BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Just now, J*B said:

Just like if you don’t believe what Glen has heard is true, that’s cool too. See - we’ve come full circle.

But there’s only Glen, you and your pals that are bothered that I don’t believe him. There’s only you guys who seem upset….I just gave my opinion. 🤷🏽‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

But there’s only Glen, you and your pals that are bothered that I don’t believe him. There’s only you guys who seem upset….I just gave my opinion. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I’m not bothered that you don’t believe him. Glen’s a big boy and can look after himself.

I don’t like the attitude and culture of calling someone out and/or being condescending to people. I’d call you out for it in the pub so I see no reason to not call you out for it here. Equally, if after every time you posted someone replied saying “Yeah but you’re Mowbray to WBA tip off was nonsense wasn’t it pal?” I’d call them out as well. It’s shitty. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not bothered that you don’t believe him. Glen’s a big boy and can look after himself.

I don’t like the attitude and culture of calling someone out and/or being condescending to people. I’d call you out for it in the pub so I see no reason to not call you out for it here. Equally, if after every time you posted someone replied saying “Yeah but you’re Mowbray to WBA tip off was nonsense wasn’t it pal?” I’d call them out as well. It’s shitty. 

Cool - I’m not the type of person to hold back either.

I see lots of people questioning others on here and rightly so, it’s a discussion board afterall. I also know that Glen has had some pretty awesome sources and has broken some huge stories, I just don’t think he was in front of this one. I’m sure he’ll come up trumps again sometime.

I didn’t think that would be such a huge problem for anyone. 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s the question you want answering?

The forum is happy is here.

You are asking why it is isn’t a coup; nobody has said it wasn’t a coup to get a fella that was managing in the CL and winning titles in recent seasons

You’ve asked why posters think Rovers isn’t attractive; nobody has said it isn’t, we are Blackburn Rovers fanatics on this forum, of course we think it’s an attractive job.

So like I said you are stirring again and I don’t know what you are getting out of it…

Matty there are the odd member here known to fall out with themselves thinking they’re above all an sundry

you know the type, they sit on there own in a dark corner of the pub waiting for the pub quiz to start, usually wearing a patterned tank top and bi focal glasses and a green frayed wooly hat. Complete with a gympish smile and crooked yellowy black teeth

• Backroom
7 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

There's also a side to it that if you "football" your way out of the Championship you end up in the Prem - which is great - but when you're there most teams can out football you and you get murdered and relegated. See Fulham or Norwich in recent years.

You want a team that can find a way to defend and get a result against better teams. Winning ugly against better teams is a big part of football, and we want to be good at it.

Very astute observation that.

Perfectly summed up by our neighbours. I remember that first team that went up for them.

Absolutely nothing special or attractive about them. But somehow they just kept grinding out 1-0 results. 

And although they yo-yoed at the start, one of the few teams that managed to make their Championship style effective in the Prem over time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Paul, we've spoken a lot over the years, probably less so recently. 

You can believe or disbelieve any post/person, after all its a message board.

As you should know more than most, if you interview 5 witnesses of the same accident, you will get different accounts.

We all get told Allsorts, in my case i dont post 95% if it comes second,  third or fourth hand. 

I try to detach myself from the emotional side on a messageboards, and if i post something its not an endorsement of that i agree or disagree with what i've posted. 

If you are telling me not to believe what the owners of our football club tell me, or share that, then it really is all lost. So many times what they say and what i'm reading or being told elsewhere is complete polar opposite. I make a judgement call on that information based on the facts that they have the ultimate deciding vote as owners/funders of BRFC.

Its not about being right, wrong, misinformed, as anybody posting anything is posting what they hear.

I will continue to support the club through the different forms I do, from buying my season ticket, to sponsoring games to buying corporate packages/merchandise.

I will continue to support transparency and supporter groups who work tirelessly for free in the background to ask questions/inform the less fortunate (people who dont talk to the club).

I will continue to read these boards and comment on things as a supporter,

Whilst where I feel intervention/clarity is needed, I will get on the blower to india and seek answers. Contrary to popular belief, I dont find the need to badger them or other sources of information 24/7. They are all big boys and girls, and if anything i'm trying to enjoy just being a supporter with no connection to any individual group, movement who can enjoy the things i've taken for granted beyond football.

It does get tiresome on msg boards , twitter, facebook, txt messages.

i'm trying to limit my activity too as its just not good for me.

