BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Dolan misses an open goal....poor...

Diaz miss much worse it was bread and butter for a striker and he just ran straight into Hart 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

watching a premier sports feed don't know who the commentators are but they have definitely done their homework, not as biased as I expected them to be, and decent to listen to

John Hartson on co-comms

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Carter done nothing in pre season to say he’s anywhere near this level still. 

A bit harsh to criticise Carter today I think. A CB having to play RB due to our lack of players in that position and up against a Premiership level winger 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Lads…we won’t be playing the quality Celtic have in the championship…they forwards would get in the top 6 in the prem…calm down

I'm not that worked up at the overall performance btw. Just frustrated with the full backs mainly and it's not based just on today but after a few weeks of not watching today brings it all flooding back. Long term gripe, I don't expect us to go toe to toe with Celtic.

Just now, Miker said:

Pickering and Carter definitely not good enough. 2 new fullbacks has to be priority this season.

Agreed. Judging by that 1st half we need to get Nyambe back. Definitely need a Championship standard left back too as we don't presently have one of those either.

2 minutes ago, deanives said:

A bit harsh to criticise Carter today I think. A CB having to play RB due to our lack of players in that position and up against a Premiership level winger 

Carter is a good option to have on the bench especially with Ayala’s injury record. Don’t think he should be starting at the moment though.

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Lads…we won’t be playing the quality Celtic have in the championship…their forwards would get in the top 6 in the prem…calm down

It's not the quality that Celtic have that's the problem, it's the lack of quality we have.

Getting beat in a friendly by Celtic was expected, it's the manner of it that's worrying.

I'd sell Brereton while we can get a good fee and rebuild the team with the money.

• Like 3

Bear in mind there are a far better side, however midfield weak when we had the ball, attack ther first touch install be kind say it's not good. If we get an offer of 10 million for our so called star forward on this show I would take it.