BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

12 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Apparently Leeds see glimpses of Bielsa in JDT and are considering him as their next manager. It's on newsnow.

I can’t see any parallels there to be honest. He might be being “ considered “ but I’d be amazed if he actually got the job.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

I'd be surprised period if being honest, would have thought they could get someone more experienced at a higher level than JDT. Not saying I'm not happy with JDT nor impressed, just seems a leap even in our league. He's done alright this season, shame we have slipped down, but I expected a scrap so mid table, just outside is better than expected.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Why? 

From my view point... Big club and big fan base. Probably wouldn't need to move house. 

An ambitious manager could do a lot lot worse imho. 

He'll be sacked the first sign of trouble and there'd be no tolerance for project talk amongst their hordes.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Nixon on the job now so we know it's agents at work.

JDT knows he will not move this team forwards without some real investment and if more cutbacks are planned i don't blame him one bit.

More evidence that those running/owning the show just want a low budget side filled with youth treading water in the future. There is no project at all from their point of view it's still just wing it from season to season with as least hassle as possible whilst being happy to funnel c10/15 million off the company books.

• Like 8

I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if JDT left in Summer. I would be surprised if he left to join Leeds though.

If we were a normal club run by normal people I wouldn’t be too bent out of shape. After all we appointed Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee, Jim Smith, Howard Kendall back in the day. All poached away by First Division clubs. Even Bobby Saxton and Don McKay did well for us with not much. Only Jim Iley was a Chicken Choker style flop appointment.

The trouble with the current management is we’re just as likely to get a Owen Coyle mk 2 style appointment as we are likely to get an improvement on JDT.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if JDT left in Summer. I would be surprised if he left to join Leeds though.

Agreed. I think he was very disappointed at the shenanigans in January and that his relationship with GB is damaged. GB is a 'company' man in need of a job, JDT has a wide choice of where and for whom he works. I fully expect GB to pull every stunt and favour to stay in his job.

GB promised, in his mea culpa immediately after the Jan debacle, intimated that he would give a full explanation in due course ..... I must have missed that.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Agreed. I think he was very disappointed at the shenanigans in January and that his relationship with GB is damaged. GB is a 'company' man in need of a job, JDT has a wide choice of where and for whom he works. I fully expect GB to pull every stunt and favour to stay in his job.

GB promised, in his mea culpa immediately after the Jan debacle, that he would give a full explanation in due course ..... I must have missed that.

The due hasn't run it's course.