I'm pleased supporters like you and others are optimistic and seeing green shoots, its something I do share in the correct quarters. I'm also optimistic.

its probably why after all this time, I still try and communicate to the best of my ability controversial subjects in a professional manner and with supportive content to the owners or representatives of our club.

They dont always answer, sometimes they can completely ignore you, but as its universally understood, they do have a different "class culture". On those occassions you seek clarity through other avenues.

Anyway, hopefully admin hide most of these post, as its a positive day today, and im sure most people want to read about what the thread was intended for, or as the wise man said "take it outside boys"

Sound, no bad blood here. Just two grown men having a discussion. I respect you and what you’ve sacrificed in search of the truth mate. I don’t have to agree with you all of the time though…we’re big enough to move on.

Have a good evening. Life is good pal 👍🏼

• Like 4

In Alicante at the moment and haven’t read the thread. 

First impressions of the appointments are “wow, what a change”! From an expected new but not very different man at the helm telling us the same job saving “facts of life” of how we can’t expect anything much better than what we have now, to a manager who openly tells us his aims are for the Premier League. How nice and uplifting is that? 

Not only that but he also wants a team that plays on the front foot, a pressing, possession based game. Brilliant. There’s more as well. He’s bringing an assistant manager and a “performance director”.  That sounds to me like a team that has ambition. 

On paper at least that’s as much as I could have hoped for. Of course none of that means anything. They will all be judged solely on what the fans see on the pitch. He has a big task now, at this very moment to replace the players that have left - and at the end of all this he will only be as good as the players he brings in. He and his team have got a harder task than most managers in that his knowledge of the standard required in the Championsh and the qualities of any potential British players will be limited. 

Edited by den
  • Like 8

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Anyway, hopefully admin hide most of these post, as its a positive day today, and im sure most people want to read about what the thread was intended for, or as the wise man said "take it outside boys"

Get the sentiment, but think it's better left as an example of how 2 fellow fans that disagree, can at least end the conversation in a respectful manner. 

Good stuff from you and Mani imo. 

But my word counts for crap round here....so, you've probably just wasted about 500 characters. 😂

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Silas said:

Get the sentiment, but think it's better left as an example of how 2 fellow fans that disagree, can at least end the conversation in a respectful manner. 

Good stuff from you and Mani imo. 

But my word counts for crap round here....so, you've probably just wasted about 500 characters. 😂

I enjoy your post, in fact i enjoy 99% of peoples, not sure my wife does though, as she thinks i just get unsociable at home when im on social media.

I like Paul, we've shared a pint etc, he has lots of friends around football, and is an all round nice chap

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It's been no secret that Glen has been ITK for about 12 years. I've no reason to disbelieve him. He's been on TV with Shebby Singh and was the guy who told them to sign Rhodes. He has pretty much a direct line to the owners people in Pune.

If anyone is ITK it's Glen so I don't know why he'd bother to make things up. I've seen the emails.

We know that the club changes their direction like the wind (Warnock/Coyle) so I'm quite happy to believe that the club sounded out Farke and he was first choice. Farke also had a great job offer so it's likely we did want him but he preferred Bundesliga.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, booth said:

It's been no secret that Glen has been ITK for about 12 years. I've no reason to disbelieve him. He's been on TV with Shebby Singh and was the guy who told them to sign Rhodes. He has pretty much a direct line to the owners people in Pune.

If anyone is ITK it's Glen so I don't know why he'd bother to make things up. I've seen the emails.

We know that the club changes their direction like the wind (Warnock/Coyle) so I'm quite happy to believe that the club sounded out Farke and he was first choice. Farke also had a great job offer so it's likely we did want him but he preferred Bundesliga.

Glen does not make things up. FACT

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lraC said:

Glen does not make things up. FACT

If we put it to a serious vote I'd be happy to put Glen as a DOF. He did a far better unpaid job than any of the overpaid chancers we had at the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

If we put it to a serious vote I'd be happy to put Glen as a DOF. He did a far better unpaid job than any of the overpaid chancers we had at the time.

Made you look... 

at your outlandish reply 😁

Like everyone else great news to see such  positive appointments in the head coach/DOF area. Bear in mind JDT & Broughton will see this as an opportunity to get nearer to the biggest league of all( Premier League).

Only hope Venkys do back them to some extent.

It feels like we are back in the modern world  at last.......

• Like 3