BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

He wasted Giles and Hedges should have been in the team earlier than he did. 

He balls it up last season by his stubbornness and unwillingness to adapt and change tactics and how we were playing. Mowbray overthinks the game at times and that's this biggest downfall for him

Who says we could only sign a kid on loan for the Striker position? 

How do you they didn't provide the funds for him to allow him to sign more players than he says? 

The owners allow Mowbray time and patience to build a team and the fact he finished mid table with Armstrong, Elliott, Gallagher, Dolan and BBD was that really good enough?

Mowbray said specifically that the strikers he turned down were kids on loan from the Premier League. He also was denied his wish to sell Rothwell and spend some money.

I have never, ever doubted that he misused Giles or underused Hedges. Or that he in general was central to our collapse. Even in March you were his biggest fan.

Is 8th mid table?

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said specifically that the strikers he turned down were kids on loan from the Premier League. He also was denied his wish to sell Rothwell and spend some money.

I have never, ever doubted that he misused Giles or underused Hedges. Or that he in general was central to our collapse. Even in March you were his biggest fan.

Is 8th mid table?

It isn't the fucking playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Posters on here have said we had money to spend more than Mowbray was saying publicly. 

Who were these kids strikers then? Why didn't he take a risk on one? Why didn't he go back in Maja who was available in January given we could afford him in the summer so why not the January window given the budget is set for the season? 

Biggest fan? I did think he deserved to see the season out since he got in the playoff hunt but still him being one of the main problems why we didn't get top 6. 

Is 8th mid table?

We finished 15th that season with Armstrong, Elliott, BBD, Gallagher and Dolan. Season 20/21 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Biggest fan? I did think he deserved to see the season out since he got in the playoff hunt but still him being one of the main problems why we didn't get top 6. 

So you didn’t want him sacked from February 2021 onwards then?

I would like to see JDT stand up and show some pride as to where we are in the league and the job he has done...whether it has been pretty or not...enough about journeys and the process... speak through the press that we can achieve the playoffs with proper backing...put some pressure on GB and the owners...show the players, the club and the fans that you want top six and promotion and nothing less!

Edited by onlyoneDuff
spelling
  • Like 4

On 06/01/2023 at 22:08, onlyoneDuff said:

I would like to see JDT stand up and show some pride as to where we are in the league and the job he has done...whether it has been pretty or not...enough about journeys and the process... speak through the press that we can achieve the playoffs with proper backing...put some pressure on GB and the owners...show the players, the club and the fans that you want top six and promotion and nothing less!

His last interview saying how they are not even thinking about the playoffs or promotion is baffling.    Maybe behind the scenes he and the team are (or maybe he isn't) but you want to inspire the fans that they are out to achieve something not 'we'll increase the value of the young players by cheating the passing accuracy statistic''

• Like 4

On 12/01/2023 at 12:56, Nuttall is lost said:

His last interview saying how they are not even thinking about the playoffs or promotion is baffling.    Maybe behind the scenes he and the team are (or maybe he isn't) but you want to inspire the fans that they are out to achieve something not 'we'll increase the value of the young players by cheating the passing accuracy statistic''

Bang on.

On 11/01/2023 at 23:56, Nuttall is lost said:

He played in one of the best teams of the last 20 years and he won two titles in Sweden (look where Malmö finished pre and post JDT). He knows what it looks like.

He's not talking down promotion chances because he's on a five year jolly like Mowbray. He's talking them down because he knows the players aren't good enough - we're not bringing on a third CB and employing a low block for 20 mins against relegation threatened Cardiff at home for fun - it's what he has to do to grind out wins.

He's evaluating us as much as we're evaluating him - he won't be here for long if he's not backed in the transfer windows, but he's also not going to publicly call out his boss. He'll be pushing for better players behind closed doors.

The ‘club’ want a side full of young, academy grads and ‘development’ players.

How many of said types of players were on the pitch by the end? Ergo how much higher should we be? This is what the owners/the club want, feel free to remove this guy and GB will bring in another with the same remit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How many of said types of players were on the pitch by the end? Ergo how much higher should we be? This is what the owners/the club want, feel free to remove this guy and GB will bring in another with the same remit.

Venkys are dictating the style of football we should play. Utterly ludicrous. Ewood is still full of "yes" men.

Maybe it was the 70s way, but at least Clough new to tell the owners where to go when it came to matters on the pitch.

Is this new "impetus" from the owners the work of their son who wants to take over? Streuth... More hard years ahead.

I need another shandy.

JDT: "We owe an apology to the fans."

Think we've heard that before. Also, "it won't happen again". Well... Here we are.

Two most embarrassing defeat versus our two closest rivals in my living memory. Countless gutless defeats at the hands of opposition who have worse squads than us.

Sorry, JDT. But this is ALL on you. Change your ways.

• Like 1

• Backroom

This is what a friend told me when first linked - maybe not so far off now 

On 10/06/2022 at 14:44, Tom said:

I know little about JDT other than he’s seemingly succeeded with the tasks he’s had 

A friend from that part of the world told me to be prepared to be bored to death, when asked if he didn’t rate him he said it’s not a slight on his managerial style more his dull personality 

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s the reason they sacked Allardyce and sold an entire Premier league squad. 
Blame the Walker Trustees. That’s how they sold the club.

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Surely it’s the opposite? Very bouncy personality, it’s his style of play that’s dull…

Fair one - let me have one ‘see I was kind of right’ chadster moment here 

• Like 2

I was already in the JDT out camp and this just hammers it home. We play abysmal anti-football that creates zero and the team has no spine - saw the goal after 30 seconds and knew we were in for a pasting. Embarrassing capitulation after embarrassing capitulation. At least Mowbray managed to keep it close when we lost (Fulham hammering aside). 

Awful manager, even worse owners - the club has zero ambition and they wonder why every other club in the area sells more tickets.

• Like 2

Yeah, I do agree there's no point getting rid of tomasson. As much as him laughing on the sidelines aggravates me. We'd just how someone else who's essentially just a front man.

They're killing the spirit of this club. I've given up hope of them ever selling. It's just going to be like this for years and years and years. Who needs it?

It's shameful.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Yeah, I do agree there's no point getting rid of tomasson. As much as him laughing on the sidelines aggravates me. We'd just how someone else who's essentially just a front man.

They're killing the spirit of this club. I've given up hope of them ever selling. It's just going to be like this for years and years and years. Who needs it?

It's shameful.

Get rid of Tomasson and we'll just have another manager trying to work out how to score goals with no fecking strikers, whilst developing young players for PL clubs and to sell on to make buttons, while the promoted teams strike gold.

Venkys out.

• Like 8