad and staff are in, I think we needed better than ok though.

I tend to agree. JDT would be a gamble at a stable club, but at Rovers in our present condition... seems like a huge risk if he is the man appointed. I'd obviously give him a chance but I'd be concerned to say the least.

55 minutes ago, den said:

I dont feel in a position to comment massively on him, id find it a little underwhelming IF he is to be the end of such a long search.

That being said, this tweet seemingly has tried to (from afar) critique his CV and he has been jumped on with the usual "give him a chance" and "stop being negative" bullshit that is often the counter argument to constructive points, as seen below.

Screenshot_20220610-235652_Twitter.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Whoever it ends up being, it sounds like it's gonna be a left field appointment and a big gamble. Why am I not surprised. 

Every time a Championship club appoints a manager it’s a gamble. There are so many confounding factors that it’s almost impossible to predict whether a particular individual has a chance of success. 

Sometimes everything comes together, sometimes it doesn’t. Even Coyle has a promotion to the PL under his belt. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont feel in a position to comment massively on him, id find it a little underwhelming IF he is to be the end of such a long search.

That being said, this tweet seemingly has tried to (from afar) critique his CV and he has been jumped on with the usual "give him a chance" and "stop being negative" bullshit that is often the counter argument to constructive points, as seen below.

Screenshot_20220610-235652_Twitter.jpg

There really are some total cretins amongst our fanbase. After 12 years how can people not see what is right in front of them? 

"We are a mid table championship club" yes, exactly because of appointments like this. Pay attention for fuck sake. 

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 7

I for one welcome the out of the box thinking. We could've gone down the Grayson, Warbuton route. 

Foreign managers have a very very good record in the championship in recent years. Silva, Jokanovic, Bilic, Farke, Bielsa, Corberan, Nuno etc etc.

However none of them worked for Venky's. Let's wait and see.

Can't help thinking we haven't signed any of the numerous names we've been linked with because Venkys won't spend what they can get elsewhere.

If we do sign a failure we'll have to put up with him for the length of his contract ie the next 3 years because Venkys won't pay compensation for sacking him.

We're doomed with these owners.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Will the market we’ll be shopping in now have players with the required number of points.

Yes

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

id find it a little underwhelming IF he is to be the end of such a long search.

Why would it be little underwhelming?